Dynadot

discuss .Com Country Domains - Present Worth in 2020

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HighPointGuy

Established Member
Impact
Names like "Austria.com", "Canada.com" etc.

As I understand it, these have always been some of the most lucrative domain names to have in a portfolio. I've read that .com domains for well-known countries are easily worth 7 figures in today's market. Is this true?

Out of curiosity, on average, how much would a:

• Superpower/Well-Known Nation (USA, China, Russia, India etc.)
  • Developed Country (Austria, Spain, New Zealand etc.)
  • Less Developed Country (Madagascar, Haiti, Sudan etc.)

Go for in wholesale and retail $$$ in the 2020 market. I haven't seen anyone discuss this in some time, and I am curious. Not that I could afford one. :xf.laugh:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Because there are only about 200 countries .com domains in the world, and most of them are developed sites (some by tourism board of the country, some by travel operators or web development companies), you can hardly see them appearing in the market, and most importantly, there is a big player named Pear.com who took almost all major available countries .com domains at 6 to 7 figure each.

http://pear.com/#portfolio

By the way, I got chances to buy SanMarino.com in early 2000 at DNF and TimorLeste.com at Sedo recently but someone else took them before me when I was still hesitating... so regretful not to buy them immediately when I found them. :/

Since countries .com are very rare and difficult to buy in 2020, I turned into buying nation's capital cities .com (same as country names in quantities) and I already have 5.

I am still wanting to buy more nation's capital cities .com like Copenhagen.com, Jakarta.com... or even a dream country name like Japan.com! :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back