Dynadot

Bodis Links Stink

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
First, let me say l’m a relative newcomer to domaining. Yes, l have a lot of stars next to my name, as l joined NP about a dozen years ago—but shortly thereafter took a sabbatical to help raise a family until about 6 months ago.

I do have over 100 domain names now, and l just recently learned about parking, thanks to NamePros, and thought l’d give it a try. And when l read a bulletin from the Bodis CEO that users were going to be given the opportunity to list possible “ideas” for viewer look-ups, l thought l’d give Bodis a chance.

I loaded up my listed domain names with what-l-thought-would-be-inviting-subject-matter-to-folks googling my URLs. After a month or so, though, l was getting very low numbers of Clicks despite lots of Views on more than a few of my domains.

For example, my three most-visited domain names—Universearch.com, PeggingClub.com and MarryARussian.com—were generating next-to-no Clicks. I couldn’t help but go to such sites to see what the links were. I was shocked.

Anyone worried about artificial intelligence taking over the world need not worry if the “invaders” were using the same AI as Bodis “linkers.”

It was obvious why my Click-numbers suffered. I mean, for the most part, the links would have been laughable had they not have been costing me money.

To make a long story short, Bodis notified me that l was booted off the sIte for, essentially, cheating.
I did not know it kept records of who clicks on links, but l found out when l was told l was dismissed because l was costing the company money, as Bodis had to pay for my extremely infrequent looks at a link to see if it was even germane—and more often than not it wasn’t even close. Never mind that l’d never been paid a cent, and l think my total earnings were under $5. Hope you can stay afloat, Bodis.

You would think—at least l would—that a successful company would give a customer at least a warning of what he or she was doing wrong before permanently suspending him or her.

But out of nowhere, Bodis canned me. After finding out why, l begin to think that my dismissal was due to my extremely low traffic—and no wonder. The “linkage” was dreadful at best—or should say, at worst.

I was already looking for another “parker” that wasn’t clueless. If you have any suggestions, please let me know, and if you are a Bodis advocate—good for you. I’m a professional writer (check out “Married Not Buried” at HeartlandPlays.com), and l think we can make some money collaborating on a book—or at least an article—on how to overcome Bodis’ shortcomings and generate major revenue.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
clicks r a joke doesnt matter who u r with

•••
Well, you've learned the first rule of "Parking Club" - You don't talk about Parking Club!

Oh, wait! That not it... The first rule of "Parking Club" is you don't click on the links on your parking page - ever!

Sorry to hear you learned this lesson the hard way. I'm pretty sure (99.999999999% sure) EVERY parking program will boot you for clicking on the links on your own parked pages.

For future reference, if you have issues with what links are appearing on your pages, contact the parking program and discuss what can be done to improve the relevence of the links. This can take some time and multiple rounds of tweaking attempts before things are good - and sometimes they won't be able to make it work at all. When that happens, you just need to move on to the next program and/or rethink the viability of your dn's for parking.

Good luck with your domains and your next parking program!

•••
Yep. It is a bit of a rude awakening for the uninitiated, but also you should take care to read all the TOS when you sign up with any parking or affiliate program, auction site, registrar or whatever.

And if you're looking to try something new, it's always helpful to dig up some relevant NP threads on the subject and do a bit of "boning up".

•••
Well, you've learned the first rule of "Parking Club" - You don't talk about Parking Club!

Oh, wait! That not it... The first rule of "Parking Club" is you don't click on the links on your parking page - ever!

Sorry to hear you learned this lesson the hard way. I'm pretty sure (99.999999999% sure) EVERY parking program will boot you for clicking on the links on your own parked pages.

For future reference, if you have issues with what links are appearing on your pages, contact the parking program and discuss what can be done to improve the relevence of the links. This can take some time and multiple rounds of tweaking attempts before things are good - and sometimes they won't be able to make it work at all. When that happens, you just need to move on to the next program and/or rethink the viability of your dn's for parking.

Good luck with your domains and your next parking program!

Thanks for your help! So there’s no way to find out what links a parking program is using? One must just trust it to be using links that might, in most cases, possibly entice googlers to click on your domain name links rather than shake their heads and groan for having their time wasted?

•••
Thanks for your help! ...
No problemo!

...So there’s no way to find out what links a parking program is using? One must just trust it to be using links that might, in most cases, possibly entice googlers to click on your domain name links rather than shake their heads and groan for having their time wasted?
With THOUSANDS of domains parked, it would be damn near impossible to individually set keyword/topic for each domain in a parking program so all parking programs automatically assign links to each domain based on what their (or maybe their ad provider) system thinks your domain's topic or focus is. It's not an exact science. As such, some parking systems allow you to assign your own topic in those instances where their automated tool isn't assessing your domain(s) correctly.

For examples of how difficult it might be for an automated or AI system to assign topics, imagine if you were trying to park some the domains found in this link,
https://www.boredpanda.com/worst-domain-names/

Many of which are also referenced in this NP thread,
https://www.namepros.com/threads/funny-badly-chosen-business-domain-names.360560/

If parked, these domains would likely show some pretty off topic links...

I suggest that you look in to each parking program and ask questions of them before your next attempt at parking. And remember that not all domains perform equally at each given parking program. You'll have to work at finding which program provides acceptable results for each of your domains.

Lastly, keep in mind that not all the traffic you see will be legitimate. The parking companies try their best to filter out the bots but sometimes they still get through. I have a few domains parked that occasioonaly show an influx of traffic from China, Russia, Cananda and the Netherlands - but it's all junk traffic so I know I shouldn't expect clicks no matter what links are showing on the domain.

•••
Thanks very much for your most-Interesting and informative response. I really enjoy that so many NP members give their valuable time and expertise free of charge.

I will certainly pay your kindness forward. Is there anywhere l can find a list of parking programs? I guess the best thing to do is read this discussion thread.

I was thinking of trying Sedo parking, as l have listed most of my domains on that site. Any thoughts on that idea? Thanks again!

•••
Thanks very much for your most-Interesting and informative response. I really enjoy that so many NP members give their valuable time and expertise free of charge.

I will certainly pay your kindness forward. Is there anywhere l can find a list of parking programs? I guess the best thing to do is read this discussion thread.

I was thinking of trying Sedo parking, as l have listed most of my domains on that site. Any thoughts on that idea? Thanks again!
Yeaaaaaah... You'll probably definitely want to do a BIT more research before parking with Sedo - or anyone else. (Hint - I'm not a fan of Sedo, but others might swear by them.)

I'll suggest you start your research here,
https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-parking-and-traffic-monetization.126/

You'll quickly find out which ones tend to be the better ones and probably give you some things to think about when considering a parking program.

Last edited:
•••
Talking to Sister Lynn, whose in hospital. Very big eaerthquake in Los Angeles about an hour ago. Talk to you soon. 💕

•••
Good luck to your sister and all those affected by the earthquake! ( 7.1 - DAMN that's big!!!)

One last note. You said you started 12 years ago but stepped away for much of that time. Please be aware that parking no longer generates anywhere near the amount it did back then. Things in the dn parking industry had already started to change significantly at the point where you stepped away and have continued since.

Last edited:
•••
It depends on the keywords and traffic, You can stil get solid 30 USD+ clicks on Bodis or Uniregistry, so posessing a lot of such names can provide High CPC clicks on daily basis.

•••
$30+ clicks are the thing sweet dreams are made of.

Although I did get a single $4.53 click about a week ago. For the record, I park with Voodoo. Sedo would probably be my last choice even though years ago they were the place to be. Olden days.

•••
.... 1 click from yesterday.

Attachments

• sweetdreams.jpg
    sweetdreams.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 43
  • sweetdreams2.jpg
    sweetdreams2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 45
•••
•••
Hi

no matter where you park the names below, they most likely won't get any clicks.

you have to understand how parking is related, to what an advertiser will pay for that keyworded domain name.

as is, we discussed one of your names before, in this thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/clicks-seem-too-random.1139930/#post-7265807

imo...
Thank you so much for your most-Interesting and informative feedback. Really like that the great majority of NP members donate their time and expertise for free!!!

•••
...no matter where you park the names below, they most likely won't get any clicks. imo...

Little question about it, even in the parked page revenue hey-days of 10 years ago I cannot imagine any clicks to Universearch PeggingClub MarryARussian via any parking provider, both then or now (unless I am missing something, which is always possible).

Last edited:
•••
Good luck to your sister and all those affected by the earthquake! ( 7.1 - DAMN that's big!!!)

One last note. You said you started 12 years ago but stepped away for much of that time. Please be aware that parking no longer generates anywhere near the amount it did back then. Things in the dn parking industry had already started to change significantly at the point where you stepped away and have continued since.

Thanks for your concern about my sister; l have no idea how that post got into NamePros. I was obviously pretty shook-up in more ways than one!

We had a 6.4 two days ago and a 7.1 (11 times more powerful) yesterday—and experts say only a 5 percent chance for a more-potent quake (possibly, The Big One)—but l’m unfortunately, an eternal pessimist.

And l remember now reading that parking, by and large, has steadily declined in terms of generating revenue.

•••
Little question about it, even in the parked page revenue hey-days of 10 years ago I cannot imagine any clicks to Universearch PeggingClub MarryARussian via any parking provider, both then or now (unless I am missing something, which is always possible).

Thanks for your response. Online dating services are very popular now, particularly involving foreign companies, e.g., AsianDating and AfroIntroductions. I have a hunch you’re not familiar with the term “pegging,”’which is an adult term that dominates adult sites these days—and Universearch.com is my “best-seller” by far—l think because of the combination of two popular keywords.

•••
Back