Dynadot

news How are com/net/org doing in China?

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Have you wondered how well the traditional domain extensions such as com, org, and net are doing in China?

Here is some data that Kassey Lee collected:

Capture.PNG

More than 10 million .com domain names have been registered in China. Compared with the 19 million .cn registrations, we can say .com is doing very well. On top of that, it is commonly known that in China .com is first followed by .cn in terms of value and preference especially by Chinese corporations.

Source

What do you think of the future domain market in China?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think-in the future-you may see .ch and .in added to that list. China is so vast great names will be in demand. We'll see.

•••
I don't think that .in will be added to that list. .IN has no end-user demand or meaning in China from my understanding.

The reason for the .in buyouts was pure speculation. They assumed that because India as as large as China. Indians would eventually buy .in domains and they would be in high demand.

They bought .in to sell to the Indians. If India doesn't want LLLL or NNN type domains they will end up getting dropped.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back