Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBELL

DNOA Founding MemberTop Member
Impact
Prize will be $50. - USD paid via PayPal

- - - I might also select a 2nd place winner for a prize of $25. USD - paid via PayPal
(see terms below)

there will be at least 5 other contests coming very soon.... so if this one doesn't suit you or you don't have time to enter this one... be sure to check back - or PM me for information on future contests - with links to your portfolio or online samples...

Contest
Starts: Sunday 7-30-06
runs 8 days...
Ends: Monday August 7th, 2006

Feedback will be left ONCE per day - in the THREAD - for ALL the entires for that day...

The designs that you submit must be your own work, unique and exclusive.

Entries must be watermarked...

Entries must be posted within the CONTEST THREAD

I reserve the right to NOT pick a winner IF:
there are no designs that I like enough to use...
I am sure that enough designers that do GREAT work will enter - so there should not be a problem picking a winner... in the event there are no suitable designs within the contest period - I reserve the right to extend the contest dates... I want to pick a winner... I want there to be a winner... I want a design I like enough to actually USE... (smile)

In the event there isn't a design I like enough to use - I will send each person that entered designs 200 NP$ as a thank you for trying...

Two winners might be chose - and if so - that 2nd place winner will receive $25. USD
- - - just depends on the entries...

NOTE: the 2nd place winner is not obligated to turn their design over to me for the second place price of $25. USD - if they choose not to for whatever reason - an alternate 2nd place winner may or may not be selected...

What I am looking for:
I am looking for somehting to use as a brandable logo for :

P-i-l-g-r-i-m-M-e-d-i-a.c-o-m

(without all the hyphens)

and

P-i-l-g-r-i-m--M-e-d-i-a.c-o-m

(the version with one hypen between the two words)

I'd like to see some harvest related colors used ...
and possibly something pilgrim theme related

NOT exclusively requiring these colors or a pilgrim in design - I would like to see what that might look like though...

However the winning design could very well be on not even in harvest colors... nor having a pilgrim in the design...

I need the end product to be in the following formats:
Vector .jpg .gif

You may enter even if you don't design in Vector... and you need to state in your post with your entry what formats you are able to provide the finished product in...

Winner will be paid via PayPal - BEFORE the designs are turned over to me in the finished un-watermarked format...

However - everything you post in the contest - online - MUST be watermarked... and - if I should request it - the winning designs may be required (by me) to be removed from the contest thread - after the contest ends...

If you are chosen as one of the Category Winners, I receive FULL Rights to the design(s) – the unique and exclusive rights - and you can NEVER display or sell them again. You may not mention the URL or Domain Name in any future manner that would be picked up by a search engine or any other media... I want my privacy protected...

The designs that you submit must be your own work, unique and exclusive.

Consider your entry into this contest as your agreement to all the terms above...

Good Luck to Everyone...

I look forward to working with you on future projects...

Ready... Set... GO !!!!!

~DomainBeLL (Patricia)

- - - note there was a slight editing - for appearnce preferences done on this post - PRIOR to any ENTRIES....

- - - - UPDATED: 8-3-06

I have decided against using any graphics depicting pilgrims...
no corn... no pilgrims... nothing pilgrim related...

and further on into the thread on page 3 - - - there are some links I included to samples of colors and fonts and things I've seen that caught my eye - so you can get more of an idea of what I am looking for....

I also sent some NP$ to every designer that jumped on board early on pages 1 and 2...

and at the end of the contest - after I pick a winner --- any NEW designers that enter at two or more designs - from page 3 on - will be getting a special treat - as a thank you from me at the end...

show me your talent... and have FUN....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the feedback :) Here is another entry.

pilgrimlogo3final.gif

Any suggestions?

•••
Hi again Patricia, here are some revisions based on your feedback ...

17ebd54b92.jpg

More feedback appreciated :)

•••
jonainmi said:
i figured i would give it a shot, so here you go (i personaly like the first one better)

reminder, 100% Vector, everything can change

Let me know what you think

hi jonainmi,

thank you for entering the contest...

the designs you submitted didn't follow the updated rules and request of the contest...

but thank you for the efforts anyhoo...

~DomainBeLL (Patricia)
===============================================================

guetizo said:
Hi Patricia,

Here's my entry.
Need to explain the concept... or "you make it happen" is enough? :D

originall_pilgrim.png

Feedback is appreciated.

hi guetizo,

thank you for entering again... this won't work for this project...
but I appreciate that you entered...
I love the little dragonfly for something maybe in the future...
save that... in case I come back sometime and request you add it to some thing for me on a future project...

I haven't picked a winner yet... the contest Ends: Monday August 7th, 2006

so far though in the top 4 are:
Will7
TheDoc
Patrick

there's still plenty of time for other entries... nothing has been finalized yet...

and even those three mentioned above will need tweaking and some minor adj. in sizes I'll need etc...

if possible... once the winner is chosen...
I would like to have a coordinatin favicon with it...
if someone knows how to do that...

thank you for your entries...

- - - other contest I will run in the future are:

1. fireman - firehouse related

2. pizza related

3. landscape (outdoor landscape) and water feature related

4. tiger mascot - school related - colors white / black / orange

5. jewelry / diamond related

6. retirement / elderly / senior and health related

~DomainBeLL (Patricia)

- - - - - a winner has NOT yet been selected - - - - -

ENTRIES are still welcome....

•••
P|A|T|R|I|C|K said:
Here they are. Feedback appreciated.

pilgrim59gt2.jpg

pilgrim591nr8.jpg

pilgrim592qb1.jpg

pilgrim593qu1.jpg

hi patrick...

thank you for the additional entries...
for this contest I am leaning towards POST #77 will7 and POST #76 TheDoc....
(both still need tweaks)

there's still 3 more days of the contest left...

specifically on yours here in POST #75
if you want suggestions try other fonts and icons...
(if you still have the energy too... )
you do good work... it's just that 77 and 76 have caught my eye (so far)

thank you...

~DomainBeLL (Patricia)
==============================================================

TheDoc said:
Thanks for the feedback :) Here is another entry.

pilgrimlogo3final.gif

Any suggestions?

hi johnny...

so far it's down to you and will... there are still 3 days left to the contest...

your's needs other icon choices for me to look at...
to save you time... just do them on the maroon colored logo...
till we find the icon I like... I suggest trying at least 4+ other icons
to show to me...

thanks very much for your entries...

~DomainBeLL (Patricia)
========================================================

will7 said:
Hi again Patricia, here are some revisions based on your feedback ...

17ebd54b92.jpg

More feedback appreciated :)
hi will....

so far it's down to you and TheDoc...
there are still 3 days left to the contest though...

I sent you a PM about some other things... and some instructions...

I look forward to seeing the alterations...

thank you... (smile)

~DomainBeLL (Patricia)
==========================================================

- - - - - a winner has NOT yet been selected - - - - -

ENTRIES are still welcome....

Last edited:
•••
It seems like you're near on choosing your winner. Hoepfully that contest left between the two, I can take part in. :P

Here's a few that I worked on today. May not be as good as the two above, but some feedback would be appreciated so my skills improve.

Enjoying the contest so far! :)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k238/blindweaver/logo3.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k238/blindweaver/logo4.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k238/blindweaver/logo5.jpg
Deleted for various reasons.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
•••
I know i said last time it was my last entry but hey. Here's another shot from me.

Thank you

Sin

•••
hello, here are my tries, feedback welcomed, thank you!

Last edited:
•••
I decided to have another go with a fresh idea.

Orange symbol:
pilgrimmediahorangeyy5.jpg

Plum symbol:
pilgrimmediahplumfn3.jpg

Feedback please.

•••
Again, thanks for the feedback. Here is my latest entry :)

pilgrimlogo4final.gif

Anything you want changed?

•••
Hi,

One thing: How come Will and Static have the same icon?

Didn't the client asked for your own, unique exclusive design. Why are you - not all - using dingats?

That's why in 5 or 10mins the "logo design" is made...
Humpf!...

Last edited:
•••
:) guetizo you are right, people using dingis end up with same logo, (i used dingis myself, sometimes... not often... :red:

•••
guetizo said:
One thing: How come Will and Static have the same icon?

Noticed that, didn't know they were dingbats.

•••
Hi Patricia,

Another effort.

originall2_pilgrim.png

Feedback is appreciated.

•••
This has been sorted out between me and the client. Firstly, the icon is one from Photoshop which are royalty-free and can be used for any purpose. Secondly, I actually intended to change the icon and replace it with a custom made shape, but the client fell in love with it so much that s/he decided it was OK to just use that one. I only really used it just to see if this was the style the client was looking for and suppose I should have really posted this in the thread.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to other designers/ the client and really hope this incident does not damage or diminish the current reputation I feel I have and try to uphold on Namepros.

Thanks again,

Will.

•••
Will,

No harm done to anyone or to your reputation. Believe me.
Oherwise if anybody is having any doubts just check Will's reputation/trader ratings and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The rest I will PM'you.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, that icon is one that is actually avaliable from Photoshop CS2 (and I believe the older versions). But because the icon is avaliable in vector, it could also be easily changed.

I'd also like to apologize as I did not check through all the submissions to see if there were any duplicates.

Not to forget to mention, the usage of a royalty free icon was a bad idea.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
•••
Here's another shot at it. Feedback appreciated.

pilgrim61cy6.jpg

pilgrim6im0.jpg

pilgrim62fd9.jpg

•••
Here's my try...a little late :) These are vector.

pilgrimmedia1gif.gif

pilgrimmedia2gif.gif

pilgrimmedia3gif.gif

•••
Hello Patricia...here's an idea...thx

pi.png

•••
First a message to everyone and then some feedback below for the designs submitted
between post # 79 - and - # 95

I understand how a designer feels when they see someone else using a dingbat (is that what they are called... I never knew that)... but in this particular instance - I wholeheartedly believe that Will7 was just using that as an example... and instead of me letting him change it to something custom I told him I LOVED that particular one... I hadn't considered that if I end up using that one - that it will be like other sites... since it is a generic item in a graphics program... but... I can't help it... I like it... so whether Will7 ends up winning this contest or not - or whether I have him design something else on another project and use that dingbat-thingie - - - I know that somewhere down the line - that will be used by me - somehow - on a project somewhere incorporating a paid design between Will7 and I...

I have NOT yet chosen a winner for this contest...

this contest runs through and includes - Monday - Aug. 7, 2006

I want any other contest holder (designer - or NP member etc) - reading this to KNOW
that I am HAPPY with ALL the designers that have entered this contest so far...
I have no problem recommending any of them for your future design projects...

and since a few posts ago - it seemed that Will7's reputation was being sort of questioned...
I want to say this - - - - Will7 was working with ME - to make ME happy and I am the
one that WANTED him to continue to USE the dingbat thingie INSTEAD of replacing tha
placeholder with something custom... thank you Will7 - your reputation is SAFE...
don't worry... I can't guarantee you will win this contest - you are in the Top 3 though...
and I know that you and I will work on some future projects together as will I and a couple
other designers in this contest...

I do appreciate everyone's efforts...

- - - - now for the FEEDBACK on the designs entered between post # 79 - and - # 95

Static - - - Post # 80 - - - thanks for trying again - you do nice work - still haven't outplaced my TOP 3 faves - BELOW
but I still want to give you feedback... of the three you submitted in Post # 80 - the one I liked the best of those was:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k238/blindweaver/logo3.jpg

koncepts - - - Post # 81 - - - I hope you did get to enter again before the Contest closed at the end of the day on Monday - Aug. 7th, 2006
I will be Announcing a Winner on Tuesday - 8-8-06 - - - and if a few days after that - I will be announcing another contest...

Sinfully Wicked - - - Post # 82 - - - Well now... I didn't think you were going to be back... Thank you for entering again... (smile)
- you do nice work - still haven't outplaced my TOP 3 faves (designs) - BELOW (but THANK you...)

blue-rain - - - Post # 83 - - - nice work... hasn't outplaced my current TOP 3 - but still nice... but I still want to give you feedback... of the three you subnitted in Post # 83 - the one I liked the best of those was:
well as far as your fonts - the first one - and as far as icons - the third - because of the added colors...

yule - - - Post # 84 - - - nice work... hasn't outplaced my current TOP 3 - but still nice...
oh and yule... of the one's you've submitted so far - the color on these were the best - - - and I love the font...
can you PM me the name of that font... I have a simple side project for a banner for DomainBell.com
for $5. if you want to created that on a transparent background with the font in this one...
- - - if you want to do that for $5. - - -
show it to me in the plum and green as you have here - those colors on transparent with the Domain name DomainBell.com

TheDoc - - - Post # 85 - - - nice work... You are in the TOP 3 - - - the design in this post
that has you in that spot - of the 4 in post 85 - my fave is # 2

guetizo - - - Post # 89 - - - nice work... hasn't outplaced my current TOP 3 - but still nice...
the font, colors and icon aren't grabbing me for this project... but you do super good work... thank you...

Patrick- - - Post # 93
- - - nice work... hasn't outplaced my current TOP 3 - but still nice...
but I still want to give you feedback... of the three you subnitted in Post # 83 - the one I liked the best of those was:
the font in the thrid one... what was the name of that FONT - can you PM it to me....

jackieh1791- - - Post # 94 - - - nice work...
I am so pleased you made your way here to enter this contest... I've always liked your work...
you are in the TOP 6 - for potentially winning this one...
of the three you submitted I like the first two best...
I was wondering though... could you do them - with those same 2 fonts - and NOT have the purple circles in the background... and try some sort of little icon design at the beginning... can I see a choice like that please...

umxca - - - Post # 95 - - - nice work...
that's nice... that placed you among the TOP 6 for winning this one...
would you like to try something totally different to have a chance to move into the TOP 3 ??
You do excellent work... thank you for entering...

- - -okay - - -

Here's where we all stand:

I have NOT yet selected a winner...

Everyone still has time to enter or try again...

Contest Ends at Midnight (USA-Ohio time) - - - on - - - Monday - - - August 7, 2006

On Tuesday 8-8-06 I will announce the winner and send the PayPal

Note the winning design may still need some tweaks to my statisfaction... and be created in various sizes and formats for my needs as part of the contest and I may request a favicon be created (if you don't know how to make a favicon - don't worry - I'll have someone else create that part)

The Winner will be required to supply the end design in BOTH domain names as mentioned in the ORIGINAL - Contest RULES...
(no need to worry about that - during the creation and selection process... only the winner will need to create the final design in BOTH domain names)

as I type this it's early early Saturday morning and we still have over 48 hours left in the contest...

so far the TOP 6 (in no particular order) - are:
jackieh1791
Will7
TheDoc
Sinfully Wicked
koncepts
umxca

there are several designers in this contest that I hope to do projects with along the way as I develop other web ventures...

I appreciate all your efforts...

Message to EVERYONE:
I have NOT yet selected a winner... You still have a chance...
and there's plenty of time to submit something else...

DomainBeLL (Miss Patricia)

Last edited:
•••
•••
See, this is why I love Namepros so much. The community is just so fantastic. Thank you so much for all being so understanding during this contest :)

•••
I agree Will.
Just for the record.
Never questioned Will's reputation.
Will and I are the most reputables designers in this board.
Will and I are long time buddies, we often exchange ideas, thoughts in MSN Messenger and a lot more.

•••
Sorry will and Static for my comments :td:

And thanks for the feedback Patricia.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back