Domain Empire

question Coupon vs. Coupons? For a .com domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Geminorum

Impact
Hello everyone,

I want to buy an domain name for online shopping coupon or promo codes website. And I have two questions:

1. Coupon and Coupons, which is better?
For example,
ProCoupon.com or ProCoupons.com?
FreeCoupon.com or FreeCoupons.com?
I am a little confused. Because menta tags title of most coupon site in "Coupons", but I see keywords "Coupon" is more populare than "Coupons" in Google Trends.

2. Should I put the other word in the domain name befor or after Coupon/Coupons?
For example,
AlienCoupon.com or CouponAlien.com
After searching the keywords "coupon" the results in the first page are more like these:
couponmom.com
couponcabin.com
Does this mean domian names like AlienCoupon.com & PremiumCoupon not make sense?

Thanks so much

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would vote for freeCoupons against freecCoupon. ProCoupons is a bit better than proCoupon, but not so much as the free pair.
If you put the coupon first, then it’s sonething like couponNation, couponSea.
I think alienCoupon could be equal to alienCoupons.

•••
Generally speaking, this orientation works best:

Keyword+Coupons.com
Coupon+Keyword.com

If you want your term to come after the keyword, it's also worth considering if you're a coupon brand or a coupon service.

A coupon brand, for example, should opt for "FreshCoupon.com". A coupon service, on the other hand, should opt for "FreshCoupons.com".

•••
Generally speaking, this orientation works best:

Keyword+Coupons.com
Coupon+Keyword.com

If you want your term to come after the keyword, it's also worth considering if you're a coupon brand or a coupon service.

A coupon brand, for example, should opt for "FreshCoupon.com". A coupon service, on the other hand, should opt for "FreshCoupons.com".

Very easy to understand and helpful for me. Thanks very much!

•••
Use brandable 1word or short domains... and forget about these combinations.

p.s. And "Pro" is not necessary to prepend - because .PRO gTLD exists since 2004.

Last edited:
•••
i prefer non plural

the placement of coupon before or after a word is dependent on the other word - some work best before and some work best after.

ie: Color + Coupon works better than coupon + colour,

but 'Coupon Bin' works better than 'Bin Coupon'

hope that helps :)

•••
Singular is Coupon is the first word(CouponKing)

Plural if coupon is the second word (FreeCoupons)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back