IT.COM

sales ChicagoPizza.com Sold for $9,400 USD – What's your thoughts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
The domain name ChicagoPizza.com sold on GoDaddy yesterday for $9,400 USD, What are your thoughts on this domain name?

The domain name was registered back in 1998 and didn’t resolve for many years according to Achrive.org historical records, It was then parked at GoDaddy CashParking for a number of years and now has dropped and been auctioned on GoDaddy for $9,400 USD.

What is Chicago Pizza or Chicago Style Pizza – I do love myself a slice of deep-dish pizza – Do you?

Chicago-style pizza is pizza prepared according to several different styles developed in Chicago. The most famous is the deep-dish pizza. The pan in which it is baked gives the pizza its characteristically high edge which provides ample space for large amounts of cheese and a chunky tomato sauce. Chicago-style pizza may be prepared in deep-dish style and as a stuffed pizza

The domain name ChicagoStylePizza.com is already taken too before anyone heads on over to check it out, registered back in 1997 owned by The Malnati Organization

So what do you think was $9,400 USD a good buy?

I think it was and there are a number of companies who could take advantage of this great name, it will be interesting to see who acquired on GoDaddy Auctions, I suspect a domain name investor not an end-user but we will know in due course – Congrats to the buyer, I think you got a great name with nice opportunity in for future resale.

Ever wanted to know what domain names Domino Pizza Owns you can check out the full list here.

http://robbiesblog.com/chicagopizza-com-sold-for-9400-usd-whats-your-thoughts/8543

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain name ChicagoPizza.com sold on GoDaddy yesterday for $9,400 USD, What are your thoughts on this domain name?

The domain name was registered back in 1998 and didn’t resolve for many years according to Achrive.org historical records, It was then parked at GoDaddy CashParking for a number of years and now has dropped and been auctioned on GoDaddy for $9,400 USD.

What is Chicago Pizza or Chicago Style Pizza – I do love myself a slice of deep-dish pizza – Do you?

Chicago-style pizza is pizza prepared according to several different styles developed in Chicago. The most famous is the deep-dish pizza. The pan in which it is baked gives the pizza its characteristically high edge which provides ample space for large amounts of cheese and a chunky tomato sauce. Chicago-style pizza may be prepared in deep-dish style and as a stuffed pizza

The domain name ChicagoStylePizza.com is already taken too before anyone heads on over to check it out, registered back in 1997 owned by The Malnati Organization

So what do you think was $9,400 USD a good buy?

I think it was and there are a number of companies who could take advantage of this great name, it will be interesting to see who acquired on GoDaddy Auctions, I suspect a domain name investor not an end-user but we will know in due course – Congrats to the buyer, I think you got a great name with nice opportunity in for future resale.

Ever wanted to know what domain names Domino Pizza Owns you can check out the full list here.

http://robbiesblog.com/chicagopizza-com-sold-for-9400-usd-whats-your-thoughts/8543
It's an excellent domain and one I was personally looking to acquire. I set a pretty high budget of $6,000, but was outbid at the last minute. To be honest, domains like this are quite rare and rarely hit the market. When they do, they're a fury of people bidding on it. At the end of all of the madness, pizza is the main go-to for most. Chicago pizza is on an entirely different level, especially the infamous deep dish pizza.

There are several extensions registered and thousands of domains sharing the phrase 'chicagopizza' and in various extensions. For me, this domain is very powerful and worth every penny. My main regret was not bidding more. Whoever won the domain had deep pockets and had no interest in letting a domain like this slip out of their hands. A domain like this would make an excellent addition to a Chicago pizza restaurant. #exactmatch #catagorykiller #directtypeintraffic

deep-dish-pizza-3.jpg

•••
I think the point of the domain valuator is to attempt to value the domain, no related to the business, or backlinks/traffic/WHOIS-inquires, associated with the domain, but who knows what the algorithm is using when hiding behind broad marketing terms such as based on real-market data.

There’s a lot of data out there. In zettabytes. 450M+ domain names and more than 2B sub.name.ext etc. and so far only +/- 20% of it is being analyzed for "actionable" intel. Today, only a few co. can afford the tools and backbone infrastructure needed to analyze the data and provide true "predictive insights".

GoDaddy can't afford this or maybe they can, but then, why they're using a bunch of 3rd party data harvesters/providers to collect BIN data, DN MaO sniffing (triggered by form) etc ... :facepalm:

AI/ML - In too many instances, we rely on "best guesses". And that's what we can see @ GD appraisal result. In short, we're using unstable GD Valuator toy anyway and we're not paid for testing out an alpha or baby-baby-beta release v.

--

AI result :)

ChicagoPizza .com? This domain name can make $54794.520547945205479 in an hour / net.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Actually, the chain I am thinking about is called Chicago’s Pizza, and they are located online at chicagospizza dot com. 19 pizza restaurants in Indiana. So maybe approach them as a defensive registration/purchase. Still some possibility they would want that domain. Certainly you would get some type in traffic because of them.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back