IT.COM

discuss Celebrity domain - Caitlin Clark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I just happened to land/register what might be the most valuable domain of my life. I can't say what it is here, but it's very similar to YouGoGirl.com. Caitlin will be interviewed by ABC's Robin Roberts tomorrow morning about her record setting NCAA performance this weekend while playing The Ohio State Buckeyes.

I'm posting about this here seeking advice on how to market it and to who. Here something I pulled from her Wiki page that tells of her marketing and branding potential;

Business interests[edit]​

Clark and Jake from State Farm pointing at khakisClark with "Jake from State Farm" in a promotion for State Farm in 2023
Clark is represented by agents Alan Zucker, Colleen Garrity and Erin Kane of Excel Sports Management.[181] She has been described by analysts as one of the most marketable college basketball players and college athletes.[182][183] On August 18, 2021, she signed her first name, image and likeness (NIL) deal with The Vinyl Studio, a company based in West Des Moines, Iowa.[184] Clark signed with Nike on October 10, 2022; she has often worn shoes from the company's Kobe Bryant signature shoe line.[185][186] On October 10, 2023, she became a spokesperson for State Farm and was the first college athlete to sign with the company.[187] That December, Clark added Gatorade to her list of endorsements, joining Paige Bueckers as the only women's basketball players to sign with the company.[188] As part of the deal, Gatorade donated $22,000, in reference to her number 22 jersey, to the Caitlin Clark Foundation, which aims to benefit youth and their communities through education, nutrition and sport.[189] She is partnered with the Iowa-based supermarket chain Hy-Vee, which launched a cereal called "Caitlin's Crunch Time" at select stores in January 2024, with proceeds going to Clark's foundation.[190] She has also signed NIL deals with Bose, Buick, Goldman Sachs, H&R Block and Topps, among other companies.[191]

I'd luv to discuss this with anyone who has had any experience with this sort of thing. PM if you'd rather not talk about it here. Thank you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it is YouGoGirl.com, it is valuable. If it is YouGoCaitlin.com, it is no value, except it is a Cybersquatter domain. You easy to register it, because others don't want to make a trouble with someone else Famous Name and Business. Except you have a legal connection with the Celebrity, the domain is worthless.

Last edited:
•••
If it is YouGoGirl.com, it is valuable. If it is YouGoCaitlin.com, it is no value, except it is a Cybersquatter domain. You easy to register it, because others don't want to make a trouble with someone else Famous Name and Business. Except you have a legal connection with the Celebrity, the domain is worthless.
Excuse me? So it's worthless if it brings more attention to women and sports. That's stinkn thinkn as far as I'm concerned. You may want to Google YouGoGirl.com to see all the POSITIVE that can come of it. What do you have against women:xf.rolleyes:

•••
What do you have? If it is YouGoGirl.com definitely it is good, have good value and not a Cybersquatter domain. If you have YouGoCaitlin.com it is obviously a Cybersquatter domain, no value for sale at all. Thanks

•••
•••
I wont speculate on the domain but just reiterate what all domain speculators should already know about famous personalities/sports person/celebrities etc. domains.

Any profiteering intentional or otherwise including by domain sale is frowned upon And by request actioned against, those who seek to do so. This is NOT the legal definition of the recognised infringement, But it is as damn clear as I can make it for those who choose to run around with their heads in the sand.

Build a genuine fan site with No profit or adverts and you'll probably get away with it. (Not always) List the domain for a profit making sale and it will in all certainty be ignored by all, unless the mentioned/associated personality chooses to follow the UDRP route.

I don't know what could be clearer. I fully understand the OP's excitement if he feels he can associate with an untrademarked term without direct association or the named personality being used. Then with all other considerations in place, go for it.

I just wonder if once again the OP is just trying to stoke a bit of controversy. nothing more, nothing to be gained apart from a bit of a wind-up. I hope not. Registrants can choose as much Wriggle room as they wish but if it doesn't hold-up, then their beliefs are irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:
•••
I wont speculate on the domain but just reiterate what all domain speculators should already know about famous personalities/sports person/celebrities etc. domains.

Any profiteering intentional or otherwise including by domain sale is frowned upon And by request actioned against by those who seek to do so. This is NOT the legal definition of the recognised infringement, But it is as damn clear as I can make it for those who choose to run around with their heads in the sand.

Build a genuine fan site with No profit or adverts and you'll probably get away with it. (Not always) List the domain for a profit making sale and it will in all certainty be ignored by all, unless the mentioned personality chooses to follow the UDRP route.

I don't know what could be clearer. I fully understand the OP's excitement if he feels he can associate with an untrademarked term without direct association or the named personality being used. Then with all other considerations in place, go for it.

I just wonder if once again the OP is just trying to stoke a bit of controversy. nothing more, nothing to be gained apart from a bit of a wind-up. I hope not
So let me get this straight, if Bailey is a top football/soccer player in England and he already owns his name BaileyUK.com, he wouldn't be interested in monetizing YouGoBailey.com if it were to generate millions of pounds for his bank account?

Geesh....what was I thinking:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Maybe you should read this;

https://tldinvestors.com/2012/01/its-all-over-the-place-in-the-world-of-celebrity-domains.html

I'm not a Cybersquatter, I'm a creator. Again, what do you have against women?
So why you use Caitlin Clark name in your domain? For profit from her popularity? Have you asked permission to legally use her name and profit from her popularity. If not yet, you are a Cybersquatter. What ever you are saying, just an excuse to your bad faith

Last edited:
•••
ThisMayGoOverYourHead.com

but

SelfIncriminatingEvidence.com

especially because

TheseThreadsAreWellIndexedOnGoogle.com

Last edited:
•••
So let me get this straight, if Bailey is a top football/soccer player in England and he already owns his name BaileyUK.com, he wouldn't be interested in monetizing YouGoBailey.com if it were to generate millions of pounds for his bank account?

Geesh....what was I thinking:xf.rolleyes:
Indeed what was you thinking ?

I don't think I'd even know where to start on breaking down your assumptions. too many of them, So I won't even start. You should have learnt better by now.

Shame, I'm guessing we can now put this down as another piece of wishful thinking, this time as a Sports Promoter

Last edited:
•••
Indeed what was you thinking ?

I don't think I'd even know where to start on breaking down your assumptions. too many of them, So I won't even start. You should have learnt better by now.

Shame, I'm guessing we can now put this down as another piece of wishful thinking, this time as a Sports Promoter
Bailey...you must have something against women in sports as well. One of the worlds largest women in sports promoter is right there in London. You may want to check this out; https://womeninsport.org/

•••
So why you use Caitlin Clark name in your domain? For profit from her popularity? Have you asked permission to legally use her name and profit from her popularity. If not yet, you are a Cybersquatter. What ever you are saying, just an excuse to your bad faith
"Serving the Children of the World" is the motto for Kiwanis, and having just returned from my Kiwanis Club breakfast I registered YouGoCxxxxin.org So why would I do that? I NEVER do anything in what you refer to as "bad faith". Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about, and you don't haven't a clue about my faith:xf.rolleyes:

To get an idea where I'm coming from, this was our guest speaker at Kiwanis this morning;
https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a40010982/how-running-changed-me-linda-fox/

and guess what? I just registered the domain YouGoSunny just for her. She doesn't know it yet, but she will shortly.

•••
YouGoRichard.com is available...

Also, YouGoDick.com

And.... RichardIsACyberSquatter.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
I just happened to land/register what might be the most valuable domain of my life. I can't say what it is here, but it's very similar to YouGoGirl.com. Caitlin will be interviewed by ABC's Robin Roberts tomorrow morning about her record setting NCAA performance this weekend while playing The Ohio State Buckeyes.

I'm posting about this here seeking advice on how to market it and to who. Here something I pulled from her Wiki page that tells of her marketing and branding potential;
IMG_20240307_173005.jpg
IMG_20240307_173005.jpg

IMG_20240308_012730.jpg

Don't talk bullshit... We are talking what you have posted before, and you ask how to market YouGoCaitlin.com which you said you have Business interest about Caitlin Clark famous... And we all said, don't do it. It is a cybersquatter... You know what you are doing, or what bullshit you are talking about YouGoCaitlin.com

Last edited:
•••
Don't talk bullshit... We are talking what you have posted before, and you ask how to market YouGoCaitlin.com which you said you have Business interest about Caitlin Clark famous... And we all said, don't do it. It is a cybersquatter... You know what you are doing, or what bullshit you are talking about YouGoCaitlin.com
Excuse Me? Just because "you all said don't do it" is bullshit:xf.rolleyes: I'm no more a cybersquatter than you're a racist. Seriously, i do know the difference between "Good Faith" and "Bad Faith" .....Do You?

•••
You are registering YouGoCaitlin.com because you want to sell it, and you used Caitlin Clark famous as the argument that the domain is valuable. So you exploit Caitlin Clark's famous for your profit. You registered YouGoCaitlin.com for profit using Caitlin Clark's success. It is clear on all your posted threads before. Even if you are sued in court by Caitlin Clark, the evidence is very obvious.

We just give you suggestion, that what you are doing is wrong, a Cybersquatter activity. You want to learn, it's good because you asked suggestion in your threads how to sell YouGoCaitlin.com with explanation why you register it. But if you feel it is OK to exploit Caitlin Clark's famous by profiting from registering, using, and selling YouGoCaitlin.com, it's your own problem. If it is sued by the Celebrity, it is not my problem. Just enjoy the result.

•••
I just happened to land/register what might be the most valuable domain of my life.
I'm posting about this here seeking advice on how to market it and to who.

Well now that's well and truly date stamped in the NamePro archives you can cut-out the Good faith bullshit. You do love tying yourself up in knots.

•••
•••
You are registering YouGoCaitlin.com because you want to sell it, and you used Caitlin Clark famous as the argument that the domain is valuable. So you exploit Caitlin Clark's famous for your profit. You registered YouGoCaitlin.com for profit using Caitlin Clark's success. It is clear on all your posted threads before. Even if you are sued in court by Caitlin Clark, the evidence is very obvious.

We just give you suggestion, that what you are doing is wrong, a Cybersquatter activity. You want to learn, it's good because you asked suggestion in your threads how to sell YouGoCaitlin.com with explanation why you register it. But if you feel it is OK to exploit Caitlin Clark's famous by profiting from registering, using, and selling YouGoCaitlin.com, it's your own problem. If it is sued by the Celebrity, it is not my problem. Just enjoy the result.
Get this straight.....I've NEVER exploited anyone and NEVER will. Let me ask you this, did Matt Field exploit Oliver Stone when this transaction went down;

"For example: In a private transaction, Matt Field sold OliverStone.com for $6,000 and yes, the buyer was the famous movie director. Matt said he also received a signed script from the upcoming movie Savages from the celebrity buyer. One day, that could be worth more than the 6K he got for the domain."

Once you verify the veracity of the above transaction maybe you'll get off my back and apologize. However few people like you EVER apologize:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Well now that's well and truly date stamped in the NamePro archives you can cut-out the Good faith bullshit. You do love tying yourself up in knots.
WTF are you referring to Bailey??? I say "I just happened to hand/register what might be the most valuable domain of my life."......Duh, are you saying I didn't? Or are you saying I didn't just that minute? WTF difference does it make?

Then I say, "I'm posting about this here seeking advice on how to market it and to who."
Duh....again. I think you need some sleep Bailey. Isn't it past your bedtime in the UK:xf.rolleyes:

Trust me, I'm not "tied up in knots" but you are:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Another horrible thread.

"the most valuable domain of my life"

6 and half years since you've been here and this domain is the most valuable? Trying to jump off somebody's name? Do you understand you can hand reg these type of domains all day long? One example LetsGoCaitlin.com - https://www.godaddy.com/domainsearch/find?domainToCheck=letsgocaitlin

Also, the ridiculous, "you must hate women" routine because somebody points out issues with the name. If I regged a pizza name with little caesars in it and somebody pointed out the issues with that, do they hate pizza? That's your argument.

Last edited:
•••
You really don't understand the finer nuances of domaining do you. Or even the basics. Guess that's the result of talking so much. Your choice to mention the OliverStone purchase shows just how little you understand

•••
As I see , you like to troll…that’s it.
Every thread that you started , ended in a discussion where all domainers told you one thing and you pushed on the opposite direction.
I’m quite sure that if people told you that you’re right , you would change your mind saying that you were wrong.
You just want to create a discussion, that’s all

Good luck with the domain

Last edited:
•••
The good news is.....

I think you can get a refund for this horrible domain purchase. I believe that Godaddy will cancel a hand reg name and refund the purchase price, as long as you notify them within 5 days of purchase (120 hours). Luckily you purchased within the last 5 days (120 hours). So, Right The Ship, before the refund clock expires!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back