IT.COM

CPanel Access

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mackimack

Impact
Hi

I am interested in buying a website. The seller wants me to give him my go daddy account number and email and my cpanel login details at my hosting company to transfer the website.

I dont know what it is but I just dont feel comfortable with this. Is it just me or there is something wrong with this request.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you aren't sure, you can hire someone to do for you with small donation / fee (time = money for everyone )

BTW: you should provide your godaddy cust no + email is necessary for domain push.

you can get his cpanel details and migrate to your server...

Goodluck....

•••
Always, after the transfer is done for the site, you can change the cpanel login.
But yes, a lot of sellers will do this, especially if you are not comfortable with moving sites.

•••
Hello!

What is requested is quite normal although you may feel some kind of uneasiness in the request due to security issues. If you are not comfortable you can choose a different path:

1. Request for his cpanel access details instead and have your host migrate the said website associated with the account.

2. The Godaddy customer id and email is necessary for a domain push. But, if you don't like to give out your details, you can do a domain transfer and request him to authorize the transfer.

In my opinion however, the things requested from you are straightforward and if you trust the seller everything should be fine. Just remember to change your cpanel password after the migration of the acquired website.

I wish you well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back