Dynadot

1,000's of names!

NameSilo
Watch
Hello Fellas,

I was told just yesterday of someone who has thousands of names, with five or six registrars.
To a newb with 29, this sounds incredible.
What's the most names owned by an individual?
How on earth do they manage them?
Do they buy all these names at random, or do they specialize in certain fields?
How much money must they make each year?
Do they re-invest immediately?
The mind boggles!

Thanks to any replies.
charbar

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This will not answer most of your questions but I’ll tell you a little bit about my experience. I registered my first domain late last year and even though it took me a few days to make up my mind (I couldn’t decide if it was worth $8.88 LOL) but did and I thought it would take me forever to register a second domain. It took 6 weeks for my second and then a third and well, this month I have registered 65 and will likely end this month having registered 100 +/-.

I have sold six domains for a total of $800.00 and if each of the 163 domains that I have registered cost $8.88 each our total investment would be $1,447.44 minus the profits from sales that’s $647.44. Not too bad to have 157 prospect domains most with 9 to 12 months registration still available.

•••
your portfolio will grow over time! I just imagine that persons renewal fees suck!

•••
Great news about success, Kimberly (inspiration to all of us newbies)! But how??? Hard work at pc? Financial acumen, or a tried and tested (succesful) way of optimising your names, without actually selling?
Any tips would be appreciated.
Thankyou.
charbar.

P.S. Could still do with some answers to other questions please!

NickRac said:
your portfolio will grow over time! I just imagine that persons renewal fees suck!

I shouldn't think he'd have to worry about that LOL

thanks

•••
Most people that own a large number of domain names I would say are more focused on the traffic that the names generate over the potential sale of the domain name.

Really it's not that hard to manage domain names, but utilizing the domain names, ensuring that they are working correctly or are optimized is an issue. It's a job like any other, but companies like fabulous.com and domainsponsor.com etc make it much simpler with the tools and services they offer.

When you own the numbers of names fabulous.com (400k+) and buydomains.com (550k+ can't remember) own, then you need a staff dedicated to managing the domains

•••
Smith said:
Most people that own a large number of domain names I would say are more focused on the traffic that the names generate over the potential sale of the domain name.

Really it's not that hard to manage domain names, but utilizing the domain names, ensuring that they are working correctly or are optimized is an issue. It's a job like any other, but companies like fabulous.com and domainsponsor.com etc make it much simpler with the tools and services they offer.

When you own the numbers of names fabulous.com (400k+) and buydomains.com (550k+ can't remember) own, then you need a staff dedicated to managing the domains

Are these the the ultimate in parking??? I believe that they're selective or charge??? Beside a charge (if they have one) what's the differencwe between, say Sedo and trhe aforementioned??/

Thanks.
charbar.

•••
charbar said:
Are these the the ultimate in parking??? I believe that they're selective or charge??? Beside a charge (if they have one) what's the differencwe between, say Sedo and trhe aforementioned??/

Thanks.
charbar.

Yeah those 2 are probably your best bet, they don't charge you anything, but like the rest of the parking services, they do take a % of the revenue your domains generate.

From my experiences, Sedo is rather shit when it comes to parking revenue unless you have a special deal with them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back