NameSilo

CoinMena.com sold $25,000 - No commission/brokers/fees - sold by WhoaDomain.com

Labeled as information in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by Avtar629, Jul 19, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Sumeeth

Sumeeth DomExpert VIP

Congrats for the sale and story behind it :).Any value for KoinMena or CoinMeena ?

Thanks,

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

Well the advantage you had here apparently was meeting the guy in person. Even getting a buyer on the horn may often work better than email - because with email the potential buyer gets to think too long, and sometimes this will work against closing the deal at a high price, as second thoughts might settle in. Think - car salesman, do they close the deal best in person, or via email? Why do you think the car dealer always wants to get you into the showroom for any potential deal?

To some extent we are not selling domains here but providing therapy, as we convince the potential buyer that what we have solves his problem. How good you are at having the potential buyer convinced that your domain is his solution, depends on how good of a salesman (or therapist :xf.cool:) and talker you are.

ANYway, avtar629's approach is to stick to his guns and try to exact top dollar. This is the old school domaining philosophy, that the way to get rich is to wait for the right buyer. I still use that approach with some of my top domains, but these days too I am more flexible, and for many of my domains my philosophy might just be, "Ahhh give me a few grand and shut up." The latter approach results in a lot more closed sales rather than trying to exact five figures always.

But, the advantage to this "hold out for top dollar approach" is, that when the few top dollar sales are made, at least even one five figure closing makes up for missing anywhere from ten to thirty of the $1000 - $3000. offers. What would Not make sense, would be turning down a bunch of low to mid four figure offers and then eventually accepting just one offer in the same range. If you're going to hold out for top dollar must be steadfast and consistent with your resolve (and have the caliber of domains that are worth that kind of money in the first place).

3. Avtar629

Avtar629 MarketDN.com Gold Account VIP

Well you don't know the buyers plans as he told me. Sounds big. And he's got Chinese venture capital investors. ( Probably should have asked for more or equity) lol

4. Avtar629

PREACH!!! 🤣 LOL. THANKS BRO!

5. SuperBrander

SuperBrander Top Member VIP

@Avtar629 Well... let's put it this way. The domain itself doesn't warrant 25K. It's a handreg from 2017 and yesterday I think nobody at Namepros would have paid you $50 for it and besides this perfect end user nobody probably would have paid much more. If this turns into a huge company... then it would still be the company that warrants a higher price, not the domain. Either way, it's an impressive sale that sort of reminds me of some of Mike Mann's sales. Having a lot of domains can sometimes land ridiculous prices when the right buyer comes along.

6. Avtar629

What about human poo which I suspect it actually was? Which is why I threw out my Yeezy's. Sigh*****

7. Avtar629

I actually hand regged it because I heard crypto just became Sharia compliant plus the success of bitoasis and Emaar groups plans to start a crypto coin.

8. xynames

Well "this is the way avtar629 do it." When he smells blood he tries to extract all the flesh he can, at least a pound!

9. Avtar629

Hahaha. "Fi phi pho fum! I smell the blood of an enduser!"

10. SuperBrander

SuperBrander Top Member VIP

@Avtar629 Would you mind sharing how many domains do you own at the moment? Do the recent sales get you above the red zone or are the renewals eating away profits?

11. dande

dande UNNATURE.COM VIP

Congratulations once again for your domain sale. That's serious money in the bank account

Sure the check has cleared by now?

12. Avtar629

Anyways. Thanks for all your well wishing. Let's get back to work shall we? I officially popped my five figure cherry. Any guesses? All down hill from here?

I think the future is so bright I have to wear shades?

(My old middle life crisis fart bought a straw hat to treat myself. Damn hipsters got to me. Lol)

IMG_20190716_135029_530.jpg

Have a great day guys! Best of luck to all!

Please follow me here or Twitter (whoadomain) Would love some starting bids on my future GD and Sedo and NJ auctions.

Don't like me? Get me out of the business. Buy my domains and you'll never hear from me again lol!

13. kandyan

kandyan Established Member

Congrats buddy, Nice sale!

14. Avtar629

Yea I'm in the red i admit. So check is probably going to cover renewals. Upcominh auctions "should" get me in the green this month. At least that's the plan.

Also thank God for Crypto! I have a stash. I dump every now and then at ATH. then buy on the dips to cover renewals but really need to quit that.

15. Avtar629

Thanks. I say to all domainers. While this sale is fresh. Sell your coin and Mena domains. Will be posting on LinkedIn soon. Minus the "broker" stuff

16. xynames

17. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

congrats on the sale !

18. Avtar629

19. DnFolk

DnFolk Top Member VIP

Congrats @Avtar629 great sale. Also the way you write, its fun reading it.

20. Avtar629

lol. Thank you. Life is too boring. better to enjoy it and not take it too seriously. tomorrow you can get hit by a bus.

To everyone posting on this thread. Feel free to mention all your Mena and Coin domains. I welcome it. Thanks.

as someone who invested in "Mena" domains. I was always hoping there would be some big "Mena" domain sale where I can refer to in my outbounds or inquiries.

never in a million years would I have imagined I'd be the one to put Mena on the board.

People here always say Arab's are cheap and can't ever sell a domain for big money to them. This proves that stigma is wrong.

21. Avtar629

aye! Salamat pare! Kumusta ka na diyan? Anong "Mena" or "Coin" domains mo?

22. Avtar629

I've got BlockMena.com MenaBlock.com 5gMena.com Mena5G.com MenaBitcoins.com

ChainMena.com
    DubaiMena.com
    UAEMena.com

23. Sumeeth

Sumeeth DomExpert VIP

I got coinwana.com , seen that mena's other name is WANA

24. Ryan Fanus

Ryan Fanus Established Member

Good job.

25. Domainsyrup

Domainsyrup Top Member VIP

Only VRcoins and CoinVR.com

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!