IT.COM

Catch a Fabulous domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JeffLemon

Established Member
Impact
I've seen a domain I want, it's expired 2 days ago. It was registered with Fabulous. Am I correct in thinking that I'll need to use namejet to catch it?

I've never caught a domain before, should i just register with namejet, put in the minimum bid of $69 for the domain and hope no one else bids?

If someone else bids will I get a chance to outbid them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want to catch it you should use multiple dropcatcher platforms, the best are: Dropcatch, NameJet, SnapNames and Pheenix.
You'll pay only 1 time, after one of these catches it, if 2 or more members backordered it it will go on private or private auction and then the highest bidder gets the domain after is paid.

•••
Ok thanks, I'll sign up to all 4 of those and place a backorder for the domain. Thanks.

•••
Fabulous gives its customers 33 days to recover without paying redemption charges , What I would do is contact the owner of the domain and ask them ,if they have no intention of renewing the domain ,you are willing to purchase the domain for 100 dollars ,tell him you are new to the business and are looking to buy 10 domains at about 100 dollars each more or less. If the domain is super valuable than chances are your gonna have to pay at least a thousand anyway in an expiring auction. The seller here may say wow this guy
is trying to help me or is not too bright ,so he may believe your story and make you a 200 or 300 counter offer. you can then just take the offer or re counter,or even ask him if you can pay the domain off. with this he will know your just a novice and give you his best offer. GOOD LUCK.

Please keep in mind ,you may also lose the domain by tipping off the buyer ,but again if its a great domain you will lose in an auction or have to pay up.

PS . I have a few hundred domains at fabulous and always wait till 29 days to renew so you may be talking about one of mine.

Last edited:
•••
So the Domain Sherpa website says that Fabulous is partnered with Namejet for pre-release auctions. However, I was following an expired domain registered with Fabulous and it never did show up on Namejet. The name ended up going all the way through the delete process and I caught it on the drop. I would definetly keep checking on Namejet starting in a few weeks to make sure it isn't on there as a pre-release. I believe Fabulous has a 33 day grace period, followed by a 5 day period before it goes to redemption.

Last edited:
•••
Fabulous domains usually drop after 70+ days:

Period (Days) Domain Status Details
Expiry to -33 Registrar Hold The domain name will stop resolving. During this period you can renew your domain name via your Fabulous account
-33 to -42 Registrar hold - Pre-Redemption During this period Fabulous.com staff may be able to renew the domain for you, however there is an additional charge of $25.00 (Extension Fee)
-42 to -72 Redemption Grace Period During this period the only way to get the domain name back is to have it restored at a cost of $100.00 plus the regular renewal rate.
-72 to -77 Pending Delete The domain name cannot be restored and it will be deleted from the registry
-77 No status The domain name has now been deleted from the registry. It is available for anyone to register on a first-come, first-served basis

•••
So the Domain Sherpa website says that Fabulous is partnered with Namejet for pre-release auctions. However, I was following an expired domain registered with Fabulous and it never did show up on Namejet. The name ended up going all the way through the delete process and I caught it on the drop. I would definetly keep checking on Namejet starting in a few weeks to make sure it isn't on there as a pre-release. I believe Fabulous has a 33 day grace period, followed by a 5 day period before it goes to redemption.

On the names I have registered at Fabulous you have to opt in to have your names go to namejet after expiration,. If people opt in they get 60 percent of the sale price if I am reading it right
Joe T

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back