Domain Empire

Comwired.com - Split your domain traffic and send to multiple locations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been expecting a service like this to arrive for several years.

It seems a little pricey, unless you really do end up making more $$$.

This would seem to work well for domains at Fabulous.com since they don't accept very much International traffic.

Any opinions?

http://comwired.com/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
So how this comwired splitting the traffic?

•••

Last edited:
•••
If you run your own VPS or dedicated server, this type of thing would be very easy to set up.

Point all you domains to your server then, modify this code: http://www.eyesis.ca/projects/iplookup.html to redirect your traffic from different countries to the relevant parking provider.

If you've set up the database and inported the ip to country CSV file, you could do something like this:

Code:
<?php 
require_once 'class.iplookup.php'; 

// Create DB connection 
$conn = mysql_connect('localhost', 'dbuser', 'pass'); 
mysql_select_db('dbname', $conn); 

$domain = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
$lookup = new IPLookup($conn); 
$country = $lookup->fetch($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']); 

if($country){
	switch($country['Country']){
		case 'UNITED STATES':
				header("location: http://usparkingprovider.com/?domain=".$domain);
		break;
		case 'UNITED KINGDOM':
				header("location: http://ukparkingprovider.com/?domain=".$domain);
		break;
		case 'AFGHANISTAN':
				header("location: http://afparkingprovider.com/?domain=".$domain);
		break;
		case 'ETC':
			//etc...
		break;
	}
}
else{
	//country not found, redirect domain elsewhere...
}
?>

Obviously there'd be a few things to tackle.. such as redirecting http://random-subdomain.domain.com/random_dir/ to execute the code, but with apache, you can easily do this sort of thing with an .htaccess file.

I guess you could do this on a shared hosting account if you have fairly low traffic domains, but uptime and bandwidth consumption might be a problem.

Cheers,
v5x

•••
Hi Guys!

Actually, the price is quite nice right now -- as of right now we are 100% free. All of our accounts are given trial credits so that you can switch a few of your domains over and see what happens. If you don't like the service then you can move away any time. Also, we don't require a credit card for signup so there is absolutely ZERO risk.

If anyone has any questions please let me know. We hope you enjoy this service and we are always looking for feedback. Feel free to contact us with any questions!

Regards!

Sean Stafford
sean (-@-) comwired.com

•••
ComWired said:
Hi Guys!

Actually, the price is quite nice right now -- as of right now we are 100% free. All of our accounts are given trial credits so that you can switch a few of your domains over and see what happens. If you don't like the service then you can move away any time. Also, we don't require a credit card for signup so there is absolutely ZERO risk.

If anyone has any questions please let me know. We hope you enjoy this service and we are always looking for feedback. Feel free to contact us with any questions!

Regards!

Sean Stafford
sean (-@-) comwired.com
You should also implement round-robbin DNS for those that don't necessarily want to split domestic from international traffic.

Many of us would love to be able to set up five parking companies, for example, to be able to distribute traffic to each so as to find out which one does the best.

Also, in this scenario, the ability to adjust percentages of traffic going to each parking company would help also.

Your service is useful......but this would add a whole new dimension and would probably be more desired than just splitting domestic from international traffic.

•••
This was very useful info Seabass..thanks. :)

ComWired, is it possible to split traffic on a blog? I mean, I would like to divert North American traffic from my blog to a parked page and retain "rest of the world" traffic on the blog itself. If this can be done, could you help me out with instructions on the same?

Thanks

•••
Seabass said:
You should also implement round-robbin DNS for those that don't necessarily want to split domestic from international traffic.

Many of us would love to be able to set up five parking companies, for example, to be able to distribute traffic to each so as to find out which one does the best.

Also, in this scenario, the ability to adjust percentages of traffic going to each parking company would help also.

Your service is useful......but this would add a whole new dimension and would probably be more desired than just splitting domestic from international traffic.

Hi Seabass,

You've read our mind. Stay tuned for some cool features I think you will enjoy. As we move forward you will see something that is very close to this.

Thank you!

Sean

Varon said:
This was very useful info Seabass..thanks. :)

ComWired, is it possible to split traffic on a blog? I mean, I would like to divert North American traffic from my blog to a parked page and retain "rest of the world" traffic on the blog itself. If this can be done, could you help me out with instructions on the same?

Thanks

Yep! This is entirely possible. We can split off all North American traffic and then you can send it to which ever parking company you want and then after that you can retain all of the other traffic to your blog.

Contact me at sean (-@-) comwired.com

and I'll get you with my tech guy who can explain how to do all of this. Remember, the service is completely free so there is very little to lose!

Thank you!!

Sean

•••
Thanks Sean, appreciate it. Email on the way.

Seabass, reps added for this informative find.

Last edited:
•••
You're quite welcome. My tech guy stepped out today for just a bit. Once he returns I'm going to have him take care of all the instructions on how to do this. I really hope you enjoy the service and hope that it makes you some cash to boot!

•••
What about sending traffic to four different parking companies and every fifth visitor to a website?

Varon asked something similar, but only splitting by country. In the example I speak of it would be splitting traffic b/t parking and sites.

Maybe I want to send visitor one to Parked.com, visitor two to Fabulous.com, visitor three to eBay, and visitor four to Amazon, and visitor five to my website.

Can this mix-match be done also? :)

•••
This is a really good question, but it would be a bit farther out in terms of development.

Right now we could do it based on Geo, but not on visitor count. This is, however, good feedback that we will look over.

•••
We can do the round robin with visitors now. :)

If you want to send visitors to different locations based on even distribution of providers, we can do it now.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Kind Regards!

Sean

•••
What happens if we go in at the entry level of $15 and then find it isn't sufficient. What options are there for upgrading?

•••
Hi Stub!

Thanks for the question. Then you can upgrade to the next highest level for the cost of the difference between the two packages. So, if you have paid for 15$ worth and then ran out, and the next highest is 30 bucks, then you can upgrade and pay the difference between the two....which would be 15$.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you!

Sean

•••
So if I sign up for 1 year at $15 and after 9 months I realize I'm going to overshoot that limit then I pay $11 more and that sees me through until the 12 months is up. Then I renew at $26. Is that correct?

•••
I think the Round Robin is only with the Enterprise system.

•••
If I get a positive answer to my question to Sean, I'm going to sign up and move all my non-US traffic out of Parked. But where should I put it?

•••
Sorry for the delay on responding back guys, I thought I had email notifications on!

So if I sign up for 1 year at $15 and after 9 months I realize I'm going to overshoot that limit then I pay $11 more and that sees me through until the 12 months is up. Then I renew at $26. Is that correct?

Yep. You only pay the difference between your current service level and the new level.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

What I want to know is can I send the traffic to say three parking companies, one lead form, and do six redirects to affiliate programs or wherever I wish ? That would be the ultimate for me, but this is a good start.

Yes. With Enterprise level you could, as the domainer edition does not have URL redirection. This would be possible though.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

I think the Round Robin is only with the Enterprise system.

Actually, it's on the domainer side. To get round-robin working, you would setup three (or however many places you want to split the traffic to) custom groups. When you create the custom group, highlight all of the countries of the world and save it.

So basically you would tell the system:

All world traffic --> Parked
All world traffic -->namedrive
All world traffic -->DS

This would send 1/3 to each place.

I can help with the setup if needed as well. sean { a t } comwired {d o t} com

I beleive I got all of the questions, but if I didn't please feel free to respond here or email me and I'll address them.

Thanks!!

Sean Stafford

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

If I get a positive answer to my question to Sean, I'm going to sign up and move all my non-US traffic out of Parked. But where should I put it?

Actually, as Parked.com is a Yahoo feed we have a preset for users such as yourself.

Its all the countries that yahoo "officially" supports. You could send all of the yahoo supported traffic to Parked.com still, and anything that is left over you could send to another company. The non supported traffic could then go to a Google feed in hopes of better monetization.

I want to add that Parked.com and NameDrive.com are great parking companies and we have great working relationships with them and other parking companies as well. Alot of our users tend to do splitting between NameDrive and Parked. But as far as an official recommendation as to where to send your non-yahoo supported traffic....anywhere that makes you the most money!! ;)

Have a great evening, thanks for all the questions too!! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Regards,

Sean

•••
I signed up. You need to add Bodis.com to the list of Parking companies.

•••
I can get it added, no problem. If you can send me an example of a domain name parked on the Bodis.com feed, I'll get it added. Just a domain or two is all that I need.

Thank you!

Sean

•••
This is good stuff Seabass.. Thanks!
Rep on the way

•••
Thank you, Seabass!

Please keep me informed as you go forward, and if you need anyhelp with anything just call or email me.

If you could tell your friends and colleagues we would be greatly in your debt.

Thank you for the kind words.

At your service,

Sean Stafford

•••
If you could tell your friends and colleagues we would be greatly in your debt.

Sean, do you have any plans for a referral program? I also see a lot of potential for your service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back