Domain Empire

information Check your GoDaddy hosted sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I came to the realization today that some sites I had hosted with Godaddy were no longer operational. The hosting account was active but there was some change on their end which wiped out my sites. I have no idea how many days my sites were down but some were de-indexed while others were just not resolving. The issue was quickly fixed but others may want to make sure their Godaddy sites are OK.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what was the issue?

was this cpanel hosting , or the legacy hosting?

•••
I don't know what the issue was. I spoke with a tech support guy briefly and he then referred me to my Godaddy rep. I at one time had set up some one-page minisites for some domains and wasn't really that concerned about those. But I did have to go through the list of sites listed in my hosting account to inform my rep which sites I wanted restored. Some I had put some time into and I still make enough from AdSense to pay for hosting.

•••
was this cpanel hosting , or the legacy hosting?

even though it's working again, I suggest grabbing complete backups of your sites.

•••
The sites were launched 2009/2010 but what type of hosting beats me. I spent enough time back then on development I don't want to lose the sites which still generate some AdSense revenue (Commission Junction was a waste). Content website development to make a few pennies from AdSense is not something I am focusing on at the moment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back