Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just picked up 4 LLL.co (all premium, not handregs), which makes a total of 5 this week. I think I'm done for now. :)

So aftermarket purchases then?

•••
So aftermarket purchases then?

Yep. One here on the boards, and 4 that were listed at GoDaddy as offer/counteroffer but I got them for a fraction of the price.

•••
Do you think that the domains on the Sedo auction (.co) are overpriced?

What you will prefer to have kiss.me or kiss.co?

Last edited:
•••
Yep. One here on the boards, and 4 that were listed at GoDaddy as offer/counteroffer but I got them for a fraction of the price.

Nice work!

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Do you think that the domain on the Sedo auction (.co) are overpriced?

What you will prefer to have kiss.me or kiss.co?

kiss.me no doubt about it.

•••
kiss.me no doubt about it.

Ditto. .ME and .CO are very different. Verbs are GREAT in .ME, so that's why that works. Nouns and product names work better with .CO.

I'd rather have Kiss.me, but between "Mortgage Lending" .ME/.CO, I'd rather have .CO. Same with any of the names in that auction. I don't think there are any verbs in there.

•••
I'm not sure why my and hawkeye's last posts were deleted. hawkeye said he has stats proving there have been faster LLL.tld buyouts in the past and I kindly had asked him to post them. I'm sure those stats can be relevant to the thread.

Well I guess the .co buyout is yet to happen...

•••
So here come the next question. ("Mortgage Lending" )

In what order we have to put other extension?

.com > .net > .info > .tv > .... .co?

And is it .co > .co.uk, .ca, .us?

Ditto. .ME and .CO are very different. Verbs are GREAT in .ME, so that's why that works. Nouns and product names work better with .CO.

I'd rather have Kiss.me, but between "Mortgage Lending" .ME/.CO, I'd rather have .CO. Same with any of the names in that auction. I don't think there are any verbs in there.

Last edited:
•••
So here come next question. (
"Mortgage Lending" )

In what order we have to put other extension?

.com > .net > .info > .tv > .... .co?

And is it .co > .co.uk, .ca, .us?

Your question has way too many variables. It all depends on the price, location, and purpose of the acquisition.

- The obvious answer is .com is the most valuable. But that's also a $750,000+ name, so it's out of the question, unless you have that amount of cash.

- If you're in Britain, it's .co.uk.

- Germany, .de. Canada, .ca., etc.

- It's a great name for .TV, but obviously not as valuable as the .com, and .TV has a specific connotation to it for development

- I'm not a huge fan of .NET, but sure, it's a nice .NET name. Great for .info, too, but personally I would put the .CO above the .info (but check the WhoIS, I'm obviously biased)

- MortgageLending.me just sounds/looks weird

-------------
So if you're asking how .CO stacks up overall, it depends on who's after the name, and what the asking price is. I would rather pay $1500 for the .CO than the .INFO at this point. I'm guessing the .NET would be priced much higher than that, and for people in other countries, their ccTLDs would also be premium, pricey names.

Can I see someone from the UK, Germany, or somewhere else purchasing that name instead of the ccTLD? Sure. Especially if they want to develop it. It all depends on the need for the name.

There are just too many variables in your question. The .CO is bound to be way more attractive & affordable than a lot of other extensions, but not necessarily all, depending on what's for sale/available. :)

•••
I'm showing a bunch of the LLL.co's available today
but when I go to the Registrar, they are showing as taken,
but with no whois info.

Yesterday they all said taken, so what's happened/happening?

I wrote about it earlier in this thread - there are lots of reserved .co domains, without any dns entry, and they show same whois response as available ones. Your script probably showed those reserve domains as available, but you cant buy them for now :)

•••
I just got my rejection email from sedo for the current .co auction, lol. As if I couldn't figure it out by now!

•••
I decided to grab 1 available LLL.co, DYV

•••
i just got my rejection email from sedo for the current .co auction, lol. As if i couldn't figure it out by now!
They definitely were too strict.

•••
I wrote about it earlier in this thread - there are lots of reserved .co domains, without any dns entry, and they show same whois response as available ones. Your script probably showed those reserve domains as available, but you cant buy them for now :)

LOL I saw a doozy and then remembered the reserved ones :(
Some of the others weren't "all premium" letters and showed
gone yesterday, and available today - but not at the registry level.
3000 checked yesterday - all gone
same 3000 today - 67 available (less the reserves)

Maybe whatever happened to cause everything to show
as registered yesterday might have had a glitch?

•••
Why Use a .CO Domain for Your Publicity

I found this article via Twitter:

Everyone is starting to learn about.co domains vs..com domains. The Internet is running out of.com domains, or so they say. The truth is, if you missed out on a good domain name, then you can get that name in.co instead.

Read more:
Code:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Use-a-.CO-Domain-for-Your-Publicity&id=5880441

•••
Ok found some LLL.co available (50+) but needless to reg (all junk)
Better get only 1 premium LLL.co (CVC)memorable or/and pronounciable like hed.co rather than dozens of crap LLL.co

Last edited:
•••
Got my first spanish domain: Castellano.CO

Looks like it's very popular in most south american countries and Spain (see image attached). Can you confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••

Looks like it's very popular in most south american countries and Spain (see image attached). Can you confirm?

A great alternative name for español. Many Spanish speaakers refer to Spanish as "español" or "castellano". Nice Spanish reg.

•••

Well, the map shows: the term is used in almost all spanish speaking countries in south america... exept for Colombia

Last edited:
•••
A great alternative name for español. Many Spanish speaakers refer to Spanish as "español" or "castellano". Nice Spanish reg.
Thanks, with the rush of the last week and so many junk names being taken, I was surprised it was available.

Well, the map shows: the term is used in almost all spanish speaking countries in south america... exept for Colombia

That means 'espanol' is preferred over 'castellano' but it's still used there (Adwords tool shows 49,500 monthly searches for 'castellano' in Colombia).

•••
I believe thats an Italian last name, Castellano... Yea he was a boss of the Gambinos

•••
•••
That means 'espanol' is preferred over 'castellano' but it's still used there (Adwords tool shows 49,500 monthly searches for 'castellano' in Colombia).

1,000 exact with 4,000+ for Español (Not Espanol)

Available in .in as well. :wave:

•••
I believe thats an Italian last name, Castellano... Yea he was a boss of the Gambinos

It also can be, thanks.

1,000 exact with 4,000+ for Español (Not Espanol)

Available in .in as well. :wave:

I didn't want to search for the 'ñ' on the charmap because I'm too lazy :) but you're right. Anyway I found that, while in Colombia the term 'Español' is more used, formally their language is 'Castellano'. Colombian Constitution says it in its article 10:

Code:
http://www.unesco.org/most/lncolomb.htm

•••
Yep, no more on reg fee, aftermarket only! I check link of your sig and couldn't find any .co
Why, skeptical?

nahhhh I just don't have it published there just yet. but yes, I've invested in some as well ;) I just haven't really had time to update the look and content of the site overall so yeah...

I found a pretty good one today that has 2 premiums, not registered. However, I didn't register it.

yeah thanks for the heads up bro. twas odd though that some lll's suddenly popped available.

•••
Just seen the overstock commercial. Initially they advertised a small o.co as a shortcut. Now, get ready for this...the main advert is O.CO in big letters. Below it says also known as overstock.com.

I'm not suggesting .co will blow up now but that commercial caught me off guard!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back