Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And they said over 100,000 infected in Ohio.......0 deaths. And if we have millions infected and 60 dead, pretty low death rate. But how is that even defined? We have infected, confirmed cases, deaths. How do they know if somebody is infected, if they weren't tested?

The thing you might want to consider is this has just begun on a high number level, so the majority of cases are people are still sick and fighting the virus, we wont have final numbers for a bit.

Last edited:
•••
I just wish i could see what history is going to say right now, it is going to read much different than we are being told right now IMO
So true!

•••
All overseas arrivals to Australia will be required to self-isolate as country tackles coronavirus threat, live updates - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Cheers
Corey

•••
Just reading about Italy, deaths. First 105 that died:

Average age of 81.........life expectancy in Italy is 82.

2/3 had at least 3 pre-existing conditions.

Last 2 deaths in Florida, 68, 77.

This affecting older more, Swine flu younger:

"Though the 2009 flu pandemic primarily affected children and young and middle-aged adults"

Don't remember schools shutting down.

"National Institute of Health, researchers determined that of the 105 Italians who died from the coronavirus, the average age was 81 — 20 years older than the average age of patients who tested positive.

The dramatic rise in mortality rates among older populations can be attributed largely to two factors. First, the immune system becomes weaker as we age, with infections becoming more severe, and taking longer to recover from. Second, older people are more likely to have underlying health concerns: Of the 105 Italians who had died from the coronavirus as of March 4, two-thirds had at least three preexisting conditions, the most common of which were hypertension, coronary heart disease, and diabetes."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...high-mortality-rate-among-older-patients.html

-------------------
Some other things to read:
Characteristics of people dying by suicide after job loss, financial difficulties and other economic stressors during a period of recession (2010-2011): A review of coroners׳ records.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26001669

Out of all suicide deaths worldwide, the researchers estimated that 1 in 5 are tied to unemployment.
https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19533897/unemployment-suicide-risk/

Besides what I mentioned earlier, suicides alone from job loss, will probably be more than virus loss.

Last edited:
•••
All overseas arrivals to Australia will be required to self-isolate as country tackles coronavirus threat, live updates - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Cheers
Corey

Australia is doing good right now, 249 total cases +1 new cases 2 total deaths , stay safe sister, take care of yourself

•••
Just reading about Italy, deaths. First 105 that died:

Average age of 81.........life expectancy in Italy is 82.

2/3 had at least 3 pre-existing conditions.

Last 2 deaths in Florida, 68, 77.

This affecting older more, Swine flu younger:

"Though the 2009 flu pandemic primarily affected children and young and middle-aged adults"

Don't remember schools shutting down.

"National Institute of Health, researchers determined that of the 105 Italians who died from the coronavirus, the average age was 81 — 20 years older than the average age of patients who tested positive.

The dramatic rise in mortality rates among older populations can be attributed largely to two factors. First, the immune system becomes weaker as we age, with infections becoming more severe, and taking longer to recover from. Second, older people are more likely to have underlying health concerns: Of the 105 Italians who had died from the coronavirus as of March 4, two-thirds had at least three preexisting conditions, the most common of which were hypertension, coronary heart disease, and diabetes."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...high-mortality-rate-among-older-patients.html

-------------------
Some other things to read:
Characteristics of people dying by suicide after job loss, financial difficulties and other economic stressors during a period of recession (2010-2011): A review of coroners׳ records.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26001669

Out of all suicide deaths worldwide, the researchers estimated that 1 in 5 are tied to unemployment.
https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19533897/unemployment-suicide-risk/

Besides what I mentioned earlier, suicides alone from job loss, will probably be more than virus loss.

First person who tested positive for COVID-19 in Dallas County leaving hospital in 'great shape'

https://www.fox4news.com/news/first...dallas-county-leaving-hospital-in-great-shape

77 years old

I think you may be misunderstanding why the many concerns in this thread, We are looking at world wide results here, we are looking at the response from each country, the virus spread rate and all assortment of different complications that the virus is bringing and what we are seeing the virus is laying down

Still wondering = Who the hell made it

Last edited:
•••
First person who tested positive for COVID-19 in Dallas County leaving hospital in 'great shape'

https://www.fox4news.com/news/first...dallas-county-leaving-hospital-in-great-shape

77 years old

I think you may be misunderstanding why the many concerns in this thread, We are looking at world wide results here, we are looking at the response from each country, the virus spread rate and all assortment of different complications that the virus is bringing and what we are seeing the virus is laying down

Right, and the worst country people keep mentioning, the average death age is 81, in a country where the life expectancy is 82 and 2/3 of those had at least 3 pre-existing conditions. I imagine at that age with at least 3 pre-existing conditions, they probably wouldn't have fared well getting the regular flu.

Last edited:
•••
Worldometer.png
Right, and the worst country people keep mentioning, the average death age is 81, in a country where the life expectancy is 82 and 2/3 of those had at least 3 pre-existing conditions. I imagine at that age with at least 3 pre-existing conditions, they probably wouldn't have fared well getting the regular flu.

This is where we are currently at @JB Lions

The mortality rate is 7% total, the mortality rate % is climbing every 3 days, keep in mind that Africa is doing extremely well with total cases, 3rd world countries as well

•••
@.X.

Any source for this figure?

•••
Show attachment 147630

This is where we are currently at @JB Lions

The mortality rate is 7% total, the mortality rate % is climbing every 3 days, keep in mind that Africa is doing extremely well with total cases, 3rd world countries as well

You left off the active cases.

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

•••
•••
You left off the active cases.

That is because those aren't complete yet, so they can't give us a mortality rate until they are closed either recovered or deceased

•••
That is because those aren't complete yet, so they can't give us a mortality rate until they are closed either recovered or deceased

The WHO includes the numbers you didn't.

•••
at a 93% recovery with closed cases, we are still at a low mortality rate considering it is a new virus, but much more than the Flu.

•••
The WHO includes the numbers you didn't.

I could have taken a Full Screen shot to include those numbers, I consider closed cases better information as what is going to happen, we don't know. i will do a full screenshot next time though

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
"Everything we do before a pandemic will seem alarmist. Everything we do after will seem inadequate." - Michael Leavitt, former HHS Secretary under President George W. Bush

•••
•••
How much would this be worth right now, TP heaven

Last edited:
•••
here we go.. montreal considering calling in military to help with homeless population management..

i think its time we realize.. this has police state and martial law written all over it.. and the virus was totally a predesigned event and catalyst to make that happen. everything we see may not be random but a carefullly crafted event with carefully crafted goals in mind. well lets just hope those goals are for the best for all.

•••
here we go.. montreal considering calling in military to help with homeless population management..

i think its time we realize.. this has police state and martial law written all over it.. and the virus was totally a predesigned event and catalyst to make that happen. everything we see may not be random but a carefullly crafted event with carefully crafted goals in mind. well lets just hope those goals are for the best for all.

Do you have link to story? Tried searching, not seeing much.

•••
Do you have link to story? Tried searching, not seeing much.

its not long overall... if u wanna listen to all.. but the part i mentioned was around middle somewhere..

•••
Not seeing much information on the surge of incidents on the African continent. Latest reports are Covid-19 cases found in 24 of the 54 countries on the continent so far, and it could be absolutely catastrophic.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back