IT.COM

Access MYSQL / Cpanel

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Guys

I basically sold a site and need to access the datebase to assist in the transfer. I did take a copy of the database before the domain was transferred but its seems to be corrupted.

I thought there was a way to access the mysql through the whm then the cpanel but its says I cant as I am logged in with the route password.

Is there another way for me to access the mysql? I dont want to have to ask the new owner to point the domain back to my hosting.

Thanks

James

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Guys

I basically sold a site and need to access the datebase to assist in the transfer. I did take a copy of the database before the domain was transferred but its seems to be corrupted.

I thought there was a way to access the mysql through the whm then the cpanel but its says I cant as I am logged in with the route password.

Is there another way for me to access the mysql? I dont want to have to ask the new owner to point the domain back to my hosting.

Thanks

James

Hello James,

The only way would be to login to his account directly (not via root).

Regards,
Jack

•••
Is your MySQL has the same login/pass as your Cpanel?

•••

Find out the old server's IP (whois.domaintools.com, hosterstats.com might help), and login to WHM/cPanel. You can then create another backup, or give remote mysql access to an IP of your liking.

•••
I usually perform all work for clients on my server. When they have paid in full, I create a new database within their hosting account. I update the config files to point to the new database and also change paths. If it's a small database then I just open it up in a text editor; if it is a large database then I use Advanced Find and Replace by Abacre to make the changes. Then I upload the dump...not always in that order.

I think you are not doing some basic work for them, do you?

•••
Simply contact your current web host and ask.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back