NameSilo

new gtlds .Cloud hits general availability on Tuesday

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Affordably-priced domain name presents an opportunity for domain name investors.

The company has delivered on the pricing promise. GoDaddy and other registrars are offering the domain names for about $20-$25.

With many “cloud” .com domain names selling for five figures, this seems like a good opportunity for domain name investors. There are no restrictions on registering .cloud domain names.

.Cloud had 500 sunrise applications and 2,651 landrush application

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what about nnnn ? like 1573
Those arent worth anything as yet to the majority of buyers but eventually someone will try to buy up all of them for cheap prices im sure. This GTLD is special. Its a niche and a very popular one. I've sold about mid $XX,XXX in cloud domains over the past 2 years. I have a few sellers who entrust them to me for brokering also.

•••
theme.cloud is on the first page of Google for the query "theme cloud". Its already in the Alexa top million.

•••
Registered COPPER .CLOUD a few days ago. GoDaddy.com $17.99 +ICANN

•••
theme.cloud is on the first page of Google for the query "theme cloud". Its already in the Alexa top million.
They are serious about their business. Good product too. Have you checked it out??

•••
What is the best place to sell .cloud domains? Sedo doesnt accept .cloud domain and i have a lll.cloud domain

•••
What is the best place to sell .cloud domains? Sedo doesnt accept .cloud domain and i have a lll.cloud domain
I am not aware of a platform to sell them other than maybe GoDaddy.

•••
They are serious about their business. Good product too. Have you checked it out??

I visited the site, but haven't used their product. Looks pretty well designed.

•••
I visited the site, but haven't used their product. Looks pretty well designed.
Looks like they are a reseller of another platform. Either way, great use of the domain.

•••
Is Sedo going to allow it later on?

•••

This extension has just been released and there is no market for these domains. Companies are no aware this even exists and wont be jumping to grab these names. The only place you will get a sale now is from a fellow domainer

Unless you can get a word directly related to cloud computing like Smart.Cloud, Web.Cloud or Hosting.Cloud, I would stay away from these names

•••
This extension has just been released and there is no market for these domains. Companies are no aware this even exists and wont be jumping to grab these names. The only place you will get a sale now is from a fellow domainer

Unless you can get a word directly related to cloud computing like Smart.Cloud, Web.Cloud or Hosting.Cloud, I would stay away from these names

Smart.cloud and web.cloud are reserved. Are you saying only domains like that will sell? sure sounds like you have a crystal ball and can tell the future.

•••
Dont you think money is richer keyword than cloud? What happened to .money? You can buy these kind of extensions as an investment. Make a thumb rule like this. When I buy a new gtld, I will register it for 5 years. Let's see how many name you register.

•••
Keywords can lose their effectiveness as extensions sometime. Think outside your little box buddy.

•••
Smart.cloud and web.cloud are reserved. Are you saying only domains like that will sell? sure sounds like you have a crystal ball and can tell the future.

Smart.cloud and web.cloud are reserved

Exactly, thats my point, if you cannot get the top keywords, dont waste your money of crappy keywords in an extension that companies have never heard of, they just wont sell

You don't need a crystal ball for this, history has shown this will all new extensions. Why would a company want a keyword not related to cloud computing in the .cloud extension??

•••
•••
•••
I Just got GTLD.CLOUD , what you think about that?

•••
•••
Exactly, thats my point, if you cannot get the top keywords, dont waste your money of crappy keywords in an extension that companies have never heard of, they just wont sell

You don't need a crystal ball for this, history has shown this will all new extensions. Why would a company want a keyword not related to cloud computing in the .cloud extension??

Probably for the same reasons they buy those unrelated kws in .COM...

•••

But .cloud might be used as Generic extension as well...

•••
I got: Reggae.Cloud

Yemon Irie!

•••
Thanks, even less at uniregistry.com for $7.88
$7 registrations now, oh man they saw the momentum slow, so they want to keep that going.

Well I wasted $100 registering 5 domains, which I probably won't renew.

Every cloud domain I have ever sold, usually started like CloudKeyword.com

I feel for those guys who registered all those numerics, I just don't see a market for it, after the fact.

•••
Does anyone know where we can see sales for .cloud?

•••
Does anyone know where we can see sales for .cloud?
To be honest, I have seen 0 aftermarket sales. The likelyhood of seeing any major sale, would have to be on a numeric, as 99.9% of the industry keywords were marked premium. So all the sales are done directly thru the company that released the extension, as they are the end user for the terms. Some people came up with some creative uses, but those take time to sell.

•••
To be honest, I have seen 0 aftermarket sales. The likelyhood of seeing any major sale, would have to be on a numeric, as 99.9% of the industry keywords were marked premium. So all the sales are done directly thru the company that released the extension, as they are the end user for the terms. Some people came up with some creative uses, but those take time to sell.
Numeric is for chinese market but according to a start posted on this thread, only 2% of total registrations so far is from China. Do you think it will be hard for me to sell cloudtech.cloud and NIT.cloud? I sure can hold on to this duo. Anyone with industry related names has a good chance. IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back