NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm just looking at one word shooting up from $12 to $800+ right now. Auction keeps getting extended... Interesting!

•••
yeah.. due to this premium pricing.. like I Said beofre we can probably expect reseller prices to go up....

which we already see happen.

not much showing up on expired domains either for regfee.. picked one up today.. will give it a go for 1 year for $8... some domainer might like it.. and not all have same budgets to play with either jehhehehhe

PremiumName
.co

Last edited:
•••
Reseller prices go up but end-user prices will be the same :xf.frown:

•••
Reseller prices go up but end-user prices will be the same :xf.frown:

well.. if you and me pay more.. then we ask more from enduser.. its how it works.

therefore in time, endusers will realize prices going up for .co... and if they want the name, they'll have to pay.

but we all know .co registry keeps close eye on all sales etc (namebio etc)... they know exactly how much money is being made on what.. hence their pricing changes... so I think in future, if ever they see this new plan is killing sales and regs etc.. they may act on this knowledge again

.co has been doing real good compared to others over years.. let's hope they'll be smart enough not to let it die or get worse.

•••
The whole this is pretty crazy - registry reserving anything even remotely OK-ish (including crap that I wouldn't register for $10), domainers losing their mind and bidding $xxx for names that normally would go to GD Closeouts or even end up dropped altogether.

WTF is going on :xf.eek:

•••
•••
.co keeps rocking namebio salles

jackpot..co ...10k sedo

and number of other sales too

they are basically all 1worders... and 3l...so they always had values and potential anyway..just more now with the changes coming... im still utterly confused where co will get their prem names to reprice them if theyve all been regged for years..and will continue to be... unless this is just a many year project where they slowly grab names..as some folk die or forget to renew..etc..one by one... its confirmed they are not increasing renewals. just reg fees for prem names...

guess we wait and see how this plays out..

in meantime.. i just responded with 4k to a 26$ offer on my timetravel..co name maahahahah

Last edited:
•••
im still utterly confused where co will get their prem names to reprice them if theyve all been regged for years..

For the past 2 months, .Co registry has been reserving most of the PENDING DELETE domain names for themselves. Most probably, on September 1st, they will release these names at a premium price (tiered pricing program).

Last edited:
•••
Ive noticed an increase in traffic with my LLL & one worders !

Perhaps the Chinese marketplace is also having an effect.

•••
For the past 2 months, .Co registry has been reserving PENDING DELETE domain names for themselves . Most probably, on September 1st, they will release these names at a premium price (tiered pricing program).

yes but they said price will change for premium names..hence my question... that pending delete stuff was like random 4l and other similar crap.. who will buy that at prem prices..

Last edited:
•••

perhaps it is having effect.. but the prem pricing plan has norhing to do with china...just co wanting and hoping to make more money

•••
yes but they said price will change for peemium names..hence my question... that pending delete stuff was like random 4l ans other similar crap.. who will buy that at prem prices..

Certainly not the domainers.....I think they just want to pressure domainers to renew their regs.

•••
Certainly not the domainers.....I think they just want to pressure domainers to renew their regs.

bingo.. i thought this too from start

whether its their main goal or not..surely overall theyll be made way richer by way more people renewing way more of their names than before..

tricky..but smart

nicely played co

•••
•••
. that pending delete stuff was like random 4l ans other similar crap.. who will buy that at prem prices..

I guess that is their plan. Even random 4Ls and other crap domains will have premium prices. Otherwise, I see no reason for them to reserve pending delete domain names.

Here is a quote from DomainNameWire:

An expanded tiered pricing program will go into effect September 1, and tens of thousands of domains will be added to premium tiers for domains available directly from domain registrars.

I emailed Neustar 2 weeks back asking them the reason for reserving pending delete domains.
Here is their response (I have already posted this before in another thread).

Thanks for reaching out to us. Eduardo forwarded me your email below. .CO Internet launched premium tiered pricing through the registrar channel back in August of 2015 on a limited basis, as a test case. We have been monitoring tiered pricing in .CO and across other TLDs since then, and continue to see success with the model. As a result, we are expanding our tiered pricing options for .CO effective as of September 1st. As we prepare for that expansion, we have communicated the change with our registrar partners, and plan to publish updated FAQs on our website prior to September 1st.

•••
bingo.. i thought this too from start

whether its their main goal or not..surely overall theyll be made way richer by way more people renewing way more of their names than before..

tricky..but smart

nicely played co

I won't bite though...at least not at $22 a pop. Except for those that I would renew anyway.

Compared to .COM, you can get a much better keyword or short domain, but
- the demand is way less than .COM
- the end user price will also be way lower
- you have little negotiation power, because there will always be a .net/.org/.io/.......(you name it) that is offered for less

•••
And let them left holding the bag ? Fine strategy ;)

Exactly :xf.grin:

First year regs could be made on a coupon ($2-$10) , but the cheapest renewal is $22.

•••
I won't bite though...at least not at $22 a pop. Except for those that I would renew anyway.

Compared to .COM, you can get a much better keyword or short domain, but
- the demand is way less than .COM
- the end user price will also be way lower
- you have little negotiation power, because there will always be a .net/.org/.io/.......(you name it) that is offered for less

well no extension can or will match com...so no comparing there....however co may just be second favorite to com.. to endusers...based on sales etc...

as for good kwywords in net org or io...they are not avail for reg and expensive to buy too... besides the extensions u named... endusers interest in ngtlds is so small overall that its not even worth mentioning.

its really just com..co..org..io..net..that are the bulk.. possibly in that order too...

Last edited:
•••
I guess that is their plan. Even random 4Ls and other crap domains will have premium prices. Otherwise, I see no reason for them to reserve pending delete domain names.

Here is a quote from DomainNameWire:

I emailed Neustar 2 weeks back asking them the reason for reserving pending delete domains.
Here is their response (I have already posted this before in another thread).

yes..i agree

i guess there is always that possibility that while we all sit here wondering how co will get their hands on true premium names like some 1worders or maybe some 3l too... their true plan is to try sell to people non peemium names at peemium prices... and as we all know a name doesnt become premium just cause it costs more to acquire

Last edited:
•••
They don't need to reserve domains over the year, they had reserved all available 4 letter domains, there are around 457k 4 letters domains, few of them are previously registered, but the most majority of them was available, without checking .co zone file won't have an accurate number, but I may predict that there are at least 50k 4 letters domains reserved with a retail value.

•••
They don't need to reserve domains over the year, they had reserved all available 4 letter domains, there are around 457k 4 letters domains, few of them are previously registered, but the most majority of them was available, without checking .co zone file won't have an accurate number, but I may predict that there are at least 50k 4 letters domains reserved with a retail value.

yes but 4l random lettet combinations are not generally what is being offered as premium names by other extensions... at least when xyz is offering u premium name at premium price..itll be something like car.xyz hotel.xyz...etc...

•••
NOTICE which members are part of the 'News' cycle trying to confuse the .CO conversation on purpose it seems at this point.

Last edited:
•••
...domainers losing their mind and bidding $xxx for names that normally would go to GD Closeouts or even end up dropped altogether.

NameBio supports the idea that its' a one short word market. Vegas, hire, jackpot, weather, debt, map, etc these are all very useful words for SEO and PPC campaigns if not a startup or retail buyer. No one is losing their minds. Just don't buy useless names or they won't resell.

•••
•••

I've had a significant increase to 1 of my parked .co domains: jawbone - not sure why so I did the right thing and increased my BIN price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back