NameSilo

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SARS-CoV-2

Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2

Life has turned into a real-life movie; 75K dead USA, 30K UK,

Last edited:
•••
I've always been "hmmmmm" ever since I saw the news about the infections in a Seattle Nursing home. After the first known infection in America.

Like how did THAT happen?

Nursing homes workers or relatives visiting their parents are who mostly bring the virus to the Nursing Homes. And due to their work, the workers touch every elder everyday, one behind the other... so if one gets the virus, the rest of the elders from the nursing home are going to get infected very fast.
That's how the virus enters those sites.

Last edited:
•••
Nursing homes workers or relatives visiting their parents are who mostly bring the virus to the Nursing Homes. And due to their work, the workers touch every elder everyday, one behind the other... so if one gets the virus, the rest of the elders from the nursing home are going to get infected very fast.
That's how the virus enters those sites.

Most times I would agree with the simple explanation but given the distance between the first known case in America and then the news of the first nursing home infection just did not make sense to me.

whenever there is some mention of a "hotspot" especially in midwest or out of the way places.

just seems suspect to me like it's being spread intentionally in the "heartland" of America to really spread fear.

yea sure if there is an infection in Los Angeles or New York City or Miami it make sense but when infection shows up in Kirkland Nursing home in Seattle in the middle of no where. really doesn't make sense to me especially when the first case of Coronavirus was in Chicago of a woman who arrived from Wuhan.

•••
Most times I would agree with the simple explanation but given the distance between the first known case in America and then the news of the first nursing home infection just did not make sense to me.

whenever there is some mention of a "hotspot" especially in midwest or out of the way places.

just seems suspect to me like it's being spread intentionally in the "heartland" of America to really spread fear.

yea sure if there is an infection in Los Angeles or New York City or Miami it make sense but when infection shows up in Kirkland Nursing home in Seattle in the middle of no where. really doesn't make sense to me especially when the first case of Coronavirus was in Chicago of a woman who arrived from Wuhan.

There's no such thing as first case or patient zero in US or Europe.

It's most likely the virus entered the US and every country in Europe from many spots, not just one person.

Coronavirus quickly spread around the world starting late last year, new genetic analysis shows

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/05/health/genetics-coronavirus-spread-study/index.html

They also found genetic evidence that supports suspicions the virus was infecting people in Europe, the US and elsewhere weeks or even months before the first official cases were reported in January and February. It will be impossible to find the "first" patient in any country, Balloux said.

"All these ideas about trying to find a Patient Zero are pointless because there are so many patient zeros," he said.

•••
There's no such thing as first case or patient zero in US or Europe.

It's most likely the virus entered the US and every country in Europe from many spots, not just one person.

Coronavirus quickly spread around the world starting late last year, new genetic analysis shows

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/05/health/genetics-coronavirus-spread-study/index.html

They also found genetic evidence that supports suspicions the virus was infecting people in Europe, the US and elsewhere weeks or even months before the first official cases were reported in January and February. It will be impossible to find the "first" patient in any country, Balloux said.

"All these ideas about trying to find a Patient Zero are pointless because there are so many patient zeros," he said.

agreed. but still money is very dirty. I'm officially a money launderer. literally. lol

•••
agreed. but still money is very dirty.
I totally agree. Cash is one of the most dirty things that everybody touch.
Now it's totally recommended to pay by card, and if it's by contactless payment, the best.
No button touch and also don't let the grocery store worker touch your card.

Last edited:
•••
I totally agree. Cash is one of the most dirty things that everybody touch.
Now it's totally recommended to pay by card, and if it's by contactless payment, the best.
No button touch and also don't let the grocery store worker touch your card.

yea exactly!

how stupid is it to use your card yea in the end you have to punch a pin code? those stupid keypads covered by plastic on the keys? who the hell are they trying to protect? the keypad from getting coronavirus? lol

it doesn't help us the customer because the person before or after me or could have Corona.

Same thing with anyplace where you order food from.

The person handling food should only handle food and not juggle tasks between cooking your food and handling cash.

should really only be one person cooking and one handling money and taking phone orders.no one touching money should be making and be putting the food in containers and putting it in the bag.

at worst the only thing the money handler cash register person should touch is the handle of the bag to hand it over to us.

That's why I always reheat all order food in the microwave. container and all. that's where styrofoam is no good. has to be plastic.

•••
Been way busy last 24 hours...hope to get a break later today.

Current Covid19 death numbers as of 10:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). Please copy and place the list to correct any wrong numbers and/or to add your country of origin.

Total: 266,076
US: 74,947
UK: 30,076
France: 25,809
Spain: 26,070
AU: 97
Italy: 29,684
Canada: 4,232
Brazil: 8,605
Indonesia: 930
India: 1,787
Japan: 556
Mexico: 2,704
Netherlands: 5,288

•••
That's why I always reheat all order food in the microwave. container and all. that's where styrofoam is no good. has to be plastic.

For delivery food, what we do is to (a) not order very often, maybe once every other week to support our local restaurants, (b) have them leave it outside of the door, (c) do not order any cold items, (d) immediately transfer the food from the containers to microwavable plates or bowls, (e) dispose of the containers, and (f) microwave the food.

Forty-five seconds is fine in a normal 1000W oven.

This study is interesting. In the management of chicken farms, to monitor for various avian viruses including types of coronaviruses, it is common to take samples from the chickens and mail those samples to labs for testing. In order to reduce the risk of sending live virus samples through the mail, the researchers wanted to find out if microwaving the samples would kill the viruses, but leave enough intact DNA for testing:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0307945042000205874

Now, look, if you don't understand what things can and cannot go into a microwave oven and why, then I would not recommend that you start indiscriminately putting things in the microwave. Obviously, things with metal parts are not good. There have been people putting masks in the microwave oven, not realizing that the metal nose clip will cause a fire, and so now there are these blanket "don't put thing in the microwave oven" warnings, because people in general are too dumb to know what can and can't go into a microwave oven.

Likewise, if you are going to be putting, say, your mail into the microwave oven, then things with metal parts, like staples, are obviously going to cause problems; and so will credit cards and other non-paper items and some kinds of plastics.

•••
Some people say they were staying at home, but forgot to say when they went to the park with friends, or when they went to the market without mask and gloves... just wondering a few situations.

Yes, those numbers were useless. "Staying home" in a high-rise, high-density apartment building, while going out to the store, walking the dog, etc., is a fairly meaningless measure of anything. The question seems geared to "where have you been spending most of your time" and not "what have you been up to and where have you been."

•••
•••
Virus Found in Semen of COVID-19 Survivors

Traces of the COVID-19 coronavirus have been found in the semen of some severely infected men, raising the possibility that the virus might be sexually transmitted, a new study from China claims.

Researchers found evidence of the virus in six men out of a group of 38 COVID-19 patients at Shangqiu Municipal Hospital in China who provided samples.

The six men included four who were still infected and two who were recovering, the researchers said.

However, Berglund and infectious disease experts warn that this does not constitute concrete evidence that COVID-19 can be sexually transmitted.

"I think that's premature," Berglund said. "You have to look at this as a sign that semen, as along with a number of other body fluids, can contain the virus."

•••
Traces of the COVID-19 coronavirus have been found in the semen of some severely infected men

They said it’s easy to detect, because it changes the taste. So if someone’s semen doesn’t taste right, then don’t go near them.

•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 10:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). Please copy and place the list to correct any wrong numbers and/or to add your country of origin.

Total: 271,725
US: 76,998
UK: 30,615
France: 25,987
Spain: 26,299
Italy: 29,958
Canada: 4,408
Brazil: 9,265
Indonesia: 943
India: 1,899
Japan: 577
Mexico: 2,961
Netherlands: 5,359

•••
Infections in odd places where you can't do contact tracing has to have happened via cash. dirty filthy cash.

I too have washed cash before...I do not use crypto and will resist until it becomes required (probably not too distant future) The stigma of 'crypto' for many will be removed by the issuing/backing governments. Although I saw a study being done recently, I cant find the results quickly but they expected to find many more live bugs on the buttons of payment keypads than on cash...lots of drug residue on cash but not a great deal of virus after a period of time.

•••
Some people say they were staying at home, but forgot to say when they went to the park with friends, or when they went to the market without mask and gloves... just wondering a few situations.

I imagine a lot of the spread in densely populated areas is happening in elevators. The buttons are filled with the deposits of many individuals...I use a knuckle when pressing buttons rather than a fingertip in case I forget and touch my face or rub my eyes.

The air in the average elevator can be a problem as well if it is not ventilated. If they are actively ventilated, the air is pulled up into the shaft and gets swirled around. In the top notch elevators, they have HEPA and electrostatic cleaners but those can be rare.

•••
They said it’s easy to detect, because it changes the taste. So if someone’s semen doesn’t taste right, then don’t go near them.
LMAO... You win the internet today Mr. Berryhill!

•••

Coronavirus Debunked by Biochemistry

•••
I imagine a lot of the spread in densely populated areas is happening in elevators. The buttons are filled with the deposits of many individuals...I use a knuckle when pressing buttons rather than a fingertip in case I forget and touch my face or rub my eyes.

The air in the average elevator can be a problem as well if it is not ventilated. If they are actively ventilated, the air is pulled up into the shaft and gets swirled around. In the top notch elevators, they have HEPA and electrostatic cleaners but those can be rare.

Elevators must be avoided as much as possible. And everyday should be sanitized, the buttons, the door handle, etc.
Must be avoided because as you say, there's no good ventilation there, or very poor ventilation.
And of course, don't enter into the elevator if there's already another neighbour inside.
AND always go outside your appartment with mask (a good one with a good filter if possible) and gloves.
These little things are the difference between getting infected or not.

The knuckle better than the finger, but If you use a knuckle when pressing buttons, remember to not touch your eyes with that knuckle 5 minutes later... really difficult to do or to remember, so, better use gloves. (At least using gloves it's more easy to remember that you don't have to touch your face with the hand).

Last edited:
•••
Elevators must be avoided as much as possible. And everyday should be sanitized, the buttons, the door handle, etc.

I was thinking about whether it could make sense for communities to 'deputize' people in their area who might be interested in sanitizing things as they went about their day. Eg. Elevator buttons, railings, door handles, countertops, ...... . People coming after might get a bit of residue from it, as well, that could help them keep hands disinfected.

•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 9:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). Please copy and place the list to correct any wrong numbers and/or to add your country of origin.

Total: 276,884
US: 78,622
UK: 31,241
France: 26,230
Spain: 26,478
Italy: 30,201
Canada: 4,569
Brazil: 10,017
Indonesia: 959
India: 1,990
Japan: 590
Mexico: 3,160
Netherlands: 5,422

•••
•••
•••

Coronavirus Debunked by Biochemistry

Interesting video, I believe there is a grain of truth to the argument - the virus needs an 'unhealthy' host, but how does that explain front line workers' contracting the virus...due to a lack of internal biochemical PPE?

•••
Interesting video, I believe there is a grain of truth to the argument - the virus needs an 'unhealthy' host, but how does that explain front line workers' contracting the virus...due to a lack of internal biochemical PPE?

Now we could get into a discussion of subtle energy, qi.....my kind of Doctor talk...
especially "Wei Qi" (Protective Qi)

and...
Mirror Neurons
Electromagnetism

and the obvious one
Potassium salts....

For now...

We can stick to the Western paradigm (flawed germ theory and billiard ball particle science et al) we understand the testing is flawed from the get go for this situation.

Finding exosomes with markers that resemble the RNA found in the original tests of a few people in Wuhan does not show authentic evidence for these tests to mean anything useful because we are merely viewing common genetic markers - not an actual virus.

The mainstream common dialogue and knowledge about viruses make viruses seem like something we "catch" but the fact is that trillions of viruses already are within our microbiome.

If we are not full of toxins like say - people who have ingested the STANDARD AMERICAN DIET for decades usually are....We are less susceptible to chronic and acute stressors.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back