Dynadot

Clicks Seem Too Random

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
l’m new to parking and relatively new to domaining.

After due diligence studying parking, l hooked up with Bodis.com, which has proven to be efficient and quite helpful.

But in some cases, their picks to click seem most undesirable—at least as regards to the clickable links provided for some domains.

I realize Bodis doesn’t have time to customize the links on every domain name it handles—and perhaps there’s no way around its seemingly random, possibly bot-generated links.

For example, my most-popular domain name, by far, in terms of visits is Universearch.com. But not even one click so far.

The links on the site seem negative for almost any domain name—never mind one involved at least peripherally with searching.

But life is unfair, right?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But life is unfair, right?

Bodis play with revenues, one domains receive revenue and clicks for other domains(their clicks). Revenue changes due to how often you log in into account(1 time for week or 1 time a day), etc.

It's not fair platform.

But revenue is best in parking business. Anyway.

•••
If you figure out the randomness of parking clicks beyond the high CTR and predictability of ZC - please share.
I've had the same problem on the farm for 12 years whenever I try to herd barn cats. Once a domain has received enough traffic and you can play around with keywords and related terms you can create some favorable results in some instances. Auto rotation/auto optimization worked reasonably well in that the overall results were fair to good until...Dec 2017 when G made a change that affected all parking co's using a G feed - that change mandated visitors would see 3 ads vs 1. The change provided users with more ad options and had a negative effect on RPC.
The most cogent and for me time tested explanation I ever got when I asked a question similar to that inferred by your post - came from a top of the game parking exec and I quote "the people who click on these ads - they aren't like you or I". You can extrapolate anything you want from the quote but I've since stopped trying to look into it any deeper than that to avoid the risk of drowning in my own OCD.
Good luck.

•••
It's just their technology. Bodis deeply analyzed behaviour of "users" for years, and make 2-3 times More(and you 2-3 times less) with their "technologies". Just business.

•••
Try another provider with the name. Parking Crew, Uniregistry. Parking never ceases to amaze me. One platform might yield no clicks, but on another may get a steady stream.

•••
For example, my most-popular domain name, by far, in terms of visits is Universearch.com. But not even one click so far

Hi

there are no ads for that domain in goog and only a parked page from Feb/2011 in wayback.

if anything, it may get typo traffic from 'univsearch.com'
but as is, don't see why it would get clicks if no advertisers are utilizing the term.

maybe change keywords to "university and colleges"
because, i'm seeing "reverse phone number search" links on the page.
also, how long has it been parked there?

imo...

•••
Bodis play with revenues, one domains receive revenue and clicks for other domains(their clicks). Revenue changes due to how often you log in into account(1 time for week or 1 time a day), etc.

It's not fair platform.

But revenue is best in parking business. Anyway.

never had any good results with bodis

•••
I gave bodis a try once...but the results and user interface I prefer most are at voodoo. If you don't start getting the results you expect where you are, give another parking service a try.

•••
Hi

there are no ads for that domain in goog and only a parked page from Feb/2011 in wayback.

if anything, it may get typo traffic from 'univsearch.com'
but as is, don't see why it would get clicks if no advertisers are utilizing the term.

maybe change keywords to "university and colleges"
because, i'm seeing "reverse phone number search" links on the page.
also, how long has it been parked there?

imo...
As l said, l’m a neophyte when it comes to domaining, though l know the English language inside-out, as l teach upper-level King’s English.

I just mention this because a responder said “play with keywords,” and you implied doing so in your compelling post.

Can you tell me what exactly this means? Do u
we parkers have any say-so in the overall parking/click process?

•••
Bodis has nothing to do with that.

Clicks or no clicks are based on domain and previous links.
It is not predictable.

Related searches are from G i think.

If you feel, any irrelevant keywords on our domain, you may send it to bodis support and they may review and manually change.

Last edited:
•••
Do u
we parkers have any say-so in the overall parking/click process?

Platform dependent. I haven't used Bodis in a long time so I can't comment. Uniregistry you can set the domains to keyword lock so it displays ads according to the keyword. Parking crew you can manually enter your own keywords to display different types of ads. Split test for optimal results.

•••
Back