IT.COM

poll .CN is larger than .NET are you investing?

NameSilo
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.cn is definitely large.

•••
Well, .tk has more registrations than .net also.

Registrations alone are a poor way to judge an extension.

Brad

•••
Well, .tk has more registrations than .net also.

Registrations alone are a poor way to judge an extension.

Brad

I agree volume isn't key but .TK we know is a free TLD so bullshit, however .CN is primarily used by the 1.3 Billion people in China, so is it a market we are missing? We know they buy Dot Com too but must be money on the table for the right .CN domains?

•••
I agree volume isn't key but .TK we know is a free TLD so bullshit, however .CN is primarily used by the 1.3 Billion people in China, so is it a market we are missing? We know they buy Dot Com too but must be money on the table for the right .CN domains?

Compare .net to .cn sales in the last year on NameBio. It is not even close.

Despite those huge registration numbers, the reported sales are not good.

Brad

•••

Brad

Agree, the value might not be there...

•••
The choices is very restrict because alphabet put together is only helping for pronouncing purpose(mostly), if you don't understand Chinese then better not...doing it.

Last edited:
•••
The choices is very restrict because alphabet put together is only helping for pronouncing purpose(mostly), if you don't understand Chinese then better not...doing it.

Exactly -- knowing the language, and how that country approaches domains, are key to being able to understand what domains are good in that extension.

•••
The valuable names are all taken by early registrars which are exact spelling of Chinese words, the chifan.cn (eating/eat rice) might value for 50k but if given the idea transform it to chifun.cn the value could decrease 90% and if you do it for like chickenfan.cn thus you'll got $0...lol.

•••
My next goal is take chinese lessons lol

•••
•••
Trump said if he doesn’t win the election every one should start learning...LMO.
Please appriase 3 of my trial chinese domains lol

•••
•••
I must share this: why you should not learn Chinese
hahaha... but 1.4 billion people learnt it, so it should be learnable

•••
course not
.cn limited to china, .net open for all the world

•••
•••
Not investing or you don't agree that .cn is larger

booth, I invest in what I understand, not trend-following

6N .com dead, 4N chips dead, now .cn? haha

Last edited:
•••
•••

Brad
In the same time, if you check namebio, you can't find at least one chinese venue( and there are a lot of them and some pretty big), so how can you compare .net to .cn sales, if .cn is not reported, it's like searching for .us sales reports at chinese venues.

•••
In the same time, if you check namebio, you can't find at least one chinese venue( and there are a lot of them and some pretty big), so how can you compare .net to .cn sales, if .cn is not reported, it's like searching for .us sales reports at chinese venues.

All I can do is compare the numbers that are reported.

It is impossible to compare sales that are not reported or do not exist.

Brad

•••
All I can do is compare the numbers that are reported.

It is impossible to compare sales that are not reported or do not exist.

Brad
So, if it's not reported to namebio, that means that they don't exist? Also, if they are reported in chinese, to a chinese forum/website, that means that they don't exist? Namebio is doing a great job, but I suspect that there are more than 75% of transactions not reported, just thinking that considering only namebio results, will mean that I've sold more domains in several cctlds than the entire world put together and I know that this is not true.

•••
Back