Domain Empire

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Not seeing any sources in that reply, it's kind of like you're pulling numbers out of somewhere. I'm simply asking you to back the numbers in your post up, so far you have dodged that. And I expect that you will continue to do that, you'll prove me right in your next post.
I told you, I am tired of hearing EPIDEMIOLIGISTS, PROFESSIONALS on the matter talking about these numbers. 20x ARE THE NUMBERS. They can see it in the field, in hospitals, not in a fantasy world.

•••
Hospitals are running out of beds, respirators, matterial. People are dying right now for asphyxiation, and even for other diseases because of the shortage of doctors or medical stuff. Really, just still trying to compare the seasonal flu with the coronavirus in public is not letting you in a very good space.

so if you had a choice, your country in a depression , you living in cardboard box on the streets , starving . Or, you get the coronavirus, statistics say you will most likely recover and be fine. Which do you choose??

•••
I am not saying this virus isn’t bad, all viruses are bad, what I am saying is , is that media is blowing the roof off of this virus to astronomical proportions, it is a virus , made in a lab, or natural by Mother Nature, it is a virus that must run its course, then it will go away. Maybe to return seasonally, maybe not, I can see the virus causing some very populated cities in the world to perhaps shelter in place because of the spread, but never a whole state, definitely never a whole country IMO, 7 million people died in the United States from starvation from the Great Depression in the 1930s , that from starvation alone , if we did nothing and kept going through this COVID virus, we would not loose 7 million people because the mortality rate says we wouldn’t. That if we did absolutely nothing to combat the COVID-19
Really, this is not something about the media. The isolation measures are made to prevent deaths, thousands of deaths. With no isolation, then we could see those number of deaths increasing by 10x and then nobody could be attended at a hospital, whatever disease they have, because the hospitals would be totally collapsed.

•••
so if you had a choice, your country in a depression , you living in cardboard box on the streets , starving . Or, you get the coronavirus, statistics say you will most likely recover and be fine. Which do you choose??
The market can recover from a break month. Thousands of people dying will definitely not recover because of the fault of isolation measures during 3 or 4 weeks. That's what I think.

•••
Great, why didn't you post the sources, what I asked for in my last post. I like to read these things. Please provide that info with your next post.
Here you have one:
https://www.ccn.com/coronavirus-is-20x-deadlier-than-the-flu-shocking-new-data-reveals/

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-ne...the-flu-but-they-have-one-big-thing-in-common

Francois Balloux, Professor of Computational Systems Biology at University College London:

COVID-19, the illness caused by coronavirus, proves deadly in around 3.5 percent of confirmed cases.

While this is not the same as its mortality rate, given many people may be infected but not realise it, it is significantly higher than seasonal flu, which typically kills 0.1 percent of patients.

"There is still considerable uncertainty around the fatality rates of COVID-19 and it likely varies depending on the quality of local healthcare," said Francois Balloux, Professor of Computational Systems Biology at University College London.

"That said, it is around two percent on average, which is about 20 times higher than for the seasonal flu lineages currently in circulation."

Contagiousness

Disease experts estimate that each COVID-19 sufferer infects between two to 3 others.

That's a reproduction rate up to twice as high as seasonal flu, which typically infects 1.3 new people for each patient.

Last edited:
•••
Great, why didn't you post the sources, what I asked for in my last post. I like to read these things. Please provide that info with your next post.

Here you have another one:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

In fact, it seems that it's even worse. Not a 2%, but a 3,4% of Mortality Rate:

3.4% Mortality Rate estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO) as of March 3

In his opening remarks at the March 3 media briefing on Covid-19, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated:

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.”

Last edited:
•••

3.4% Mortality Rate estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO) as of March 3

In his opening remarks at the March 3 media briefing on Covid-19, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated:

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.”

Thanks, of course the problem is this is ongoing so we don't have the final numbers yet. Many not tested. Then stats are usually confirmed cases/deaths. Not expected cases/deaths.

----------
I did notice in the previous page the first person under 18 has died.

Normal flu
While relatively rare, some children die from flu each year. Since 2004-2005, flu-related deaths in children reported to CDC during regular flu seasons have ranged from 37 to 187 deaths. Even though the reported number of deaths during the 2017-2018 flu season was 187, CDC’s mathematical models that account for the underreporting of flu-related deaths in children estimate the actual number was closer to 600.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highrisk/children.htm

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, of course the problem is this is ongoing so we don't have the final numbers yet. Many not tested. Then stats are usually confirmed cases/deaths. Not expected cases/deaths.
It is not only the mortality of this virus, but the time that hospitalized patients need to recover.
They need 2 weeks minimum if "everything goes fine", and more than a month of ICU if not. That's A LOT of time at the ICU and needing respirators, doctors and hospital resources.
Literally, the coronavirus patients can consume all the resources of a Hospital,
also necessary to treat all kinds of patients and pathologies.

Last edited:
•••
It is not only the mortality of this virus, but the time that hospitalized patients need to recover.
They need 2 weeks minimum if "everything goes fine", and more than a month of ICU if not. That's A LOT of time at the ICU and needing respirators, doctors and hospital resources.
Literally, the coronavirus patients can consume all the resources of a Hospital,
also necessary to treat all kinds of patients and pathologies.
I am with you on this subject. Covid is not the flu. Covid is nothing like the flu. I was going to make a bullet point on the differences, but the fact is Covid is wreaking havoc on medical systems. We don't have medical systems collapsing with the flu.

•••

ok, so a 3.4% mortality rate, yes, that is higher than a traditional flu, but what about the the 97.6% that fully recover ??? Ok, it may take 2 weeks to fully recover , but most on avg don’t need to go to a hospital to begin with, take fever reducing medication, cough syrup, drink plenty of fluids and stay at home and get well, there is nothing a doctor can do besides what a person can do themself, unless of course they are having difficulty breathing, then , go to a hospital. Think of how much hospital and medical that would free up. People have got to rationalize their thoughts for crying out loud

With the media steadily saying “ Your gonna die”” there is your over crowded hospitals right there

Last edited:
•••
Here is the rock hard truth IMO , currently, you have a 97.6% chance of a full recovery from COVID, if you get COVID, you may, or may no get sick. If you do get fever and get sick , it is a extremely high probability that you will fully recover, if you have complications from COVID like pneumonia , you report to a hospital for care, worst case, that 3.4% of all cases, you will die from the COVID-19 virus. But one thing that I believe with my heart, body and soul , You will not die until it is your time.

•••
I am with you on this subject. Covid is not the flu. Covid is nothing like the flu. I was going to make a bullet point on the differences, but the fact is Covid is wreaking havoc on medical systems. We don't have medical systems collapsing with the flu.
Exactly. You have defined the problem perfectly in two sentences.

•••
•••
More than half of New Orleans' emergency medical workers are under quarantine, mayor says

More half of New Orleans' medical emergency services personnel are under quarantine due to the coronavirus pandemic, the city’s mayor told CNN’s Erin Burnett on Tuesday.

With New Orleans hospitalizations expected to exceed their capacity in 11 days, according to the Louisiana Gov. John Bell Edwards, New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell said she is looking for the federal government’s major disaster declaration to get a long-awaited relief.

“We're looking for that declaration to be approved so that it can unlock the much needed resources that our first responders need on the ground. For example, my EMS department, over 50% of my people are now on quarantine. And so while we've unlocked additional resources at the state level, the state can no longer go on without federal assistance at this time,” Cantrell said.

There have been at least 375 cases of coronavirus and 26 deaths in New Orleans so far, the mayor said.

Last edited:
•••
•••

Kills a lot more. So right now:

Coronavirus World Deaths - 18,810

Flu Deaths - 291,000 - 646,000 a year

"As many as 646,000 people may die from influenza each year worldwide, according to the latest estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — a larger number than what other health experts have predicted in years past."

"The CDC said between 291,000 and 646,000 people die from seasonal flu-linked respiratory illnesses."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...die-of-influenza-worldwide-than-who-estimated

---------
So can we say Coronavirus may kill those infected at a higher rate but the flu kills at a higher number?

Can we also say, to this point, Swine flu was worse than this as far as numbers?

"Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died"

Number of Deaths
Coronavirus - 18,810
Swine Flu - 151,700 - 575,400

Last edited:
•••
7 million people died in the United States from starvation from the Great Depression in the 1930s , that from starvation alone

Source? From what I can tell, that "7 million" number comes directly from Russian propaganda. (Not gonna link to the Russian prop website, but here's my source.)

Now, here's what Smithsonian Magazine said about the issue:

Great Depression Had Little Effect on Death Rates

I see now why your view on all this is so different than mine. Might wanna check your sources....

Last edited:
•••
99% of what you've been taught as the truth is a lie.

•••
Todays COVID Stats...

Italy's deaths today jumped up again to 743 after a two day drop, unfortunately... :xf.sick:

Spain's deaths also had a considerable jump (680) as did France with 240.

The USA had only 5 more deaths than yesterday, but a very big jump in new cases (almost 10,000)
upload_2020-3-25_0-59-42.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

On the bright side, if COVID-19 forces Planned Parenthood to close for two weeks, the virus will have saved more lives than it has taken.

Last edited:
•••
Here is the rock hard truth IMO , currently, you have a 97.6% chance of a full recovery from COVID,
100 - 3.4 = 96.6

"Full" recovery is arguable - if you're seriously affected there could be permanent lung damage.

Last edited:
•••
Kills a lot more. So right now:

Coronavirus World Deaths - 18,810

"As many as 646,000 people may die from influenza each year worldwide, according to the latest estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — a larger number than what other health experts have predicted in years past."

"The CDC said between 291,000 and 646,000 people die from seasonal flu-linked respiratory illnesses."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...die-of-influenza-worldwide-than-who-estimated

---------
So can we say Coronavirus may kill those infected at a higher rate but the flu kills at a higher number?

Can we also say, to this point, Swine flu was worse than this as far as numbers?

"Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died"

Number of Deaths
Coronavirus - 18,810

Yet knowing that the coronavirus spread infection is 3x than the flu.
Yet knowing the coronavirus death rate is 3.5% and the flu death rate is 0.1%. Yet knowing all this you continue with your arguing?

I mean, seriously, are you comparing a YEARLY flu death number, versus a three months coronavirus death number taken from lets say LESS THAN 1/10 of the countries of the world infected?

You just have to multiply your yearly Flu Deaths, and let's take the minimum number 291,000 x 20 = 5,820,000 yearly deaths by coronavirus.
There you have your number, in the low range.

Last edited:
•••
Yet knowing all this you continue with your arguing?

Had to show my "ignored content" to see who you're referring to, but no surprise. JB will argue all day long about anything, even when he knows he's being absolutely absurd. The dude just likes to argue for the sake of arguing, doesn't matter what it is. You could show him a picture of a horse, and he'd spend hours arguing that it wasn't actually a horse.

I hit the Ignore button about half the thread ago (him and a few others that it looks like are still posting nonsense). Sure saved me a lot of time!

Last edited:
•••
Yet knowing that the coronavirus spread infection is 3x than the flu.
Yet knowing the coronavirus death rate is 3.5% and the flu death rate is 0.1%. Yet knowing all this you continue with your arguing?

I mean, seriously, are you comparing a YEARLY flu death number, versus a three months coronavirus death number taken from lets say LESS THAN 1/10 of the countries of the world infected?

You just have to multiply your yearly Flu Deaths, and let's take the minimum number 291,000 x 20 = 5,820,000 yearly deaths by coronavirus.
There you have your number, in the low range.

Those are the numbers at this time, which I said could change, at least the Coronavirus numbers.

Number of Deaths
Coronavirus - 18,810

Had to show my "ignored content" to see who you're referring to, but no surprise. JB will argue all day long about anything, even when he knows he's being absolutely absurd. The dude just likes to argue for the sake of arguing, doesn't matter what it is. You could show him a picture of a horse, and he'd spend hours arguing that it wasn't actually a horse.

I hit the Ignore button about half the thread ago (him and a few others that it looks like are still posting nonsense). Sure saved me a lot of time!

This is the guy that said we would lose phone, internet, cable, water etc. Fear mongering posting. There is nothing absurd in facts, those are CDC numbers. Another that has me (supposedly) on ignore literally posts stuff from conspiracy sites.

Last edited:
•••
At its current accelerating rate, the US will likely cross 100,000 cases later this week. (That would far surpass what China reported; of course we know they lied.)

Italy and some others are in BAD shape -- and the US will soon be right there with them (albeit with far higher numbers), as there are no serious solutions in sight. Just band-aids and political infighting.

Brace yourself :xf.cry:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back