IT.COM

Change in One Alphabet. (Good or Bad)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Umesh1

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,

Today i am looking for a good domain name, to add in my portfolio, so i searched godaddy, and i found a name suppose this is the name UEERAY.com and when i go to godaddy Domain Appraisal to chk how much its worth it shows me price of approx $1083 for UEERAY.com, as i know that appraisal value is not always right. then

i saw that the UEEREY.com already
sold for $2195 (showing in godaddy appraisal) and the live site is already running on this sucessfully and FB pages also, then i searched in namebio, but no record is found there for UEEREY.com.

So my questions is that do u think, that change of one alphabet, is good domain to buy,
and why its not showing in namebio, if it is sold then.

plz share ur thoughts.

Waiting for ur response.
thx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, that name might be an acronym for something or mean something to the buyer so changing one letter makes a big difference.

Its hard to tell without knowing the name

Like Barn and Bart, its worth buying
House and Houte, its not worth buying

Not all sales are reported to namebio

Never use Godaddy appraisals or any other automated appraisals (Valuate, Estibot etc), they are worthless

•••
No, that name might be an acronym for something or mean something to the buyer so changing one letter makes a big difference.

Its hard to tell without knowing the name

Like Barn and Bart, its worth buying
House and Houte, its not worth buying

Not all sales are reported to namebio

Never use Godaddy appraisals or any other automated appraisals (Valuate, Estibot etc), they are worthless
thank you very much, for the reply, i appreciate that, u have given answer in detail, respect

•••
Hi @Umesh1

Won't add much to the superb answer from @gilescoley, except to say that GoValue assigns most reasonable length .com to something not too much different than $1000, so that per se does not mean a lot either way. For me for some reason the UEEREY site does not come up, so I could not check what kind of business/organization it is.

Another thing to check is to see how popular a term is in Google searches, and what the nature of the search results are. When I check both of these terms (from Canada) there are less than 600 results which is super low..

it is not surprising that the other was not in NameBio. Possibly they hand registered it or privately bought it. Only about 20% of names are in NameBio since many venues (Afternic, most registrar marketplaces, Undeveloped, etc.) don't report to them in general (unless buyer or seller do).

Bob

•••
Hi @Umesh1

Won't add much to the superb answer from @gilescoley, except to say that GoValue assigns most reasonable length .com to something not too much different than $1000, so that per se does not mean a lot either way. For me for some reason the UEEREY site does not come up, so I could not check what kind of business/organization it is.

Another thing to check is to see how popular a term is in Google searches, and what the nature of the search results are. When I check both of these terms (from Canada) there are less than 600 results which is super low..

it is not surprising that the other was not in NameBio. Possibly they hand registered it or privately bought it. Only about 20% of names are in NameBio since many venues (Afternic, most registrar marketplaces, Undeveloped, etc.) don't report to them in general (unless buyer or seller do).

Bob
thanks bob for ur grt reply, but UEEREY is not a actual name, i have just given an example. as u said above, that it has no monthly search, so don't u think, the buyer may comes in future, bcse sometime people search for different names, as UEERAY is sold already, as UEEREY meaning is big brother in my country.

so plz share ur thoughts on this.
thx

•••
Oh sorry I misunderstood that you wisely used a stand in for the actual name. Sorry.

It is difficult to answer in general, but iff you mean is it worth it for a mis-spelling that would get traffic I would say definitely not.I have never been a fan off that (although realize some do buy and successfully sell in those).

If you are saying the word available is by itself a good word of somewhat equal popularity to one that sold for $2k then well need to look at everything, if one can get it cheaply enough, perhaps.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Bob

•••
not really, but if you drop one vowel, that works well. For example:

videocamera.com

drop the e in camera and you have videocamra.com

still works see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back