NameSilo

information China to ban foreign companies from online media business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just went through the article.... Personally I dont think it would have any effect on domain sales at all. It seems to me that the main target her is online publishing companies. They probably doing it so that they can control what content is being release online about China. I could be wrong here but my guess is so that if a local publisher produces content that could be deemed sensitive or content that creates a bad imagine of China or the government then they can take action against a local company/Citizen easier than taking action against an overseas publisher/person.

Just my two cents though...I could be way off. lol...

•••
Just the final struggle of a dying regime, even if they were able to actually make sure every online venture is coming from a partnership with a Chinese company it would not have an effect on domaining. As we have learned time and time again you cannot regulate the internet. As China's huge population becomes more and more educated they will become to many people to control.

•••
whatever

•••
ok to be honest the article was too damn long and boring. but I finally did. and well with regulations such as this is there any possibility of well long story short China Banning .com's? There's already a huge thread about this on NP. it's just a question. don't chew my head off like thee other guy. I'm not fanatical about this just wondering. Thanks.

also when I asked how this would affect domaining. I was specifically thinking well isn't a huge part of Chinese domains being sold also because of not Chinese buyers buy of Western buyers who are buying Chinese "friendly" domains to break into the Chinese market? aka buying the kind of domains that Chinese domainers are snatching up?

Are there any instances of Western companies buying the kind of Domains Chinese domain investors are buying? for the express purpose of selling or marketing to the chinese market?

Thanks.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back