Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
really? what do you think lol

probably it's not an NP buyer for sure hahha.
hmm i gess its a reseller who collect keyword domains.

•••
...just regged hogares.co...surprised it was available.

More commonly known in the Spanish language as "household". A good reg but not something to write home about.

•••
congrats and would like to know weather its an end user sale or a reseller?

It was an end user. Dashboards are becoming huge in the world of business intelligence and business reporting. Just google business dashboard or business intelligence.

I'm sure if I tried harder I would've gotten way more.

•••
here are my .co that I think may be good.

Full.co
ssri.co
kilm.co

Thanks for looking.

•••
More commonly known in the Spanish language as "household". A good reg but not something to write home about.

Google translate 'hogares' into 'homes'. I wonder if thats why he regged it?

•••
Just regged Sparta.CO :bingo:
I really like it :tu:

Regards,
Vitaliy

Attachments

• this-is-sparta.gif
    this-is-sparta.gif
    452.2 KB · Views: 69
•••
It really depends on the situation on how these words are used. Hogares is nice but not the greatest.

Google does not always do the best job of translating. Because language is more of an art than science, or at least equal portion, one should consult a native speaker before purchasing. Translating in Google is not enough.

Here's the "home" entry from WordReference.com:

home 1 /həʊm/ sustantivo

uncountable or countable (of person)
(dwelling) casa f;
to own one's own ~ tener(conj.⇒) casa propia;
marital ~ domicilio m conyugal;
see also at home, home1 3 ;
(before n) ~ loan préstamo m or crédito m hipotecario, crédito m vivienda
(in wider sense): New York's been my ~ since I was 12 he vivido en Nueva York desde que tenía 12 años;
they made their ~ in Germany se establecieron en Alemania, fijaron su residencia en Alemania (frml);
I still think of England as ~ para mí Inglaterra sigue siendo mi patria;
~ sweet ~ hogar dulce hogar;
there's no place like ~ como en casa no se está en ningún sitio;
to leave ~ irse(conj.⇒) de casa;
those remarks were uncomfortably close to ~ esos comentarios me (or le etc) tocaban muy de cerca;
a ~ away from ~ o (BrE) a ~ from ~ una segunda casa;
~ is where the heart is el verdadero hogar está donde uno tiene a los suyos
(family environment) hogar m;
she comes from a good ~ es de buena familia

countable
(of object, group, institution): Spain is the ~ of flamenco España es la tierra del flamenco;
the ~ of the microchip industry el centro de la industria de los microchips;
can you find a ~ for these files somewhere? (colloq) a ver si encuentras dónde guardar estos archivos
(of animal, plant) ( Bot, Zool ) hábitat m

at home
(in house) en casa;
tell him I'm not at ~ dile que no estoy (en casa);
he's got problems at ~ tiene problemas familiares;
what's that when it's at ~? (colloq) ¿y eso con qué se come? (fam)
(at ease): make yourself at ~ ponte cómodo, estás en tu casa;
he's entirely at ~ in Spanish habla español con total fluidez
(not abroad): at ~ and abroad dentro y fuera del país
( Sport ) en casa;
to be/play at ~ jugar(conj.⇒) en casa;
Spain is at ~ to France España juega en casa contra Francia

countable (institution) (children's ~) asilo m (AmL), orfanatorio m (Méx), centro m de acogida de menores (Esp);
(old people's ~) residencia f de ancianos;
dogs' ~ (BrE) perrera f

( Sport )
uncountable (the finish) meta f
countable (in baseball) See Also→ home page

•••
Actually...immoral multinationals are pretty heavily badmouthed. People are fed up with unethical behaviour in the market economy, period. Big fish or small fish...if you are a douche you can expect to be called out on it.

Not on the same level. People can identify with domainers. That´s why we get the shaft like that. Big companies can get media attention every day for unbelievably corrupt behaviour and people think "oh well, that´s the way the cookie crumbles".

•••
You have a point there. Traditional business will never get the shaft because it "has been so" for a long time and people are used to it. It is OK to purchase, for investment, 15 homes you don't personally need and to make a substantial profit. This is "acceptable" practice. Purchase "domains" as an investment and you are a squatter. Difference is a matter of perception. The internet is the billboard to the world and being so, you are open to a lot more criticism. There is a lot more profit to be made via internet business than anywhere else, but on the other hand, exposure is that much more pervasive. An internet investor will always be open to more scrutiny than traditional businesses. No doubt.

So how is having 15 real estate properties any different than owning 15 internet properties? There isn't any difference. With physical real estate, most people accept when they can't have the "malibu" home they want and then move on. On the Net, you can see the property you want everyday and you can want it even more. You can see a website or domain name even more, on a daily basis, because it is easily accessible.

If I live in New York and want a Malibu property, I can't see it everyday. Herein lies the problem.

Not on the same level. People can identify with domainers. That´s why we get the shaft like that. Big companies can get media attention every day for unbelievably corrupt behaviour and people think "oh well, that´s the way the cookie crumbles".

•••
•••
I took ///Social-Network/// today. ("-" on mid)
Most other extensions already registered

•••
ignite.co sold for $1,000 on Sedo.

online-dating.co on Sedo auction at 150 EUR (to the mods, not mine).

•••

...thanks so much for the detailed analysis that you took the time out to post, it is well appreciated.

While I do realize that it doesn't pack the punch of a keyword like "casa", it is a Spanish word in a Spanish speaking ccTLD extension that is not an oddity in their lexicon and I like it for that fact. It may be of use to some potential enduser down the road.

As I stated before, I only have three .co names and two are in Spanish. I do not see myself buying any more...

Again, I give you props for your intelligent appraisal of this word.

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Google translate 'hogares' into 'homes'. I wonder if thats why he regged it?

...that, and the fact that I also have hogares in the .tv extension.

As emjohn states correctly language is really more of an art than a science, and Latin American countries do speak the language with variations. What may be commonplace in one country or culture may be rare in others.

to get a good translation, you may need to acquire the services not of a native speaker of one country, but several who knows the nuances involved in the differences, for example, between what is spoken in Mexico, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Peru etal.

While similar, there are at times wide differences in the vernacular.

Hogares fits in this category. It is a word that, as emjohn states is, "good but nothing to write home about". It just depends what country that home is in. That is good enough for me to reg it...

•••
Anyone else notice Oranges.co in Sedo's top domain listings? Anyone else find this rather odd? I personally don't see oranges.co a premium .co although it is very good.. mind you maybe thats just me..

•••
•••
Anyone else notice Oranges.co in Sedo's top domain listings? Anyone else find this rather odd? I personally don't see oranges.co a premium .co although it is very good.. mind you maybe thats just me..

You can pay for "featured" listings on Sedo. Most likely, it wasn't chosen as a premium name by Sedo, but by the seller, who paid for increased exposure for the name.

•••
You can pay for "featured" listings on Sedo. Most likely, it wasn't chosen as a premium name by Sedo, but by the seller, who paid for increased exposure for the name.

I know that but this isn't the case. It's in Top Domains listing not featured. It's alongside the likes of laptop.co.uk, free.co.uk, bulletin.com etc.

•••
•••
I receive inquires from startups (or what appear to be startups) often.
The down side is most don't have a lot of capital to spend on a name.

•••
Any of you .co lovers think Cherry.co is nice? I backordered it along with 5 other bidders so I now have a chance to bid in the auction. How much do any of you think its worth? Is it worth me bidding? Does anyone want me to bid on their behalf?

•••
@Dave

It's Shane Cultra's domain, a nice one.

•••
Any of you .co lovers think Cherry.co is nice? I backordered it along with 5 other bidders so I now have a chance to bid in the auction. How much do any of you think its worth? Is it worth me bidding? Does anyone want me to bid on their behalf?

I don't understand what you're saying? You and 5 others backordered the domain when it's not expired???

•••
I don't understand what you're saying? You and 5 others backordered the domain when it's not expired???

My apologies I didn't mean backorder at all.

I meant it's in Private Auction at Namejet right now with 1 day 20 hours left. The reserve has already been met at a pretty low price surprisingly.. Every chance I could win this with only 5 other bidders if I do bid..

I do have several backorders on my mind at the moment perhaps that's why I said backorder. Again apologies.. :P

•••
My apologies I didn't mean backorder at all.

I meant it's in Private Auction at Namejet right now with 1 day 20 hours left. The reserve has already been met at a pretty low price surprisingly.. Every chance I could win this with only 5 other bidders if I do bid..

I do have several backorders on my mind at the moment perhaps that's why I said backorder. Again apologies.. :P

No biggie :)

What was the reserve? Seems like it should sell between $750 and $1500 IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back