NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He might have been thinking tout, online touting service

He may also have been thing .com :lol:

Tote is something I relate to horseracing. I'm not sure it has a huge online market inside of the US.

Is the IDN aspect accidental? i.e. happens to be using some cyrillic keyboard?

•••
Yep,

End-users and the top 2000 in .co. That's the bottom line. Unless you have 1 year to put into promoting .co, forget about it. You will get a good return but think about the easier way. I made great money on .co but it was a lot of work and time. If you have the time, go for it. If you don't, go somewhere else.

With the high renewal cost, low activity, and amount of people looking for discounts, I think the .CO drops this year are going to be brutal.

Brad

•••
Palace.CO sold on Sedo for $1,250

•••
He may also have been thing .com :lol:

Tote is something I relate to horseracing. I'm not sure it has a huge online market inside of the US.

Is the IDN aspect accidental? i.e. happens to be using some cyrillic keyboard?

Sorry,
some letters replaced by indexing.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

That's an IDN and it's even available in .com

in.com domain name registered

(Updated Date: 14-jul-2012
Creation Date: 13-jul-2010
Expiration Date: 13-jul-2013)

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

He might have been thinking tout, online touting service
Of course there is no: LOL:

•••
in.com domain name registered

(Updated Date: 14-jul-2012
Creation Date: 13-jul-2010
Expiration Date: 13-jul-2013)

I referred to the domain containing the cyrillic letters, since you wrote it that way.

•••
•••
The drops are going to be massive, but as Brad and others have pointed out, it's usually in the second year of a "new" release of an extension (although .CO has been around longer than that, technically speaking) that people start to trim their portfolios.
The dust won't begin to clear for a few months after the landrush anniversary as the landrush is spread over a few months. There's a curious golden handcuffs effect that may play out with .co where some people may have their .co on auto-renew by accident. On the otherside there's a major speculative element that moves from new TLD to new TLD that will drop a lot of domains.

The last major web survey of .co that I did was in February this year. It really wasn't worth wasting time on doing one since.

Regards...jmcc

•••
The dust won't begin to clear for a few months after the landrush anniversary as the landrush is spread over a few months.

Landrush domains:
- are in number way less than July 20th ones, so their weight will be marginal.

- are premiums and have been acquired for considerable prices, not for $25, so their owners won't let them drop to save 25 bucks.

July 20th domains are what we need to monitor to have a picture of the TLD's conditions.

•••
July 20th domains are what we need to monitor to have a picture of the TLD's conditions.
The ones to watch are the late Landrush domains. These are the ones registered by people who had been hesitant initially. The early landrush registrants tend to be true believers/fanboys/high-risk domainers who often have highly speculative (multiword) registrations. The late Landrush domains begin to show elements of small business brand protection registrations and if .co loses these, it would be a significant loss in percentage terms as it could represent a collapse in confidence among the mom and pop small business registrants who were just protecting their .com domains. These small business brand protection registrations are often a good indicator as to the health or otherwise of a TLD.

Regards...jmcc

•••
The ones to watch are the late Landrush domains. These are the ones registered by people who had been hesitant initially. The early landrush registrants tend to be true believers/fanboys/high-risk domainers who often have highly speculative (multiword) registrations. The late Landrush domains begin to show elements of small business brand protection registrations and if .co loses these, it would be a significant loss in percentage terms as it could represent a collapse in confidence among the mom and pop small business registrants who were just protecting their .com domains. These small business brand protection registrations are often a good indicator as to the health or otherwise of a TLD.

Regards...jmcc

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing: with landrush acquisitions, I mean domains that were pre-ordered in April-May 2010 by multiple parties and were auctioned off between August and November 2010. These names cost big bucks, so their owners more than likely had a plan for them.

•••
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing: with landrush acquisitions,
Probably not. I am talking about the overall health of .co and the effects of the Landrush anniversary.

Regards...jmcc

•••
My domains. CO for sale last 24 hours

•••
•••
•••
Dot Com Vs Dot Co part 3 [ame]http://youtu.be/_SM1bmS88J8[/ame]

•••
I am auctioning off FlashGame.co in the auction section if anyone cares B-)

•••
Sugar.CO sold for $30,000, MNG.CO for 990 EUR (~$1,190), Angeles.CO for $850. All at Sedo.

Sugar.CO now points to SugarInc.com

•••
Sugar.CO sold for $30,000, MNG.CO for 990 EUR (~$1,190), Angeles.CO for $850. All at Sedo.

Sugar.CO now points to SugarInc.com

Who owned Sugar previously? Was it a registry sale? The timing is impeccable as I was just deciding whether or not to renew my .co domains.
:hehe: (winks.. etc)

•••
Who owned Sugar previously? Was it a registry sale? The timing is impeccable as I was just deciding whether or not to renew my .co domains.
:hehe: (winks.. etc)

It was a registry premium so yes it seems fishy. I'd renew your 5 best, provided they're product or geo domains.

•••
It was a registry premium so yes it seems fishy. I'd renew your 5 best, provided they're product or geo domains.

But but but.. it's been... "verified".

•••
Who was the seller ? The registry ?

•••
Who was the seller ? The registry ?

Appears to be a COINTERNET reserved name sold through Sedo.

This count as a sale vs registration for DN Journal purposes.

•••
Appears to be a COINTERNET reserved name sold through Sedo.

This count as a sale vs registration for DN Journal purposes.
That would be an editorial decision for DNJ. But in real terms, it would be just another attempt at inflating the overall value of .co domains by drip feeding the premiums into the market to create the illusion of demand. Perhaps some real journalism could be done here and the COinternet sales and purchasers could be examined to see if there are any trends.

Regards...jmcc

•••
That would be an editorial decision for DNJ. But in real terms, it would be just another attempt at inflating the overall value of .co domains by drip feeding the premiums into the market to create the illusion of demand. Perhaps some real journalism could be done here and the COinternet sales and purchasers could be examined to see if there are any trends.

Regards...jmcc

Good point. Not an indication of the market. Registries should be forced to auction all domains at landrush. This is a HUGE problem in the industry. Speaks more toward deception than anything else at all.

Well said.

•••
just reg sendflower.co and proflower.co
how about? guys

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back