Dynadot

discuss Caught an LLL.biz; didn't pay the premium. How?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

g0kh4n

Domain MogulEstablished Member
Impact
Long story short, I caught an LLL.biz using my own dropcatching script some time ago and paid the standard $9 to reg it.

Fast forward some time, I see some nice LLL.biz dropping soon and decide to try and catch a few of those as well which is when I realize now the registrar is deeming it a "registry premium" and charging $900 which is precisely 1000x what I paid for it.

Immediately I'm like wtf and go check my transaction history and bank statement to confirm I did only pay $9. Next thing I do is go check when .biz domains activated registry premium domains. Turns out it's been the case since March 20, 2020 which is well before I had gotten my 9-dollar banger, leaving me even more puzzled than I started.

Anyone have an idea what could have happened here? Am I overlooking something? I thought maybe not all LLL.biz were deemed premium but tried some crappy LLL combos and they all were the same.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It’s Probly because the letters suck

they just started the premiums not to long ago so you Probly just beat the change

Last edited:
•••
Long story short, I caught an LLL.biz using my own dropcatching script some time ago and paid the standard $9 to reg it.

Fast forward some time, I see some nice LLL.biz dropping soon and decide to try and catch a few of those as well which is when I realize now the registrar is deeming it a "registry premium" and charging $900 which is precisely 1000x what I paid for it.

Immediately I'm like wtf and go check my transaction history and bank statement to confirm I did only pay $9. Next thing I do is go check when .biz domains activated registry premium domains. Turns out it's been the case since March 20, 2020 which is well before I had gotten my 9-dollar banger, leaving me even more puzzled than I started.

Anyone have an idea what could have happened here? Am I overlooking something? I thought maybe not all LLL.biz were deemed premium but tried some crappy LLL combos and they all were the same.
LOL my apologize for this "LOL"
Old story
Since October / November 2019 Neustar Reserved this names
C , CC , LLL , NNN all no matter pattern & also names ( keywords ) that they are considered are Premium
Same thing i expected will happen with .us in near future ( Q4 2020 or Q1 2021 )..imo

Last edited:
•••
LOL my apologize for this "LOL"
Old story
Since October / November 2019 Neustar Reserved this names
C , CC , LLL , NNN all no matter pattern & also names ( keywords ) that they are considered are Premium
Same thing i expected will happen with .us in near future ( Q4 2020 or Q1 2021 )..imo

I know this but what I'm saying is, I paid $9 for it, not $900. So I did NOT pay the premium price. How?

•••
It’s Probly because the letters suck

they just started the premiums not to long ago so you Probly just beat the change

Didn't though. I regged it a couple weeks or so ago and the change Neustar's site says was done March 20. We're way past that.

Also, the letters are good. They're all considered Western premiums.

Last edited:
•••
I know this but what I'm saying is, I paid $9 for it, not $900. So I did NOT pay the premium price. How?
Maybe someone has it listed for sale at whatever registrar you're checking it at. Check another registrar to see if the pricing is the same.

•••
Maybe someone has it listed for sale at whatever registrar you're checking it at. Check another registrar to see if the pricing is the same.

$900 is literally the lowest I can find already. Godaddy has them at $1200 and NameCheap at $975. I checked multiple LLL permutations, even crap ones and they're all at the same premium price point.

So I quite literally, just a couple of weeks ago, got an LLL.biz for $9. Somehow.

•••
$900 is literally the lowest I can find already. Godaddy has them at $1200 and NameCheap at $975. I checked multiple LLL permutations, even crap ones and they're all at the same premium price point.

So I quite literally, just a couple of weeks ago, got an LLL.biz for $9. Somehow.
Check again
Is under your name
You pay $9
Have all status of ICANN good
Can you share ( at least in private ) the registrar & name

•••
Check again
Is under your name
You pay $9
Have all status of ICANN good
Can you share ( at least in private ) the registrar & name

Unfortunately I don't feel comfortable sharing the name at this time but I can guarantee you I've already run through those steps. I know how unlikely this sounds, but it is in my control, I definitely paid $9, and I actually have changed the DNS already etc.

•••

Here's your answer. It's a recent change. Or maybe they just "missed" your domain. :xf.rolleyes:

It's also possible that you paid $9 but the registrar paid sweetly...

Last edited:
•••
kae.biz is available $1,200.17 - DD
kae.biz - $900.00 - GD
kae.biz, Your domain is available! , Premium name. What is this? , 975.00 USD - 101
kae.biz $818.55 - PB
kae.biz 1,102.00 USD - H

This drop yesterday & now for sale at this price
So i think somehow they just "missed" your domain

Last edited:
•••
Here's your answer. It's a recent change. Or maybe they just "missed" your domain. :xf.rolleyes:

It's also possible that you paid $9 but the registrar paid sweetly...

Some time can be defined as <30 days which easily succeeds the date of the said change.

kae.biz is available $1,200.17 - DD
kae.biz - $900.00 - GD
kae.biz, Your domain is available! , Premium name. What is this? , 975.00 USD - 101
kae.biz $818.55 - PB
kae.biz 1,102.00 USD - H

This drop yesterday & now for sale at this price
So i think somehow they just "missed" your domain

Might just be the luckiest thing to ever happen to me. This is coming from a guy who got hospitalized in the past from a tree branch falling on his head, while simply strolling down the campus.

•••
Some time can be defined as <30 days which easily succeeds the date of the said change.

Might just be the luckiest thing to ever happen to me. This is coming from a guy who got hospitalized in the past from a tree branch falling on his head, while simply strolling down the campus.

t.jpg

•••

I don't think you should consider yourself lucky at this time, except if you ain't gonna renew it.

Last edited:
•••
Back