NameSilo

.com and .net???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello Fellas,

How often will someone buy both .com and .net of a name (for obvious reasons) when available?
Similarly, how often will they try to secure the .net from someone else?
And do the above answers depend on the type of site or product

Thanks to all who post.

charbar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Obviously, .com is based for companies, and its the most popular domain extension, so it became not only used by companies, it's used for several types of sites too.

.net is a good option for a network, hosting firm, commuications, any network related.

Well, some people will secure .net domain along with their .com for a simple reason, they want to protect their name much better so they register all common extensions at once.

Hope this is helpful a bit.
Ahmed

•••
The .net doesn't really get traffic from the .com however If I am going to develop a project in the .com I would register all the gTLD's.

•••
.com is just more popular!

•••
For me I would reg a .net. I plan on making a company that is a network of smaller sites so therefore it makes more sense in my eye to go with a .net extension.

•••
I find .info to be sub-par. Their really meant just for informational based sites.

•••
For developed sites is it best to get all major extensions like .com, .net and .org to protect the name. It is also common too use the .net extensions of a domain (and as it was supposed to be used) for technical purposes such as DNS servers and so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back