IT.COM

,co.uk vs. .com in SE results in the US

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have three developed domains in .co.uk that are pure one-word generics of niche products. Each is hosted in the US. The sites have all original content and are updated frequently. They are all only a year old or so.

Each one is on one of the first if not the first page on Google.co.uk, but they are all buried in Google.com.

Therein lies my questions:

1. Am I being specifically devalued by G.com for my choice in TLD in places outside the UK, or is it a level playing ground but more about the fact that there is a ton more competition for SE ranking when all other geographies are mixed in?

2. Would I do better globally (or not) with a .com that adds a related word and makes them imperfect and less authoritative to the visitor?

I am leaning toward assuming that the latter part of question 1 is actually what is true, and therefore changing nothing and hoping I will move up globally.

Thanks!

:p

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back