Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Apparently, democrats are not even a little bit curious why immigrants are not required to get a vaccine but American workers are.

I already said a few posts up "They should". I guess you missed it.

Brad

•••
Under the exact same framework another state could mandate a vaccine, provide no legal enforcement mechanism, and give anyone else (not even in that state) standing to sue the other party civilly for violating it.

Regardless of how you feel about abortion itself, the underlying framework of the Texas law is absurd. You can't have a law that has no legal enforcement mechanism, and gives standing to unrelated & uninjured third parties. It could be abused in so many creative ways.

Brad

you can think the abortion law is absurd .. but it’s not against the constitution nor Roe v Wade … get an abortion any time in Texas .. within 6 weeks … my body my choice .. Roe v Wade .. the abortion clinics are open and taking patients ..

We don’t care what other states do .. Greg Abbott has showed that with all the new laws that have been passed .. we are all grown adults .. there is no need to use the Bad Example card .. we like what we like here and have the right to have the state the WAY we like it

•••
you can think the abortion law is absurd .. but it’s not against the constitution nor Roe v Wade … get an abortion any time in Texas .. within 6 weeks … my body my choice .. Roe v Wade .. the abortion clinics are open and taking patients ..

We don’t care what other states do .. Greg Abbott has showed that with all the new laws that have been passed .. we are all grown adults .. there is no need to use the Bad Example card .. we like what we like here and have the right to have the state the WAY we like it

I am not going to sidetrack this debate on COVID, but a "law" is not a law without a legal enforcement mechanism. The Supreme Court has already ruled that states can't delegate their authority to private parties.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I already said a few posts up "They should". I guess you missed it.

Brad

Glad to see you're an equal opportunity oppressor.

China Virus.

upload_2021-9-13_13-18-17.png

•••
Every business that sticks by or mandates the covid vaccine in Texas … probably better leave because they won’t be welcome here .. I can only make a suggestion .. but every Democrat should probably leave too .. they already aren’t welcome here

•••
•••
I am not going to sidetrack this debate on COVID, but a "law" is not a law without a legal enforcement mechanism. The Supreme Court has already ruled that states can't delegate their authority to private parties.

Brad

no .. but the people can

•••
Every business that sticks by or mandates the covid vaccine in Texas … probably better leave because they won’t be welcome here .. I can only make a suggestion .. but every Democrat should probably leave too .. they already aren’t welcome here

If you don't like it then leave, the classic GOP line.

Pretty much every population center in Texas is liberal. Every rural place is conservative.
The voter registration there is almost 50/50 by party affiliation.

The GOP has done a good job gerrymandering a super majority there, so that is impressive at least.

Brad

•••
no .. but the people can

People = private parties. A state can't delegate their enforcement to private parties.
It is settled precedent.

You just say shit that isn't true with no citation.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If you don't like it then leave, the classic GOP line.

Pretty much every population center in Texas is liberal. Every rural place is conservative.
The voter registration there is almost 50/50 by party affiliation.

The GOP has done a good job gerrymandering a super majority there, so that is impressive at least.

Brad

I don’t have to leave … Greg Abbott isn’t going to let it happen … now you can always petition to have Texas removed from the union .. wouldn’t matter .. if that happened we would be the 9th largest country in the world out of 195 countries ..

we are the thorn in y'all's side that will never go away .

Last edited:
•••
I don’t have to leave … Greg Abbott isn’t going to let it happen … now you can always petition to have Texas removed from the union .. wouldn’t matter .. if that happened we would be the 9th largest country in the world out of 195 countries ..

Yeah, they would be California's little brother. The gap between the GDP of California and Texas is larger than Florida.

Texas and Florida combined are still California's little brother. LOL

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Also, this is not a forced inoculation. What would the order actually do?

President Biden announced last week that “the Department of Labor is developing an emergency rule to require all employers with 100 or more employees, that together employ over 80 million workers, to ensure their workforces are fully vaccinated or show a negative test at least once a week.” A right-wing freakout predictably followed, based on misrepresentations of the rule and near total ignorance of the federal government’s power to regulate workplaces.

Either get the vaccine OR show a negative test weekly. Muh freedoms!

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act allows the Health and Human Services Department or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to make necessary measures "to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the States or possessions, or from one State or possession into any other State or possession." This might certainly entail vaccination requirements for anyone but Biden is merely requiring large employers present the alternative of testing or vaccinations.

Second, the Occupational Safety and Health Act has been in effect since 1970. It mandates all sorts of things in workplaces - hard hats, personal protective equipment, steel-toed shoes, ear plugs and goggles, to name a few. In June OSHA issued an Emergency Temporary Standard for health-care workers that required measures to suppress transmission including "patient screening and management; Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions; personal protective equipment (PPE), including facemasks or respirators; controls for aerosol-generating procedures; physical distancing of at least six feet, when feasible; physical barriers; cleaning and disinfection; ventilation; health screening and medical management; training; anti-retaliation; recordkeeping; and reporting."

Roderick Hills, a New York University Law professor, told the legal website Law & Crime: "The federal government has regulated workplace safety since 1970, when [President Richard M.] Nixon signed the Occupational Safety and Health Act into law. The businesses covered by the Act are all regarded as either in' or affecting' interstate commerce and therefore within Congress' power to regulate under Article I, section 8, clause 3 of the Constitution (the so-called commerce clause')."

•••
Texas is going blue sooner or later. It gets more and more purple each election.

https://www.270towin.com/states/Texas

Demographics are not on your side. What happened to Virginia is the future for Texas.

Brad

“Would have been the future of Texas””. The state is doing a 360 right now …homes are being put up for sale … hadn’t all this shit happened .. it would have gotten deep purple … Trump best Biden by over 700,000 votes in 2020 … in 2024 Daffy Duck could run on the Republican ticket and win Texas … so .. No … you all won’t be getting Texas .. it’s not possible now .. not after everything that has happened .. plus what is yet to come … no way

•••
Also, this is not a forced inoculation. What would the order actually do?

President Biden announced last week that “the Department of Labor is developing an emergency rule to require all employers with 100 or more employees, that together employ over 80 million workers, to ensure their workforces are fully vaccinated or show a negative test at least once a week.” A right-wing freakout predictably followed, based on misrepresentations of the rule and near total ignorance of the federal government’s power to regulate workplaces.

Either get the vaccine OR show a negative test weekly. Muh freedoms!

Brad

you said it best .. and that is exactly the Biden agenda .. “push comes to shove.. people will take the vaccine “”. Push come to shove is forced inoculation .. people would have already gotten the vaccine had they voluntarily chosen to have it … so now .. the push come to shove method is in play .

Biden can’t force me .. and many others to his vaccine mandate command .. I “Could” leave the country today if I wanted to .. I ain’t leaving my country .. I am staying .. you will see your prediction of push of come to shove will come back to bite you and your people .. it’s wrong in every way ..

•••
you said it best .. and that is exactly the Biden agenda .. “push comes to shove.. people will take the vaccine “”. Push come to shove is forced inoculation .. people would have already gotten the vaccine had they voluntarily chosen to have it … so now .. the push come to shove method is in play .

Biden can’t force me .. and many others to his vaccine mandate command .. I “Could” leave the country today if I wanted to .. I ain’t leaving my country .. I am staying .. you will see your prediction of push of come to shove will come back to bite you and your people .. it’s wrong in every way ..

Vaccine OR weekly test. Your choice.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Vaccine OR weekly test. Your choice.

Brad

I do not consent to either one .. you can have mine .. your welcome .. .. I feel perfectly great .. if I get sick I will take the test .. otherwise no need clogging the Heath care system up with mock bullshit …

Last edited:
•••
I do not consent to either one .. you can have mine .. your welcome .. .. I feel perfectly great .. if I get sick I will take the test .. otherwise no need clogging the Heath care system up with mock bullshit …
I read somewhere 0 Delta quit, over their rule

Cant be that bad! -How about extra $2,000+ out of your pocket, per month. LOL.

Well played, Delta (airlines)

Last edited:
•••

Cant be that bad! How about extra $2,000+ out of your pocket, per month. LOL.

Some did quit .. a decent amount quit at Tyson foods here as well.. Like Biden can bribe me to get a fucking vaccine .. well .x. .. I guess I am gonna have to use the push come to shove play on you 😂😂. All I got is time my friend .. time is completely on my side with the covid - 19 vaccine mandate

it was a complete pawn scam - Tyranny game played by Delta .. I can hear the CEO .. well .. we got em .. right in the pocket book .. that forced inoculation upon the employees .. had they wanted the vaccine .. they would have gotten it voluntarily with out being fined $200

Last edited:
•••

Cant be that bad! -How about extra $2,000+ out of your pocket, per month. LOL.

Yep. It is their right to pass the extra cost on to the unvaccinated.

It is only fair. It simply costs more in medical expenses, on average.

It seems to be working.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yep. It is their right to pass the extra cost on to the unvaccinated.

It is only fair. It simply costs more in medical expenses, on average.

It seems to be working.

Brad

mandate at any cost to the people huh Brad ?? No price paid is to much huh ?? Not their life .. nothing huh ??

•••
mandate at any cost to the people huh Brad ?? No price paid is to much huh ?? Not their life .. nothing huh ??

Other parties have rights as well, your rights do not supersede them.

Private companies set the terms of service and employment. It doesn't matter if you "consent" to that, that is how it works.

Your consent is irrelevant.

In this case Delta is simply passing on the extra cost they are incurring because of your decision. That is their right.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back