IT.COM

Cheating AdSense (What a Dumb Thing to Try)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

netbusiness

Account Suspended
Impact
I know someone who said you can just use different proxies and click your ads to cheat google adsense??? Is this true as i use this to get traffic to my site?

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try it, and say goodbye to your sites in google.

•••
dont' think that is a good idea. It is simply not worth the effort. Play fair and money will get to you.

•••
I have heard of people doing it, and as far as I know it does work. Please note that I have never done anything like that myself.

•••
A great way to get banned from adsense and i suspect in a way people doing the above is wrecking the PPC world.

•••
This is definitely NOT a good idea. Its people like you that are making advertisers lives a misery.

•••
Please don't do that, google has a system that can track your click.

•••
Clicking your own ads...some kind of fraud too.

•••
Grrrrr......
1) Glad to see your own value-system hasn't ruled this out as ridiculous from the very beginning... :(
2) No, it's not a good way to cheat Google, if it was, every little spineless scammer out there would be doing it. It's almost "too easy", and if I can see through proxies with my limited ability, you bet your @$$ Google can.

-Allan

•••
jon said:
This is definitely NOT a good idea. Its people like you that are making advertisers lives a misery.
He didn't say that he was doing it, he just questioned the legality of it.

•••
The dummies surfing thru proxies usually forget to turn off their cookies which is the smoking gun.

•••
I Think I Should Mail To Google Staff About This Thread & You

•••
Zeeble said:
jon said:
He didn't say that he was doing it, he just questioned the legality of it.

Read ^

caghas said:
I Think I Should Mail To Google Staff About This Thread & You

He hasnt done anything wrong yet...

•••
Google have their own expected proxy/non-proxy hit ratios and if an AdSense client had a large % of proxy hits they would be highly suspicious.

I'm sure Google's statistics analysis is also comprehensive, allowing them to easily detect cheaters, particularly non-sophisticated ones.

•••
He just said that he gets TRAFFIC to his site that way, and he didn't say that he uses it to cheat google.

•••
netbusiness said:
I know someone who said you can just use different proxies and click your ads to cheat google adsense??? Is this true as i use this to get traffic to my site?

thanks

If you are a large enough adsense advertiser, it may be worth your while to install tools to monitor adsense-referred visitors. If you can prove a pattern of cheating, then google might be willing to give you a refund. And this will help them identify PPC-scammers as well, and cancel their adsense accounts.

•••
Cheating with anything that involves money at stake is not a very good idea. I remember reading in the TOS that google could actually bring you to court for cheating in their adsense program.

•••
That is the logical step for Google if they deem a breach of their terms to be significant enough.

ApeXX said:
Cheating with anything that involves money at stake is not a very good idea. I remember reading in the TOS that google could actually bring you to court for cheating in their adsense program.

•••
It's not a good idea, because it is possible for Google to find cheaters
manually. In addition it's possible that the companies who advertise in
the AdWords program remark that somebody tries to cheat. We have
already investigated several cheaters who clicked on our ads to make
much money (which is our money). So we have forwarded their website
URLs to Google's staff and I have never again seen any PPC ad on the
cheaters' websites. So don't think about cheating. It causes financial
damage to the advertisers and to you if you're caught!

•••
Ahh I though of this.. but I used a proxy and whatismyip.com picked up my normal Ip straight away lol... so you know, google probably can

•••
if i change proxy then internet connection will not work, then how will i click, it is a sily idea.

•••
this is very interesint!

•••
It may work for a while but I'm pretty sure Google has a list of proxies or something like that. Like come on their Google, they can do anything. I would never recommend trying to cheat Google because in the end you won't get anything out of it.

•••
Now seriously... if a company like NamePros can detect and identify users using proxies, what do you think a multi-billion dollar company like Google can do?

Don't waste your time with ideas like these. You can put the same effort into building legitimate traffic to your site and be MUCH better off in the long un.

•••
I think it would work as they get A LOT OF CLICKS every day, so they do not have time to monitor all of your clicks, but you shouldn't do that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back