IT.COM

discuss Connecting your Dots from Now to the day you started Domaining..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sumeeth

DomExpertTop Member
Impact
Guys there are so many domainers here at namepros or in other platforms in Domaining and few are successful and few are not.

Now when you look back to your Domaining career and connect all your dots, what is your feeling? What are your achievements? What is your turning point? What are your struggles? Please share your story as domainer when you look back now and recollect your domaining career!

Your journey will be an inspiration to many who are not been successful in Domaining! So guys please start connecting your dots and share!

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any experienced guys, please share your story.

•••
it all started way back 1999 with my very first w******.com.ph domain name, i used it to host my website offering web promotion and web design that sucks lol , then i decided to register a couple .com.ph, and yeah .ph and displayed it on my first domain .com.ph and someone bought it, that's not intentional since I just wanted to display it as my domains portfolio, no idea about domaining before, well anyways, then followed up with a .com i purchased like U.S.$70 for 2 years then i was able to let go for U.S.$100. then after ward a .net, then .org
then history... then i joined in namepros, improved from a hit and miss, to research, research and more research.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Now when you look back to your Domaining career and connect all your dots, what is your feeling? What are your achievements? What is your turning point? What are your struggles? Please share your story as domainer when you look back now and recollect your domaining career!
It was a tough long journey so far... Not easy at all, but now finally I feel great with my portfolio.
It wasn't cheap, I spent a lot of money, and lost money registering mega crappy domains when I started 3 years ago. I don't regret that money wasted, because it was the learning curve, and I learn the domaining lesson the hard way.
Don't let your mistakes bring you down and ignore all the comments from haters, just keep your hard work ahead and you will fin success soon or later!
Domainers don't need good luck, just Hard Work every single day, forget about holidays, vacations, weekends, this career demands time, money and patience...

•••
Nice one, am new and learning

•••
Thanks @OmarVG for your experience! Definitely it helps a lot to all of us!

•••
i think the key is patience and persistence.

I think most of us came with expectations of easy quick money.. in same manner we see 99% of domain newbies today join namepros showcasing worthless regs on their first day of domaining and then giving everyone crap when they say they are worth nothing...

but those among us (or the new ones today) who would soon understand domaining is exact opposite of quick and easy money, and who kept at it.. despite maybe initial loses and struggles.. would be the ones who eventually would have achieved some level of success. which does not always need to translate into profits or great profits.. as I personally consider wisdom and experience and knowledge gained to be priceless and beyond monetary value. of course the thing about experience and knowledge is that by its own nature and design it eventually does allow you make the right choices and that in turn does eventually translate into profits... versus loses.

I think its very important to realize that like with every undertaking in life.. we get out of it exactly what we put in... if we spend 3 hours of domaining a day (reading, learning, looking for names, expired, markets or whatever else}) we will have different results from someone who puts 3 hours per week into it etc..

jmo

cheers

•••
Thanks @alcy for sharing your experience!

Guys please share more stories of your as domainer ...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back