Watch

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
heres a new reality lol
25k for LLL.com

Meanwhile www.home.loans sells for $500k

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bil and Bob down the road with the bakery will undoubtedly register a 20 character.com

K.png

The new kids on the block couldn't give a rat's ass about .com
Polkadot and ETH foundation have close to $700m US in cash reserves.

If they wouldn't buy ethereum.com for less then 1.5% of the cash reserve - When are they going buy it?

Simply put Vitalik gives 0 f**ks about attaining the.com - Would he even take it for free......... Maybe? but debatable

Last edited:
•••
meanwhile someone reg d
walk.life - todays drop

•••
Robotic.life is taken :xf.cry:
todays drop
the same owner of zoo.life ((

Last edited:
•••
I am just saying, but new extensions aren't new anymore, they are already old news. Time flies. Might want to look at the past few years before making uneducated projections about the future.
The .com is not "king" anymore slogan is very old too.
In the meantime the 'cemetary' is growing...

•••
•••
Robotic.life is taken :xf.cry:
todays drop
the same owner of zoo.life ((

Robots and Zoo’s? Why not reg Robotic.zoo? I am sure some existing koolaid dispenser registry has a backorder system so when it’s created you will be first in line. You will be able to Buy them next years drop. While you are at it, buy robotzoo.live before someone like Baloney does and his .Live campaign.

•••
There's not been enough time or data to support any argument at the moment as to what new TLDs are or are not going to do or be. We all just speculate, and "IMO" anyone who states otherwise hasn't fully understood the bigger picture and focus only on one aspect. Because it suits their argument, or eases their worry over their own investments (which of course we can all be guilty of).

Bruce Lee said:
It's like a finger pointing at the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of the heavenly glory.
That can be argued for both .com and new TLDs, at the moment...

So the post you made is about a heated topic in domaining at the moment. "Is .com dying out" - "new TLDs are taking over the world" etc etc etc...

It came across as unresearched in that you simply compared one single and miniscule aspect of the domain name market and made a bold statement from it. Perhaps you weren't totally serious, but others are as this kind of thing gets re-churned in different ways quite frequently.

There are always anomalies in domain sales, exceptions to the rule - sales that make all domainers ponder over how such a name was sold at all let alone for (eg) 5 figures.

Some of the new TLDs do sell. wine.club went for 6 figures, but look at all .club sales and you start to see a broader picture - in that sales are (mostly) only premium keywords, single words, and ones which mean a lot to specific companies with deep pockets.

I don't have any personal care for .com, I have no reason to defend it, so I say this unbiased - .com is king in terms of most sales across the board of niches and industries, and deeper level sales like 2 and 3 word keywords.

It's not that I hate any TLD, I just see the sales. If I buy (eg) a .com with 2 decent keywords that match and are fairly well known to commerce, then with the humongous pool of domains and buyers and sellers out there I have a good chance of selling it in .com. Whereas in the new TLDs the sale is less likely because commerce hasn't yet embraced these new TLDs.

Putting aside the few (tens/hundreds of thousands) sales, .com is still what people understand and, whether an unnaturally created economic value or not, it is the most valuable of them all. Stats and figures and the marketplaces and reports show this, without doubt.

I own new TLDs, but I accept they're more of a gamble, a whim, than a sure bet of a pretty good two word commercial .com that many businesses will want.

And many people use the argument "but look at these sales in .whateverTLD" - no-one's saying non .com domains don't sell, they're saying that across the broad spectrum of niches, keywords, and possible domain names, .com sells way more than any other, and (arguably) easier if good keywords.

namebio.com shows a basic picture for those that care to look. Sure private sales will happen all the time so it's not perfect, and members here do well with new TLDs and private sales, but it is without doubt a harder sell - or even a lower value sell for keywords in whateverTLD vs .com for the same keyword(s).

IMO
:)

•••
Name was auctioned/liquidated near wholesale. Wouldn't get anywhere near 25k for any other extension.

•••
Using a dot io means you will always be seen as that new tech startup...never a global serious player. Those who can will and do get the dot com.

I actually like the io extension, looks good, but still you can't say it beats a dot com..

Then those that use a new gtld as the main platform, well that makes them look 'wanting' rather than established.

Anyway, thanks to the original poster on the thread, you certainly made a lot of people laugh at your own ignorance.

•••
Just entered industry ? Namepros signup Jan 2018, 0 trader rating, title baiting ... come on build up some credibility, the last guys in the room who made this comment where Freddy Kruger and his side kick from mind and machines, and they were ousted from the company they started.

.com is the platinum standard

Bravo Yes I agree. My post got deleted from this thread while the op and many others before and after are allowed to troll on this topic over and over. I won’t even get into the fake sale comment. Why anyone bothers to take the bait anymore is beyond me.

•••
False!

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

•••
King of The Dot is: dot Com. In USA you don't need to put www.name.com address on your billboard or paper ads. In this example; the name "Postmates" is just enough. For any ccTLD (country based market) you can apply the same approach method.

ads-com2.jpg

•••
King of The Dot is: dot Com. In USA you don't need to put www.name.com address on your billboard or paper ads. In this example; the name "Postmates" is just enough. For any ccTLD (country based market) you can apply the same approach method.

Show attachment 80014

this probably should support the idea that nGTLD names are more desirable or better?

Honestly if people do not use domains anymore you guys are the first ones to lose. Domains are being used less means more nGTLD sales?

Also a business using postmates.com is again supporting nGTLDs?

•••
.com is not king anymore, ccTLDs rule :)

•••
I definitely like all extensions that will earn me money be it dot com, gtld, cctld, ngtld or whatever. But then we have to remember that the most expensive domains came from .com. The highest number of domain registrations known from the past and up to the present is the .com. The most saleable domains as can be seen from daily sales report such as Namebio are from .coms. The most preferred extension among the domain populace is the .com. The most durable, most popular and most well-known domain extension to the whole world is the .com. So don't you think .com deserves its highest monarchy rank?

•••
One sale by the registry and you think this will change the landscape of .com. Wake up before you lose more registration fee.

Stick with .com period.

•••
•••
on the weekly Sedo sales list we have something like 49 .com, 21 .ccTLDs, 8 other gTLDs and only 2 new Gs.

Sedo do not manipulate the sales stats in any way...

the new Gs have something like 2% marketshare when it comes to sales, I guess. If we look at dollar volume flowing in it is probably even less.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
this probably should support the idea that nGTLD names are more desirable or better?

There was & are many obstacles in ngtls that ICANN & Co have to overcome.

Universal acceptance
(most common problem: users found the website and email not working as the domain extension was & is not recognized by hosting company [ ngtld not implemented yet] )
  1. Technical requirement
  2. DNS / registries, registrars
  3. Email and Web site hosting providers add new .extensions
  4. Brands TM IP defense system
  5. Operating system
  6. 3rd party Apps, Software support .extension length problems - up to 10 characters
  7. & e.s.o.
If you do decide to start your own hosting company (I do have 1), the first factor you'll see is the cost of planning and implementation. Tons of hosting companies and brand protection mechanism simply slows things down.

dot Com is the King and we don't need to argue about this & that. If business come to conclusion the ngtld is a good to go, than let it go. Let people and time decide. Wrong place, time and decision? You got a parking ticket + penalty.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
GettyImages-163765280.jpg

It looks like they steal content idea from the namepros

THIS -> February 08, 2018

Ms. Sale makes a very interesting point that many newbies miss about dot-com, and that is that .com itself is a brand - And a very well established one at that! Multi-billions have been spent to instill this extension in the minds of everyone who uses the internet. (e.g. Everytime you see an ad with a dot-com, that brand is being reinforced... Just saw a few during the Super Bowl...) Hence, dot-com will remain king for the foreseeable future - No other extension will ever have the same credibility and reach...

•••
GettyImages-163765280.jpg

Ms. Sale makes a very interesting point that many newbies miss about dot-com, and that is that .com itself is a brand - And a very well established one at that! Multi-billions have been spent to instill this extension in the minds of everyone who uses the internet. (e.g. Everytime you see an ad with a dot-com, that brand is being reinforced... Just saw a few during the Super Bowl...) Hence, dot-com will remain king for the foreseeable future - No other extension will ever have the same credibility and reach...
Well, okay, so why do they use a .org domain? marketplace.org

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back