Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonca

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

Could you please appraise our new domain name. 3K.NET

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
$210 to $975 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's hard to put a price on a domain that really doesn't have a 'defined' home. There was a heyday for these types of super-short domains in .net but that was probably over 15 years ago, when memorability was paramount and everyone wanted a piece of the network pie. trouble with 3K it almost associates with 3G as a reference. (I appreciate it shouldn't)

Your buyer is going to be a chancer who just likes short domains. It's hard to see where that 3 plus K for K****** is going to come from. It seems a shame but I don't see where a $500+ buyer is going to come from either. Years ago It would have been snapped up just for the kudos of a ultra short email/web address.

The only thought that has slipped into my mind is a KKK member. that may raise many dollars more, possibly up to $3K just for its association. that would round things off nicely 3K for 3K

Last edited:
•••
More than 1.3 billion results for 3k indicate this is a NL domain with plenty of audience appeal.

Ultra short, while .net isn't exactly a dinosaur. I'd take a .net any day over .xyz and the like. Dot .net is popular in Germany so go check out 3k.de as your first targeted buyer.

I see you acquired it for $2,550 dollars last month. NameBio lists 19 NL .net domains that sold in the past 5 years for prices between $520 and $10,099 dollars (4k.net). The domain 3k.net sits at the bottom third of these sales, indicating that it has potential for end-user sales. You should be able to double your investment or more, with a bit of outbound sales effort. Good luck!

•••
More than 1.3 billion results for 3k indicate this is a NL domain with plenty of audience appeal.

Ultra short, while .net isn't exactly a dinosaur. I'd take a .net any day over .xyz and the like. Dot .net is popular in Germany so go check out 3k.de as your first targeted buyer.

I see you acquired it for $2,550 dollars last month. NameBio lists 19 NL .net domains that sold in the past 5 years for prices between $520 and $10,099 dollars (4k.net). The domain 3k.net sits at the bottom third of these sales, indicating that it has potential for end-user sales. You should be able to double your investment or more, with a bit of outbound sales effort. Good luck!
Thanks Acroplex

•••
It's hard to put a price on a domain that really doesn't have a 'defined' home. There was a heyday for these types of super-short domains in .net but that was probably over 15 years ago, when memorability was paramount and everyone wanted a piece of the network pie. trouble with 3K it almost associates with 3G as a reference. (I appreciate it shouldn't)

Your buyer is going to be a chancer who just likes short domains. It's hard to see where that 3 plus K for K****** is going to come from. It seems a shame but I don't see where a $500+ buyer is going to come from either. Years ago It would have been snapped up just for the kudos of a ultra short email/web address.

The only thought that has slipped into my mind is a KKK member. that may raise many dollars more, possibly up to $3K just for its association. that would round things off nicely 3K for 3K
Thanks Bailey

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back