Domain Empire

question ClientHold Status

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Adam sendler

Impact
Hi everyone,
my domain is being #ClientHold for 3 months and it will expired this week.
will i'll be able to re-register it after that or not (register.com)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone,
my domain is being #ClientHold for 3 months and it will expired this week.
will i'll be able to re-register it after that or not (register.com)
You need to contact the registrar. Most likely your Whois info is invalid.

•••
Client Hold probably means it is locked. and that is an option you can set or release through your admin panel. You should be able to renew it in the normal way.

•••
You need to contact the registrar. Most likely your Whois info is invalid.
i did contacted the registrar but no responce from him, i just want to know if the domain will be available after the experation or it will be locked for ever

•••
Client Hold probably means it is locked. and that is an option you can set or release through your admin panel. You should be able to renew it in the normal way.
i have no access to my registrar account, my only hope is to be able to buy the domain after it's expires

•••
This status code tells your domain's registry to not activate your domain in the DNS and as a consequence, it will not resolve. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes, non-payment, or when your domain is subject to deletion.

You will have to contact your registrar to get this issue resolved.

If you allow the domain to drop then someone else could potentially grab it before you do.

Last edited:
•••
Well that's a bit embarrassing. Michael M is correct. The locking I referred to usually shows as
clientTransferProhibited

You will need to contact your registrar to see if there is a legal dispute over the name.

•••
It depends why it's in that status. It frequently indicates you've done something mischievous, and the registrar/registry has taken action to stop you from using it and block you from renewing it. :zippermouth:

The registrar/registry may reclaim it after it expires. The registry may block it from being registered again after it expires.

There is a chance you could register it again, because I've seen domain names in this status become available for registration after they fully expire.

You'll just have to wait to find out. :peeking:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back