IT.COM

discuss Celebrating the small wins

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

J4wd

PeerIdeas.comEstablished Member
Impact
Every day I read stories about large .com sales in the five, six and even seven figure range.

While these are fantastic, I'd love to hear more stories about the smaller sales. The $100 sales, $500 sales and even the $1,000 sales.

If you've sold a domain recently and made a profit, please share it here and let's celebrate it together.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a sales thread here regularly posted to by members on their sales.

•••

Agree. Not too much fragmentation please. In the sales thread, small sales are just as welcome as big sales and are celebrated regularly.

•••
I hate the term 'win' on domains, i always see one of the top domainers (won't mention any names) going on about 'winning' on Twitter.

For someone to 'win' must mean someone has to 'lose' and that is a horrible attitude to have in business, do you see all people who buy your domains or want to buy your domains as losers?

I can only speak for myself, i don't - I'm thankful for any interest and 'if' we agree a deal, i hope the domain is a great investment for their business.

Last edited:
•••
You mean Report Domain Sales?

Agree. Not too much fragmentation please. In the sales thread, small sales are just as welcome as big sales and are celebrated regularly.
Not intending to create more noise in the forums. Just wanted to call out how important it is that we don't lose perspective. Big telephone number sales numbers are great, but the majority are not.

i hope the domain is a great investment for their business.
Then it's a win-win :)

•••
You mean Report Domain Sales?

Not intending to create more noise in the forums. Just wanted to call out how important it is that we don't lose perspective. Big telephone number sales numbers are great, but the majority are not.

Then it's a win-win :)

I agree with you that small sales should also be celebrated, but this is already being done. You want to encourage people to report them even more. Some people may be reluctant to report them (personally I won't bother the forum with smaller sales), others report all of them. Some may be ashamed of the low amount they received. All reports are welcome.

Your intention is certainly good, but creating this separate thread will in fact cause duplicate reports. It leads to a cluttered forum and a lot of extra work for all of us. It's already difficult to keep track of sales in general, so with one dedicated thread it's a lot easier to follow.

•••
I agree with you that small sales should also be celebrated, but this is already being done. You want to encourage people to report them even more. Some people may be reluctant to report them (personally I won't bother the forum with smaller sales), others report all of them. Some may be ashamed of the low amount they received. All reports are welcome.

Your intention is certainly good, but creating this separate thread will in fact cause duplicate reports. It leads to a cluttered forum and a lot of extra work for all of us. It's already difficult to keep track of sales in general, so with one dedicated thread it's a lot easier to follow.
Agreed. Glad to see we’re on the same page 😀

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back