IT.COM

question Cosplay.. is this a Niche about to explode or a slow burner?

NameSilo
Watch

Somertonian

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,
I read a few articles about 6 months ago that reckoned the 'Cosplay' scene would grow big in 2019. i hand registered a couple of dot com's:

cosplaybeginners

cosplaybasics

What are your thoughts on the Cosplay niche and my names?

As usual, many thanks to all members that read my thread and especially those that choose to reply.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sold CosplayShoes.com for $2500 this year

•••
•••
Finger trouble on the keyboard! I was going to ask if the negotiation was straightforward or not?

Kind regards,
Somertonian

•••
•••
Cosplay has been going on a long time. Not something new. That being said there was one good sale reported to NamBio this year.

https://namebio.com/?s==AjN1QjN3kTM
karmaco,
Thanks for the reply and the link. Cosplaycostumes.com is a good name so I can understand the sale. I think my names will command mid range 3 figures at best.

Kind regards,
Somertonian

•••
I was going to ask if the negotiation was straightforward or not?

Just a normal end user inquiry on its landing page. Nothing too special.

•••
Its always been there, it just never really takes off cuz the barrier to entry is to high for mainstream culture.

Last edited:
•••
Just saw that cosplay.se sold for 4544 SEK (500 USD) at an auction at www.tradera.se

•••
•••
It is old not new, the liklihood of people in that industry being interested in anything but the very best names is looooow.

•••
Heh,
I wonder if there's a play doing volume for low XXX. There are an unreal amount of people with large social media followings in this niche. There's an awful lot of easy to get a hold of prospects to market to.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back