IT.COM

news .Co jumps on China craze with short domain auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Two-character .co domains will be auctioned next month.

.Co goes to China.

Neustar (NYSE:NSR), the company behind the .co top level domain name, wants to cash in on the Chinese domain name investment craze.
The company will hold a two-character domain name auction on the 22.cn platform July 5-13.

The auctions start at 1 yaun, and it appears none of the domains have reserves.

.Co’s single letter domains have sold for seven figures in the past, although that was at a time when there weren’t hundreds of new top level domain name competitors. I’ll be very curious to see what kind of prices these short domains fetch in today’s environment.

Domains in the auction include: HZ.co, CY.co, XN.co, FZ.co, JM.co, ZQ.co, ZS.co, YZ.co, ZJ.co, DZ.co, XD.co, XG.co, XH.co, XI.co, XJ.co, XQ.co, XR.co, XU.co, XZ.co, Z0-Z9 (as a bundle).

Source:
http://domainnamewire.com/2016/07/01/co-jumps-china-craze-short-domain-auction/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
given that .co could be considered as a "misspelling" or a shorter version of .com, I would expect them to sell as much as their .com equivalents.

and also all those domain names as a BUNDLE??? my goodness. Are we looking at the most expensive bundle in the history of domains? wow!

•••
Where you seeing any comparable sales that show .co brings anywhere near its 'identical' .com?

Highest reported LL.co is $50k (reported by namebio- fx.co in 2013) , same .com would probably go for 10x- 25x that or more (fx.com)

LLL.co is not even getting 5% of its comparable .com....in reality 2- 3% of the .com value.

adr.co 305 USD 2016-06-27 NameJet
ilz.co 115 USD 2016-06-17 GoDaddy
lmw.co 208 USD 2016-06-09 NameJet
gws.co 370 USD 2016-05-31 GoDaddy
zra.co 201 USD 2016-05-30 GoDaddy
pqp.co 155 USD 2016-05-29 GoDaddy
cyu.co 131 USD 2016-05-29 GoDaddy
pfv.co 196 USD 2016-05-27 GoDaddy
ujo.co 196 USD 2016-05-27 GoDaddy
cxv.co 192 USD 2016-05-27 GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
given that .co could be considered as a "misspelling" or a shorter version of .com, I would expect them to sell as much as their .com equivalents.

and also all those domain names as a BUNDLE??? my goodness. Are we looking at the most expensive bundle in the history of domains? wow!

If you are just getting started you need to do more research on what drives prices :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back