Dynadot

sales Cloud.io sold for $45000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a vanity trend, .io is not the future of anything, and it only appeals to B2B tech who are dealing mainly with other tech companies.

A company w/ millions to blow wanted a strong startup/tech domain. If you think .io domains are the 'future', go buy $10k worth today and I wish you luck. Too many people talk a lot about gTLDs (although this is a ccTLD I believe) and own none.

Anyone that says gTLDs are the future knows very little about the industry as a whole and the risk that is involved.

Cloud is an excellent keyword, and owning it in any extension is a smart investment.

Holding a non .COM in an unpopular extension (at the time) takes a little bit of luck and a lot of belief in your name choice.

Hats off to the seller.

•••
•••
It's a vanity trend, .io is not the future of anything, and it only appeals to B2B tech who are dealing mainly with other tech companies.

A company w/ millions to blow wanted a strong startup/tech domain. If you think .io domains are the 'future', go buy $10k worth today and I wish you luck. Too many people talk a lot about gTLDs (although this is a ccTLD I believe) and own none.

Anyone that says gTLDs are the future knows very little about the industry as a whole and the risk that is involved.

Cloud is an excellent keyword, and owning it in any extension is a smart investment.

Holding a non .COM in an unpopular extension (at the time) takes a little bit of luck and a lot of belief in your name choice.

Hats off to the seller.

of course.. ne1 saying com will be destroyed by something else does not know what they are saying but truth of matter is.. for every guy who pays 45k for cloud.io there will be 10 more who will pay double that. so I still call this a great invstment.

•••
.IO has been growing tremendously. I think its an easy to type as I & O are next to each other on the keyboard as well while saying too its not like 'TO' IO is like pretty easy for the tongue too. :) I feel its all human psychology :D

I also have been holding to some crazy one word .IOs :)

•••
of course.. ne1 saying com will be destroyed by something else does not know what they are saying but truth of matter is.. for every guy who pays 45k for cloud.io there will be 10 more who will pay double that. so I still call this a great invstment.
Agreed, but for each of those 10 people, there are 100 domainers who think "this sale is great for my 'diarrhea.io'".

I love .io as much as the next guy, I just hope we see some of the bigger .io sales get developed and used to help justify future growth.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back