IT.COM

Constantly Needing Code after Code after Code just to Browse GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I seem to be locked into a never-ending cycle of Security Codes to login/relogin at GoDaddy, and when I time out, I need to get another Security Code, then another Security Code, then another Security Code, rinse and repeat. It's insanity.

Is this is a new "Security Feature" at GoDaddy or am I just incredibly unlucky? Either way it's incredibly irritating and if I already entered a Security Code in during the session, why the hell does a timeout incur yet another Security Code request?

I think something is very wrong here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Change your browser.

It works fine for me.

•••
I think the problem is that I rebooted my router and that set off GD's authorization system, but it doesn't seem to recognize that I've already authorized this new IP.

It's likely due to it being the weekend, where only a skeleton staff is there to handle the systems. It will probably work fine on Monday.

•••
I think the problem is that I rebooted my router and that set off GD's authorization system, but it doesn't seem to recognize that I've already authorized this new IP.

It's likely due to it being the weekend, where only a skeleton staff is there to handle the systems. It will probably work fine on Monday.
Why do you even use that?

Set up 2FA and Google Authenticator or similar and that's it.

•••
Why do you even use that?
Use what? It's the default security from GoDaddy the first time you log in from a new IP. The problem is that's it not working and makes me enter in a code each time, after I've verified like 60 times. Essentially I have 2FA without even enabling it. :xf.grin:

If I enabled standard 2FA I would need to enter in a code each time, right? That's what I don't want to do.

Also I don't keep many domains at GD and the account is primarily for selling (and sometimes buying) domains, so I'm not that adamant about 2FA security.

Last edited:
•••
Still a major problem on Monday at lunch - called GD and there may be problems with Chrome-based browsers (though Firefox didn't work either) and although second-level support was brought in, no resolution was reached.

Rebooted modem again just in case I had a flagged IP, refreshed my DNS, tried logging in from multiple laptops/desktops/phones... but nada and it's most likely an issue with the GD authentication system not marking my IP/system as valid.

This is screwed up. >:(

Last edited:
•••
This started happening to me yesterday and no matter what browser I try, it keeps doing it. Its very annoying!

•••
•••
Thanks guys, it feel better knowing I'm not the only one, and that it might actually get fixed.

•••
The login problem just might be fixed as just I've closed down and re-logged in twice without the need for a code...

Can anyone else who was having problems confirm?

Last edited:
•••
I tried a couple times, one time it asked me and another it didn't. We'll see how it goes though the day.

•••
•••
Yeah, it's starting to hit me this afternoon. Damn it's irritating to have to do this each time I get an offer or inquiry or just want to check out my account.

Last edited:
•••
It's amazing how such a big company can so frequently be incompetent. Hate them so much!

•••
Anybody else dealing with this again? Been about the last week or so. Is there a way to stop it? Thanks.

•••
It just seems to come and go, and it's impossible to report to GD Support as they somehow think it's something you're doing.

•••
I seem to be locked into a never-ending cycle of Security Codes to login/relogin at GoDaddy, and when I time out, I need to get another Security Code, then another Security Code, then another Security Code, rinse and repeat. It's insanity.

Is this is a new "Security Feature" at GoDaddy or am I just incredibly unlucky? Either way it's incredibly irritating and if I already entered a Security Code in during the session, why the hell does a timeout incur yet another Security Code request?
Hi
I think something is very wrong here.

I mentioned this issue before in Below link

https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-6-digit-code-security.1295404/

Last edited:
•••
The "login loop" problem is back and I've received several domain offers to respond to, but I refuse to keep entering these &%$#*@ codes every time I log in.

I know exactly how it happens now, as we had a power outage last night where the modem shut down. Upon getting power back, GD requested a "code to authorize you at a new location" (par for the course) but it never authorizes and I must have put in 50 codes today with zero effect.

And again, I have 2FA off, and this is just the standard 1-time "must get code to authorize new IP" request.

I just got off an hour-long GD tech support call (mostly on hold) that ended up with a hang-up/dial tone and no resolution. Great, just great.

Someone at GD needs to fix this "new IP" login bug permanently.

1689211175224.png

Last edited:
•••
This constant "Need to Input a Code 'For a New IP Location' Every Single Time I Login" bug is a truly special type of mess that GoDaddy welcomes me to every month or two. Why can't they permanently fix this?

And it always crops up when I happen to have pending domain negotiations/offers that I have to respond to.

1693859913779.png

Last edited:
•••
@James Iles

This is quickly becoming unbearable, as every 1-1.5 months when this happens I have to sit on the phone for an hour with GD Support with someone totally unfamiliar with this recurring problem. And as has been made clear on the NP forums, it's not just me running up against this "cannot authorize" brick wall.

Every time my modem cycles to a new IP (which is every month or so) the GD system cannot authorize my "one-time code for a new IP/location" and I am forced to waste an hour+ of my time trying to get a CSR to understand what is happening and finally send a ticket to IP for them to fix it.

I asked her to look up my Support History for help, as this happens every 1-1.5 months like clockwork, but apparently this history only goes back 30 days - that's just greeeeeeaaaaaat!

•••
I was on the phone with GD for about 3 hours today and nothing they did worked and I'm still stuck in an authorization loop.

I guess I just ignore all GD offers and negotiations until they grow so expansive that it makes going into "The Loop" worthwhile. What a joke.

•••
Still stuck in the The Loop and I am now thinking GD Support just told me "they had fixed it and authorized my IP/Account" to get rid of me, as absolutely nothing got solved.

All the other times this happened it was fixed within a few hours, but this time I keep running up against GD hammerheads who have absolutely no idea of what the problem is or how to fix it.

i.e. they put me on hold for an hour and then come back and ask me "if I have 2FA enabled" (I already told them I never had 2FA at the very start of the conversation and they can see my account). then they go away for another 30 minutes, come back and ask "when did I disable 2FA".... O_o

I guess I'll call GD again today and waste few more hours of my life.

Last edited:
•••
Halleluiah, I'm finally out of the The Loop!

Hope anyone else caught in there made it out alright too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back