Domain Empire

discuss Chinese LLLL .com $7,000- $10,000 next year range.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aditya11117

Established Member
Impact
Chinese LLLL .com would average between $7,000- $10,000 by the end of Dec 2016.

That's prediction from most of the domain holders.

Do u agree ?

Yes or No

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Short answer: No
Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

•••
•••
Are you talking Chinese premiums? Even then, realistically I'd say no way. I could see the CHIP floor (currently around $2k+) move to $3k or even $4k.

For your numbers I think we'd need to see another entire super power like China to jump in, which doesn't exist. Not to say we won't see growth or more investors but not near to the extent of 4x or 5x where we are now.

I guess I'd ask you where you get your information from and who are these "most domain holders" and what's the reasoning for those type of figures? I'm long and optimistic but I think that's just too far out there.

•••
Chinese LLLL .com would average between $7,000- $10,000 by the end of Dec 2016.

That's prediction from most of the domain holders.

Do u agree ?

Yes or No

Name them please.

$7000 floor for a chip is really too high.

I would say $3000-$5000 might be maximum range by the end of 2016, but of course I cant be sure. They might even drop below $1500.

$7000 floor for LLLL.com chip would mean LLL.com chip should be worth at least around $150000.

•••
My personal thinking it would rise to 5-6k. Just 3 months ago the floor price was $600-$800 average.
Currently the average is 2k-2.5k ( Huge hike)

So by next ending year it MAY be 2X or 3X the current floor. (May be more) #personal opinion

Good luck to all the Chinese LLLL .com holders !

•••
predictions for this may vary according to how many chips one holds.

it's normal to do so.

but if you want ot turn this into a prediction subject matter based on every person best knowledge and understanding of market right now.. which of course varies greatly from each person.. but.. we each can have an prediction nonethelss... then my prediction is:

by end of 2016 chips floor at 1k.

we'll see who is right

see you in a year. cheers.

•••
predictions for this may vary according to how many chips one holds.

it's normal to do so.

but if you want ot turn this into a prediction subject matter based on every person best knowledge and understanding of market right now.. which of course varies greatly from each person.. but.. we each can have an prediction nonethelss... then my prediction is:

by end of 2016 chips floor at 1k.

we'll see who is right

see you in a year. cheers.
Looks like u hold many non Chinese LLLL .com :)

•••
Looks like u hold many non Chinese LLLL .com :)

either that or I do not hold many because of my prediction.

it is hard to say what comeas first.. the egg or the chicken

lol

•••
$10,000 minimum for CHIPs and $5,000 minimum for ANY 4 letter .com by end 2016. The bubble has a lot longer to run...456,976 in total. There are millions
of useless artworks prices at $20,000 or more and 4 letter.com is probably going
to over $50,000 a piece within 10 years.

•••
I'd say yes for "ultra-premium" chips, like cnnn etc imho :xf.grin:

•••
$10,000 minimum for CHIPs and $5,000 minimum for ANY 4 letter .com by end 2016. The bubble has a lot longer to run...456,976 in total. There are millions
of useless artworks prices at $20,000 and above 4 letter.com is probably going
to over $50,000 a piece within 10 years.

well if that occurs then I can only imagine where 3L and better is going

•••
•••
One thing about this exercise is the unpredictable behaviors of intangible investment and market influences. If several holders of large quantities of "worth" in domains decide to go liquid and turn elsewhere for their interests........

What will be interesting is when an extension owner, say .cash for example, decides the best way to drive up registrations and splash is to "reg" short or numerics by the thousands through straw arrangement(s). Domainers will scramble with the sudden buyout of an innocuous extension, and the revenues from 100k new legitimate registrations - coupled with exposure - will pull in some fast revs. Heh, then start running the straw registrations through auctions in a drip and drive profit margins even further.

•••
I honestly don't see domain investors jumping into tlds like .cash, .link etc...look at what happened with .name. Also they have high reg fees. Personally I will never touch them.

•••
My personal thinking it would rise to 5-6k. Just 3 months ago the floor price was $600-$800 average.
Currently the average is 2k-2.5k ( Huge hike)

So by next ending year it MAY be 2X or 3X the current floor. (May be more) #personal opinion

Good luck to all the Chinese LLLL .com holders !

Everything has a limit. LLLL also

•••
Unlikely,

that range is higher than what end users usually pay.

•••
I think the current situation is again not very healthy. It went up very quickly. Then it dropped back from 3K to 1.5K as fast as the climb was. It has now went back around 2K-2.2K .. the trend up is clear again and fast.

I don't know what will be the cycles of all that. But for flippers with cash, there is a nice game going on with CPs.

•••
Unlikely,

that range is higher than what end users usually pay.

This is where the problem lies. Are these going to be a commodity, or are these going to be for websites.

If these are used for websites, then that range is higher than what end users usually pay.

However, if these are going to be used as a commodity, it's already dead in the water and the price will be back down to $400 - $800 in 2016.

Which is still up from $2014 when they were $20 - $30 USD here on Namepros.

4L's are mirroring Bitcoin behavior exactly... a price drop followed by a quick recovery, but at a lower price as previously mentioned....

Then it dropped back from 3K to 1.5K as fast as the climb was. It has now went back around 2K-2.2K

Then within a few weeks, it tanked over a 3 - 4 month period.

Don't be shocked when this happens, because this is what the Chinese culture does with digital flights to secure wealth.

•••
In my opinion I don't think you can draw a parallel between bitcoin and LLLL.coms. Realize the premium LLLL.com chart below is minimum sale price, not max or average so it does throw the chart off a bit. However, we were at an average high of around $3k but that was very short lived. I think we'll get back there slowly and steadily and we'll have a new permanent base.

chinesedomains.png
bitcoin.png

•••
As John Mellencamp said in his song "Crumbling down" When you climb too fast there usually is a steep hill right over the horizon

•••
I still remember a year ago I was getting NNNN .com for $4500. But didnt purchased any ! coz I really feel it risky.
Today the average of an NNNN .com is 12-15k and without 0 and 4 it's skyrocket.
So In my opinion Premium LLLL.com can fetch that too in next 1.5 easily.
#Personal opinion. I would say Buy as many Premium LLLL .com :)

•••
I honestly don't see domain investors jumping into tlds like .cash, .link etc...look at what happened with .name. Also they have high reg fees. Personally I will never touch them.

I'm not talking about investors - I am talking about market manipulations.

Lets say I contact a registrar and strike a deal for a discount on 10,000 registrations. People know that there are some that will do that for the big players. So I buy up 10k variations of a possible 26k combos of NNNL at $4 per and a total cost of 40K - I just effectively cornered a market by holding almost 40% of the resource.

Some domainers read on some blog that suddenly there was a buyout of NNNL.example and they all resolve to bogus chinese looking sources. The wave comes and the remaining combos are bought up within the week. Dropcatchers are working overtime grabbing deletes, prices are increasing as demand grows...etc, but these are not getting developed - just vault stored.

Next I sell some to my cousins Ernie Vito and Joey the Thumb for splashy bucks - lets say 15k - and the sales are reported. I just influenced the market with my transaction that stays in the family money, and maybe I am out 45k total by now with various fees.

Now here is where the beauty of this comes together, Tony.....you're gonna love this.....there are thousands of domainers eating these things up like crack cuz they wanna get rich, and they drive the market even more, so now all we gotta do is sit back, sell off our stock in small increments so as not to disrupt the market too much, and in no time we turned 45k into 450k if we can leverage off 450 of our 10, 000 domains at a geezer apiece when the price point hits. We created the market out of thin air on worthless goods - we can dictate pricing.

Somehow, in a very short period of time, absolutely worthless domains skyrocketed in value. If you owned bananabasketpads.com and Apple suddenly decided they wanted to launch a new product called Banana Pads In A Basket- you have something of real value. Apple comes knocking and you walk with 1.5 mil. But these liquids are volatile and can be manipulated greatly by powers with wealth and/or influence and control.

There is a reason that market trading is so heavily monitored and regulated, and even then it still gets exploited at times by the right con men. It's tightly controlled because of the manipulations of worthless investments made to appear valuable at times to investors, who then later find out they're not worth shit after the money left town.

The government never cared if businesses bought bananabasketpads.com from some domainer and made him wealthy for a year - but the market has changed and gone almost purely lliquid and volatile, and easy to manipulate if the players play well together. Eventually DoJ is showing up to this party.

•••
I still remember a year ago I was getting NNNN .com for $4500. But didnt purchased any ! coz I really feel it risky.
Today the average of an NNNN .com is 12-15k and without 0 and 4 it's skyrocket.
So In my opinion Premium LLLL.com can fetch that too in next 1.5 easily.
#Personal opinion. I would say Buy as many Premium LLLL .com :)

NNNN.com has 10k combos... LLLL.com has over 400k combos

•••
I'm not talking about investors - I am talking about market manipulations.

Lets say I contact a registrar and strike a deal for a discount on 10,000 registrations. People know that there are some that will do that for the big players. So I buy up 10k variations of a possible 26k combos of NNNL at $4 per and a total cost of 40K - I just effectively cornered a market by holding almost 40% of the resource.

Some domainers read on some blog that suddenly there was a buyout of NNNL.example and they all resolve to bogus chinese looking sources. The wave comes and the remaining combos are bought up within the week. Dropcatchers are working overtime grabbing deletes, prices are increasing as demand grows...etc, but these are not getting developed - just vault stored.

Next I sell some to my cousins Ernie Vito and Joey the Thumb for splashy bucks - lets say 15k - and the sales are reported. I just influenced the market with my transaction that stays in the family money, and maybe I am out 45k total by now with various fees.

Now here is where the beauty of this comes together, Tony.....you're gonna love this.....there are thousands of domainers eating these things up like crack cuz they wanna get rich, and they drive the market even more, so now all we gotta do is sit back, sell off our stock in small increments so as not to disrupt the market too much, and in no time we turned 45k into 450k if we can leverage off 450 of our 10, 000 domains at a geezer apiece when the price point hits. We created the market out of thin air on worthless goods - we can dictate pricing.

Somehow, in a very short period of time, absolutely worthless domains skyrocketed in value. If you owned bananabasketpads.com and Apple suddenly decided they wanted to launch a new product called Banana Pads In A Basket- you have something of real value. Apple comes knocking and you walk with 1.5 mil. But these liquids are volatile and can be manipulated greatly by powers with wealth and/or influence and control.

There is a reason that market trading is so heavily monitored and regulated, and even then it still gets exploited at times by the right con men. It's tightly controlled because of the manipulations of worthless investments made to appear valuable at times to investors, who then later find out they're not worth sh*t after the money left town.

The government never cared if businesses bought bananabasketpads.com from some domainer and made him wealthy for a year - but the market has changed and gone almost purely lliquid and volatile, and easy to manipulate if the players play well together. Eventually DoJ is showing up to this party.

I hear what you're saying, someone supposedly bought the last 30,000 LLLL.net premiums. I just don't see it happening with random tld extensions, it would be an enormous risk in my opinion. You have to gain that interest, gain the sales and get the hype. .Com, .Net, .Org have been around since the dawn of the internet. To me other tlds seem like novelties and I wouldn't be hyped to buy any type of .ohwowanotherextension

I don't think it's that heavily monitored and when did all this manipulation occur that you speak of? Who later found out their domains aren't worth anything? That's why you invest and trade worthwhile extensions, their value has, over time, only gone up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back