Domain Empire

法律.com sold US$9,638.00 ?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Have you heard that - 法律.com ("LAW" in Chinese) sold US$9,638.00 at snapnames.com?!

source - IDNClub.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is that legal? Just Kidding.

Yes I heard about it and somebody got the domain for a really good price. Within one year it may be worth 6 figures to a Chinese Law Business. Projections show that 25% of the internet usage will be in China within the next year.

•••
•••
It's on DNjournal now -

lawtg2.png

•••
Phio said:
Is that legal? Just Kidding.

Yes I heard about it and somebody got the domain for a really good price. Within one year it may be worth 6 figures to a Chinese Law Business. Projections show that 25% of the internet usage will be in China within the next year.
Why should be Chinese? It can be japanese as both are the same in this keyword :guilty:

Last edited:
•••
I stand corrected. It is a winning domain for both a Chinese or Japanese Law Firm. :tu:

•••
Bargain. Great name in chinese and japanese. It disturbs me that DNJournal always seems to neglect the translation for IDNs. There must be a reason this happens.

•••
neverthless, the chinese charactor .com is not as valued as that in english.com , they cannot overpass the price and the amount of potencial customers who speak and use english all over the world ..!!!

•••
westlife1127 said:
neverthless, the chinese charactor .com is not as valued as that in english.com , they cannot overpass the price and the amount of potencial customers who speak and use english all over the world ..!!!

Yes, the chinese charactor .com is not as valued as that in english.com -

I do believe if a company/website use the Chinese character domain names (Chinese IDNs); means that their business are focus to the Chinese people/market, especially to those huge quantity of Chinese people who can not read the English...

•••
westlife1127 said:

How many sites target consumers ALL over the world ?

Assume we are talking about Dutch consumers.
If I want to buy english books I tend towards amazon or ebay, but overall we can assume that the Dutch consumer will on average look for Dutch books, will they choose an international website ? Of course not !
Imo you're right for specific themes that allow or even favor an international audience but overall, product specific domains will probably perform better using localized domains, either by extension or by the second level.

This reasoning can be extended to most products that require shipping/insurance or that have language specific requirements, the threshold to go to a non-local website is just to high for the average consumer. For one because of practicality, second because of communicational difficulties (whether they can understand english or not).

Imo, dominance of the english language is secondary to the location that is implied by the language of the domain.

I am positive that in a few years top product related non-english domains will reach similar prices as to what is payed is for their english equivalents.

•••
Bramiozo said:
How many sites target consumers ALL over the world ?

Assume we are talking about Dutch consumers.
If I want to buy english books I tend towards amazon or ebay, but overall we can assume that the Dutch consumer will on average look for Dutch books, will they choose an international website ? Of course not !
Imo you're right for specific themes that allow or even favor an international audience but overall, product specific domains will probably perform better using localized domains, either by extension or by the second level.

This reasoning can be extended to most products that require shipping/insurance or that have language specific requirements, the threshold to go to a non-local website is just to high for the average consumer. For one because of practicality, second because of communicational difficulties (whether they can understand english or not).

Imo, dominance of the english language is secondary to the location that is implied by the language of the domain.

I am positive that in a few years top product related non-english domains will reach similar prices as to what is payed is for their english equivalents.

I pretty much thought your post was common sense and there was really no need for it, but I guess some just don't get it.

•••
Well, the owner this domain was in business!!
Really great domain, even it is English, Russian or chinese, Law.com is always a REALLY GOOD domain kk

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back