NameSilo

Checkout your netsol accounts. netsol reg a dot site domain for you

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandCollectors.com

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
those badass have had registered without my permission a dot site domain with private reg and make web forwarding to the same dot org domain

i did not purchase a dot site they are really scam.

delete your cc from your netsol account.

is it netsol a North American company?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Company living off the past and $1 reg .coms.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Yep, confirmed. They picked a random .com I owned and reg'd the .site version and put it in my account. Now I gotta check CC statements for this charge.

Add: Looks like this happened in Aug 2019 and they gave 1 week to decline although I never recall seeing the email about it.

Add2: Another thing I see is that name it correlates to I no longer own and the .site version forwards to HugeDomains (n)

Last edited:
•••
Yes, can confirm here as well. I noticed that a couple months ago when I was transferring my domains away from them.

NetSol could have OWNED the domain reg market had they employed the right people and put in some ethical business practices. I remember they were the go to company if you wanted a domain...until the rise of Godaddy and subsequently a myriad of other registrars.

•••
just found that netsol regd for me the .online domain for my dot com. I do not need it i do not purch a. online.
very bad

•••
That is bizarre. Some registrars ask if you want to add additional TLDs, but you mean that they just went ahead and added them at your expense? Surely that is not allowed. Like I can't go to a food store and them add some groceries at checkout while I am not looking!

•••
I did not find any unsolicited registrations, thanks goodness. Likely I was not eligible, as all netsol domains I have are from snapnames, and always transferred away after 60 days. It is not the 1st time with netsol. If the memory serves me correctly, they did the same with .xyz once... and it was free. For the 1st year.

Edited: I also do not have a credit card or anything linked into netsol. Must be the real reason why I found no new domains. Even if the 1st year is free - which is likely - then they see no way to autorenew this "gift" for a fee.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back