Domain Empire

Chinese users here?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BarryR

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I am confused about Chinese domains, I see often numbers going around for Chinese domains.

I own a domain like this: jipiao lianjia / Cheap flights? (jipiaolianjia.com)
Is this Chinese? and is it worth something?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not Chinese but if this is real, than its worth a couple of 1000s

•••
I am Chinese,but I don't like your domain .

•••
I am Chinese,but I don't like your domain .
Thanks for your answer, can you give me a reason why.. is it not spelled correctly? or else?

•••
4-pin is not good enough..3pin is a trend...

•••
4-pin is not good enough..3pin is a trend...
Thank you, can you explain what is a 4-pin or 3-pin? I was looking for it at google but couldnt really find the answer.

•••
Thank you, can you explain what is a 4-pin or 3-pin? I was looking for it at google but couldnt really find the answer.
It's a long story..

•••
It's a long story..
Can you refer to a document/info/link or something?

So the domain isnt worth a thing... Or is it still valuable ?

•••
Can you refer to a document/info/link or something?

So the domain isnt worth a thing... Or is it still valuable ?

Sorry,i am not allowed to post links in thread replies. U can read the post "
Understanding the Mid Five-Figure Domain Name Sale of Huifenqi.com"

•••
Hi all,
I am confused about Chinese domains, I see often numbers going around for Chinese domains.
I own a domain like this: jipiao lianjia / Cheap flights? (jipiaolianjia.com)
Is this Chinese? and is it worth something?
Hi Barry,

Yes, it is, but the order is probably wrong. It consists of 4 Chinese Pinyin characters (so commonly called 4-pin)

Ji(机) Piao(票) Lian(廉) Jia(价)

Ji Piao means "air tickets"
Lian Jia means "cheap"
Better be written as Lian(廉) Jia(价) Ji(机) Piao(票)

4-pin is quite long. While I've come across some 4-pins, many companies just go for 4L instead (In this case, LJJP.com is better.)

Sorry,i am not allowed to post links in thread replies. U can read the post "
Understanding the Mid Five-Figure Domain Name Sale of Huifenqi.com"
Thanks for mentioning my blog post. Here's the link.
Understanding the Mid Five-Figure Domain Name Sale of Huifenqi.com

"Follow" me to read my blog posts if you are interested in the Chinese domain market. More are coming...

•••
Just to show you 4-pins do exist, here's a January 4 news story about:

jiuxiangfushi.com

Jiu Xiang Fu Shi (酒乡副食)
Translation: Wine Country Non-staple Food

http://news.ename.cn/yuming_20160104_102468_1.html

Use Google Translate to help you read Chinese news.

•••
•••
I'm Chinese, "Cheap flights" translate into chinese means "lianjiajipiao",but if you owns lianjiajipiao.com,it also worth nothing. 4-pin is not good enough,people can use 4L, that's why 4L.com becoming more and more expensive.

•••
I'm Chinese, "Cheap flights" translate into chinese means "lianjiajipiao",but if you owns lianjiajipiao.com,it also worth nothing. 4-pin is not good enough,people can use 4L, that's why 4L.com becoming more and more expensive.
bingo

•••
All 4-pin are not entirely worthless. There have been sales of 10-12 character 4-pin domains.
I haven't looked closely at the English meaning of many of them, but I imagine they had very desirable words/phrases.

•••
what is a 4-pin or 3-pin?
A 3-pin domain is a domain comprised of a pinyin word (or phrase) that can be written with three Chinese characters.
A 4-pin domain is a domain comprised of a pinyin word (or phrase) that can be written with four Chinese characters.
Etc, etc...

Using Kassey's example above: 'jiuxiangfushi.com' is a 4-pin domain comprised of the pinyin phrase jiuxiangfushi. Jiu Xiang Fu Shi is written with 4 different Chinese characters 酒乡副食.

•••
so is it a good domain or not?

•••
What is it worth? xx ? xxx ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back