Dynadot

Competitive Ad filter and filtering arbitrage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Do you guys use the competitive ad filter to filter out junky low paying sites? The reason I ask is that my site virusinfection.info is getting about a 50% ctr, however most of the adsense ad leadf to mostly just arbitrage sites.

Do you guys think it would be worth it to filter all these arbitrage/low paying site out?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do this on my content sites and it seems to work pretty well.

•••
just find the url (using the adsense preview tool) and add the offending site to the competitive ad filter. It really helped my payouts. I just had my best adsense day bc of it.

•••
Its nice to filter the junk ads, but just be wary of Google not enjoying publishers doing it. As you filter one bunch of ads, the very next day, you will find another lot of the similar low paying ads. I noticed that after a while, your CPC starts falling and totally irrelevant ads start appearing.

Not sure if the filter is a good option. It does give an initial spurt in earnings, but it starts falling later. However, mrizos, I'm keen to see how it works for you. :)

•••
I filter like a madman for some of my websites. Websites that I know have a majority of visitors that are repeat visitors, I especially keep these clean of mfa's and other low-life websites. Let's face it, most Internet users have no clue how those google ads are generated - they think you the webmaster put them there and if they go to a piss-poor website from yours they might not ever come back.

It's a royal pain keeping up with them but it can be done. I use adsblacklist.com as a starting point and then find the rest myself. I have noticed no downturn in earnings what so ever.

•••
whitebark said:
I filter like a madman for some of my websites. Websites that I know have a majority of visitors that are repeat visitors, I especially keep these clean of mfa's and other low-life websites. Let's face it, most Internet users have no clue how those google ads are generated - they think you the webmaster put them there and if they go to a piss-poor website from yours they might not ever come back.

It's a royal pain keeping up with them but it can be done. I use adsblacklist.com as a starting point and then find the rest myself. I have noticed no downturn in earnings what so ever.
adsblacklist.com Roy, XLNT resourse, thank you.

Varon, it's possible one of the reasons irrelevant ads start appearing is you may have filtered out ALL the prospects for that KW.

Great thread! Great questions! Great answers!
Thank you all!

Cy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back