Dynadot

Confuse about domain age.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ramzan Ali

Established Member
Impact
I bought a deleted domain which have aprx 13 years old but when i list it on flippa its show only 1 day old domain. Why flippa shows 1 day old ? while i checked in who.is its age is aprx 13 years old..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On deleted domains, the domain age reverts back to 0. It's technically a brand new domain.

Last edited:
•••
Domain age is calculated based on how long domain is continuously registered. Any domain drop will reset domain age.

•••
Only way to buy the domain and have it keep the age is IF... you buy it at the registrar auction as an expiring domain. ie GoDaddy.

At that point you will just be the new owner and your expiration date is 1 year from the day the domain expired.... not when you actually bought it.

•••
I bought a deleted domain which have aprx 13 years old but when i list it on flippa its show only 1 day old domain. Why flippa shows 1 day old ? while i checked in who.is its age is aprx 13 years old..

Same thing happened to me. Domain registered constantly since 1999, but Flippa shows 5 years old.

•••
It seemed to reset when I purchased the domain, and transferred it away to my provider.

•••
"buying" a domain name means buying the lease from the current owner, or from the registrar before it is dropped. Once it is dropped, it is no longer available for purchase, but you have to take out a new lease which can be done with any registrar. This is called " registering a name".

•••
"buying" a domain name means buying the lease from the current owner, or from the registrar before it is dropped. Once it is dropped, it is no longer available for purchase, but you have to take out a new lease which can be done with any registrar. This is called " registering a name".

If i found a domain on Godaday which is available to register at fixed price it will old domain as who.is show it 10 years old or it will also mark as a new domain?

•••

This was bought directly from the owner and transferred to me. On transfer, it was reset.

•••
If i found a domain on Godaday which is available to register at fixed price it will old domain as who.is show it 10 years old or it will also mark as a new domain?

Auctions yes, but not a previously dropped domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back