Domain Empire

.com vs .net for parking domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lemonzest

Established Member
Impact
In relation to a keyword domain used for parking, is it better to take the .net version, or take a slightly different .com which may not have the keywords in order.

Eg (example purposes only).

discountedfood.net

vs.

bestdiscountfood.com

So, are you better off getting the .net version with less words, smaller length and strong keywords? Or, settling for the .com version, which has three keywords and is longer?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here most type in visitors is the key.

•••
i prefer even long .com than short .net

•••
•••
If I was trying to get generic keywords for an industry I would see what was left of the market and what strengths as domain they have on individual basis. Careful or you could promote the other guys. Both of those names would need a brand to point to. Dot net 2 words and dot com 3 words are not first choice so is it priced accordingly or based on keyword and other strengths for a sale. Without real examples it is hard to give a true idea but adjective noun noun is better than adjective verb noun or adjective adjective noun etc.

•••
If I was trying to get generic keywords for an industry I would see what was left of the market and what strengths as domain they have on individual basis. Careful or you could promote the other guys. Both of those names would need a brand to point to. Dot net 2 words and dot com 3 words are not first choice so is it priced accordingly or based on keyword and other strengths for a sale. Without real examples it is hard to give a true idea but adjective noun noun is better than adjective verb noun or adjective adjective noun etc.

What do you mean by “promote the other guys”?

How do I point to a brand? Would I need to include brand name in there, eg, unileverdiscountfood.com? I’m not sure how to point to a brand?

Last edited:
•••
It largely depends on your marketing really, we have a .net, it's not that bad, the .com is taken anyway.

•••
discountedfood.net

vs.

bestdiscountfood.com

Hi

neither of them are likely examples of names that would get type in traffic while parked.

as the words are in bad order

ie: food discounts or best food discounts would be best search order

still, I've had some .net gambling names that earned ppc income, while the same domain in .com didn't earn much of anything.

so, when it comes to parking, it always depends on the actual domain

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back