NameSilo

CLONING.ME.uk

Spaceship
Watch

Should I concenrate on an email service?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes - [email][email protected][/email] would be good!

votes
    37.5%
  • No - dont waste your time!

votes
    62.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I have posted about this domain before - alot of you will know, or at least by my signature, that I own it.

Thing is, at the moment its just a personal homepage, couple of funny songs to download, basically like millions of others of sites.

I want to make the most of the domain - its easy to remember, and everybody thats commented on it on here has always had good remarks for its potential.

But thats the problem - what CAN I do that would make the most of it. I thought of providing email, thats what I'd most like to do. I have got everything I need, apart from a hivemail script which I'm hoping I can aquire soon (if anybody is selling one cheap, feel free to PM or email me!).

So I'd love to hear your opinions, fellow NamePro'ers.

Is [email protected] a good address, or at least for those living in the UK?

Worth doing? Any ideas or guidence would be much appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its not a bad domain, but I don't think it would really take off as an email provider. You might get signups, but likely for one-time gag emails; I don't see people using something like this as a permanent email.

Instead you can consider devoting it to one of these:

- jobs search (I'd like to clone me to get more work done.)
- a genetics information site
- an anti-cloning/human genetics website
- a personal website

just my 2 cents. :D

•••
an @cloning.me.uk email address would be awesome, but i doubt it would be successful as a business venture. i agree with armstrong about the gag emails. youre probably better off to develop it as something other than free email

•••
That would be an awsome e-mail :P [email protected] xP But probably too many gag e-mails. I like the anti-cloning site idea.

•••
Thanks for the compliments on the domain.

Seems like people like the idea of an @cloning.me.uk address, by the poll.

I wasnt looking at it as a business venture or something, just a little project to focus some of my spare time on.

Thanks for all suggestions, and welcome any more. :)

•••
I like your domain name, but that makes for a long, yet interesting, email address. Do many UK residents use .co.uk email addresses?

•••
Obviously .com is the most popular, but with services such as hotmail.com its no surprise, although Yahoo! UK mail is quite popular too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back