Dynadot

.COM Sold In $10,000 Range, are the .NETS, .ORGS Valuable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mindfulmarketing

Established Member
Impact
Good day,

fairly new to domain investing. I have been doing much research. Bought a few EMD .coms but nothing too major.

let’s say I see “patrick.com” sell for $20,000. Will the .net .org and .io for the root keyword still be valuable seeing that the .com sold for that much?

Just want to get some seasoned thoughts on this idea

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The short answer is NO. Don't do it. It's a bad idea to scroll thru non- taken extensions of popular words and register them.
In 2% of situations it will be worth it, but you really need to know which words will be popular (and which tlds too!). It will take lots of time and experience to understand that.
Just concentrate on dot com extensions, at least for 1 year.

•••
Thank you for the advice!!!

•••
The short answer is NO. Don't do it. It's a bad idea to scroll thru non- taken extensions of popular words and register them.
In 2% of situations it will be worth it, but you really need to know which words will be popular (and which tlds too!). It will take lots of time and experience to understand that.
Just concentrate on dot com extensions, at least for 1 year.

I will rethink my strategy. From what I’m seeing now the shorter the .com the higher it goes for. Is it best to focus on short domains, 1 word domains, 2 word domains or Exact match domains?

•••
I will rethink my strategy. From what I’m seeing now the shorter the .com the higher it goes for. Is it best to focus on short domains, 1 word domains, 2 word domains or Exact match domains?

Yes, 2 word domains, and the shorter - the better (one-word domains are taken unless it's made-up brandable).
Exact match is good too, but also - two words and popular industries.

•••
Yes, 2 word domains, and the shorter - the better (one-word domains are taken unless it's made-up brandable).
Exact match is good too, but also - two words and popular industries.

awesome, I’m guessing the higher search volume for EMDS the higher chance of it selling.

I recently purchased ctcpayments.com and floattanktherapy.com. Both keywords around 10k monthly searches. From an end user/domain investor POV are these any good?

•••
No, not really. CTCPayments are only good for someone who creates a payment gateway/system and suddenly decides to call it CTC (how large is the chance?) And even then he will first check CTCPay (shorter) and CTCPayment (singular) with its sellers.
And only after he might go to you, you will be the third in line. Next to zero chance.
FloatTankTherapy is a three word domain with a very narrow niche, also, has an extremely little chance.
But it's all experience and we learn from it.
Next time you want to appraise names, please place them in an Appraisal section.
Good Luck!!

•••
I think the payments domain could have value but definitely debatable. I would drop or let the three word expire. No end user is buying anything that long.

•••
I like. NET or .Org if it's a high value keyword with high search volume but those are very rarely available. While you learn stick to .coms in English.

•••
Good day,

fairly new to domain investing. I have been doing much research. Bought a few EMD .coms but nothing too major.

let’s say I see “patrick.com” sell for $20,000. Will the .net .org and .io for the root keyword still be valuable seeing that the .com sold for that much?

Just want to get some seasoned thoughts on this idea

It depends on the term.

In your example, "Patrick" is worth owning in NET/ORG without a doubt. The .COM for $20K would be a deal of the decade contender.

If it is some outlier sale or marginal term, I would avoid it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
No, not really. CTCPayments are only good for someone who creates a payment gateway/system and suddenly decides to call it CTC (how large is the chance?) And even then he will first check CTCPay (shorter) and CTCPayment (singular) with its sellers.
And only after he might go to you, you will be the third in line. Next to zero chance.
FloatTankTherapy is a three word domain with a very narrow niche, also, has an extremely little chance.
Next time you want to appraise names, please place them in an Appraisal section.
Good Luck!!

Today I registered a domain name -
speechpodium.com
Do you see potential of this name?? Can it be sold ??

•••
Good Luck!!
Just sold today on Sedo for $79. Inbound offer.

•••
I'd say there's a potential but .com is still the top tier extension.

•••
As a new domainer please stick to .com only, once you learn more.. then you can risk.

•••
Back