domain consignmnt.com - please appraise

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumey 27

Established Member
Impact
How do you reckon typo name average values compare to the real thing? 10% - 5% - less? - more?
For example - consignment.com recently sold for 34k - consignmnt.com?
penis.com sold for 110k - penisis.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Typos really only have value if the real spelling has a lot of traffic and the typo version can make money via parking. Yes consignment.com sold for a lot but it is currently parked, so I can't judge its traffic. For example, facebook gets millions of hits per day, so owning facebok.com or facbook.com makes a lot of sense. Your best bet is to park your version and hope for some parking traffic and revenue. If not, then it most likely has little to no value. Best of luck.

•••
I agree with Finder

I was looking at oogle.com this past week and man that guy is getting 420,000 uniques a month. He wants a quarter $1M tho. Definitively an investment ...

As for you're typo I would park it ... I'd expect less then half the traffic of what consignment is getting ... With that being said I'll value you're domain at XX - XXX

Same for Penisis ...

•••
G'day Allesandro and thanks for the clear feedback. As a new bloke at this I'm trying to suck in as much info as I can before I blow too much of my hard earned beer money on buying names. Now I understand what typo names need to have any value.
What about long English pronounced Chinese number names - eg. YiErSanSiWuLiuQiBaJiu.com (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9) - the rule seems to be as short as possible but these have been bought by somebody - any value?
What about Roman numerals - eg. DXXVII.com (527 probably a bad example) - any relevance or value in them?
I appreciate your comments.

•••
Typos really only have value if the real spelling has a lot of traffic and the typo version can make money via parking. Yes consignment.com sold for a lot but it is currently parked, so I can't judge its traffic. For example, facebook gets millions of hits per day, so owning facebok.com or facbook.com makes a lot of sense. Your best bet is to park your version and hope for some parking traffic and revenue. If not, then it most likely has little to no value. Best of luck.

G'day Finder17 and thanks for the clear feedback. As a new bloke at this I'm trying to suck in as much info as I can before I blow too much of my hard earned beer money on buying names. Now I understand what typo names need to have any value.

What about long English pronounced Chinese number names - eg. YiErSanSiWuLiuQiBaJiu.com (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9) - the rule seems to be as short as possible but these have been bought by somebody - any value?

What about Roman numerals - eg. DXXVII.com (527 probably a bad example) - any relevance or value in them?
I appreciate your comments.

•••
Well since consignment.com only has a landing page and get basically little traffic, for a typo like this I would say reg fee to maybe mid $xx.

•••
G,day affable,
I reckon you're on the money! It's probably a Reg / Neutral return. Worst case, I lose some cash, best case, I break even? I want to learn how this whole thing works, so I'm ok with losing a few bob on a site now and then. I'm really enjoying checking out how this whole thing operates. Learning all the time is good!
Thanks. Wayne.

•••
G,day Plumey,
Hey, as long as you don't go buying hundreds without checking into it first then you are way better than many. Lots of people who get started in domains go out and reg tons of new names and loose hundreds before they find out it was wasted money. A few here and there can just bee looked at as payment for learning. This of yours is way better than many typo's I have see, even from experienced domainers. ;)

Enjoy your weekend my friend. :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back